Print Page | Close Window

Blow Dryers

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40734
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 12:14am

Topic: Blow Dryers
Posted By: PickledGeuse
Subject: Blow Dryers
Date Posted: March 02 2006 at 10:25pm
Tonite I just washed my hair with a clarfying shampoo, my regular shampoo, and a conditioner.  I threw on some leave in conditoner.  And then I decied to blow dry.  My 11 dollar blow dryer does not have a comb attachment, so I section off and comb while blowing.  Could this be the reason that my hair is stiff and frizzy?  Also, does anyone have any recommendations on a good blow dryer w/ comb attachment that is cheap.  I would like a Solano, but am wondering if something else is good out there for cheap.

Replies:
Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 10:46am
i dont think you're supposed to wash with your regular shampoo after using a clarifying shampoo. one shampoo is enough. and you should have used a deep conditioner just because you clarified. your hair was probably stiff and frizzy because it dried out. blowdrying alone dries out my hair. did you use a heat protectant or does your leave in have a heat protectant? sorry i dont know any good blowdryers. mine is also a cheapie from walmart

-------------

Posted By: PickledGeuse
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 7:04pm
Well I have to use a a anti-dandruff shampooo because regular shampoos leave my hair dirty, but smelling fresh!  I always use a heat protectant.   I just want a nice blow dryer that will blow out bone straight like in the salon...

Print Page | Close Window