Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40574
Printed Date: June 16 2024 at 6:45am

Topic: Bleaching Question
Posted By: WolfSong
Subject: Bleaching Question
Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 7:09pm
Hi I have a question about bleaching hair.I dyed my hair black a couple months ago but have now decided that I want to get my hair as light as possible so I can use Manic Panic dyes and have the color show up good.What is the best brand bleach and strength that I can use and what products are good for repairing the hair afterwards in a reasonable time with minimal breakage?

-------------
Theresa

Replies:
Posted By: Rebekah
Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 11:20pm

Use Colorfix, but strand test prior to doing the entire head and see if your hair can take it.  You might only be able to get as light as dark blonde...but I'm not sure you'll have to colorfix and then bleach. 

Black is soooo hard to remove. 

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Rebekah

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 12:28pm
Yeah don't do the bleach first - that's what I did and now my hair goes black everytime I dye it light brown  it is waaayy too porous.

Use Colorfix to remove the dye and then decide if it needs to be lightened further - what colour is your natural colour?

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 1:34pm

Hej honey, i just recantly did the procces from black to way out white ...:P , my hair is pretty short ( 2-3 inches) so i just took several bleachbaths(bleach mixed with shampoo) and did two short sessions that brougth my hair down to a ligth cobber-red,

then i took one full normal bleaching that turned my hair yellow, then a short session of bleachbath and my homemade blueberrie toner and my hair is white!:D offcourse it`s a bit damage buttehm i love it!:)

Its possible, but you have to be willing to damage your hair to some extendt.....Good luck and good hair!<3

**EDIT** cause im a biatch at spelling and forgetfull*

Great products for damaged hair is Redken Extreme line, its quit expensive but does the work, also for me hotolive oil treatments are a godsendt...huum avoid using straigthers and all that stuff.

If you can get a hold of the sunsilk conditoner for damaged hair, i would use that, makes my hair babysoft and shiny^^ **

-------------
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:34pm
Yeah I've used sunsilk one too it's wonderful - but I am quite certain it is a european product only.

Posted By: WolfSong
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 8:12pm
its very dark brown.i just bleached it and its pretty delicate right now i might go to the salon for conditioning treatment.its a yellow blonde right now

-------------
Theresa

Print Page | Close Window