Print Page | Close Window

starting over...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41018
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 12:19pm

Topic: starting over...
Posted By: aznmitsugrl
Subject: starting over...
Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 6:43pm

hey guys, this is deb.  i haven't been up here in ages... ok, almost a year... but after a recent spell of "oh no! my hair is falling out!"  i remembered where i learned all of those great hair tips i used to get it back on track.

so... i was just wondering if some of y'all could maybe remind/update me on your current hair status.

my hair is currently mid-back, it was waist-almost tailbone-length about 6 months ago, but after some addictive trims and playing-with-scissors-at-home games, it is now shorter where i will probably keep it for a while.
i now have bangs, more like really short layers that fall to my cheekbones (kinda... jessica simpson? dunno, i don't really follow celeb hair), and then allover layers
i wash everyother day (or after the gym, which i try to do on those hairwashing days).  to wash, i use CWCC, using whatever for CWC and for the final C i use john frieda's brilliant brunnette (i used the lighter brunnette kind since summer's coming up)
i am a little heavy-handed when it comes to -cones.  i use thermasilk straightening creme and tresemme heat-protecting styling spray when i straighten, and tresemme leave-in conditioner and garnier curling mousse if i scrunch.
i do an ACV rinse about twice a month, and every once in a while, i'll be bored and whip up some kind of overnight hair mask... dunno if they work, but they're fun and usually smell nice.

i am a bit of a trimaholic, but i make sure if i'm in that crazy mood i do it myself, since i'm more timid than a pro, and i'll cut off 1/2 an inch, when they'll cut off 3 more than i ask them to.
AND, i used all hair-friendly elastics and combs-never brushes-and i never use a blowdryer AND straightener/curling iron in the same day... that's what air drying is for.

so... i do a little harm and a little good to my hair...
what about you?

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:33pm

Hey there Deb....wecome back

I'm at about 22 inches. I CWC, henna every 4 weeks, jojoba as leave-in, no heat whatsoever or styling products, no combing/brushing ever, upstyles every day (using only sticks), biotin and horsetail supplements, silk pillowcase....my God I'm obsessed!!!

I'm on a no-haircut oath right now, but it is sooooo hard to resist right now with my horrible straight ends.

That's about it for me

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:25am

Hi Deb, good to know ya! So, your hair sounds great. I bet the trims have really kept your ends looking terrific. Your routine sounds a bit like mine, but i usually CO instead of CWC, and then do a diluted shampoo once in awhile when my hair starts to get limp. I do ACV rinses every couple of weeks, but I'm considering going to a clarifying conditioner because ACV really dries out my already dry hair. Once a month or so, I break down and blow dry my hair (however I do put a heat protectant on first). I'm growing out some bangs/fringe which is a little longer than my nose at the moment. I like to exercise regularly and struggle with the whole sweat vs. over washing my hair issue. Right now I do what you do, which is exercise every other day and wash my hair on those days I exercise. But I really would prefer to exercise every day - I just need to figure out what to do about my hair..... I'm taking a multivitamin, MSM, evening primrose oil, and calcium. Use a comb most of the time and a brush every now and then. I think I am probably obsessed as well I'm hoping for waist length in 2008.

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:21pm
I have a random routine of CO or shampooing with diluted shampoo once a week. I don't use heat styling. I usually have my hair plaited and rarely loose. That's about it! Oh, and I comb it.

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:18pm
Hey Deb, welcome back to the forum!

Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

... my hair is currently mid-back, it was waist-almost tailbone-length about 6 months ago, but after some addictive trims and playing-with-scissors-at-home games, it is now shorter where i will probably keep it for a while... i am a bit of a trimaholic, but i make sure if i'm in that crazy mood i do it myself, since i'm more timid than a pro, and i'll cut off 1/2 an inch...

playing-with-scissors-at-home games?  eeks!

(see my sig pic for current hair status.)

-------------

Posted By: aznmitsugrl
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:19pm
hehe

playing with scissors at home in a responsible manner, that is...

i trim my sister's bangs/fringe, and i cut her hair... and i cut my mom's... and i've done my brother before, but short hair should not be cut at home... especially by me.

but after a few obsessive bursts of trims, my hair looked a lot fuller, and my ends were thanking me, so it was worth it!

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:48pm

Hi Deb - good to see you!  

Sounds like your hair has been doing great. I'm glad your fallout has stopped. ((hugs)) 

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:20am

Hi there Deb!

I have nothing in common with all of you. I have almost shoulder length hair, which is naturally auburn red, with natural copper highlights.

But I do wear nice glasses, and wear a size 7/8 in clothes.

I'm athletic(fast walking, and fast dancing too).

I love supporting everyone here,...even though my hair isn't super long. So once again, Welcome, I'm sure Your hair is healthy, sounds good.

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 14 2006 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by aznmitsugrl aznmitsugrl wrote:

but after a few obsessive bursts of trims, my hair looked a lot fuller, and my ends were thanking me, so it was worth it!

Yay!

Print Page | Close Window