Print Page | Close Window

2006 Shoulder Length Challenge

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41355
Printed Date: September 18 2024 at 8:28pm

Topic: 2006 Shoulder Length Challenge
Posted By: MsMiamiLady
Subject: 2006 Shoulder Length Challenge
Date Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:01pm
             Shoulder Length Growth Challenge

There are a lot of you with gorgeous, hair near the midback or bra strap length, but is there anyone trying to make it to collarbone/shoulder length this year?

i'm natural - so, going for shoulder when stretched/pulled
about 4/5 inches right now

regimen:
condition wash - 2 times a week
deep condition - once a week
use shampoo(mane n tail) - daily
spritz hair w/ water - 3 or 4 times daily
apply leave-in - 2 times daily [morning & night]
detangle - once a week
use wgho- every other day
use african bx braid spray

i'm going for nov/dec 2006 for the goal date.

Feel free to post your thoughts and your regimen.
i think we'll all do wonderfully!
best wishes all you lovely ladies

Replies:
Posted By: Renata22
Date Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:11pm

I really hate to butt in, since I'm not incuded in this challenge, but I have a suggestion.

I've never used mane n' tail shampoo, so I can't say how moisturizing or non-moisturizing it is. However, if you use shampoo every day, be careful that the shampoo is not stripping your hair.

When my hair was natural and I washed it every day, I used Creme of Nature for dry/damaged hair and it was so moisturizing that I didn't use a separate conditioner. It never felt "squeaky clean", but it did feel clean and SOFT. I hear that it doesn't have sulfates, but I don't know if that's true or not. I wasn't into reading labels at that time.

So, if your hair is "squeaky clean" after you wash it, it's too clean, and I would suggest you at least try Creme of Nature for dry/damaged hair and see if you like that.

Also, the longer your hair gets, the drier it will feel. I don't know why. When my hair was very short, I would wash, skip conditioner, apply gel and go. When it reached my shoulders, washing and conditioning just 3 times a week with no gel made my hair dry.

So, as your hair gets longer, you may have to not shampoo as much.

Hope I've helped.

-------------
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!

Posted By: R2D2inoz
Date Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:31pm

Yes I don't shampoo every time I wash either and I've just switched to African Black soap too for hair washes,  It seems to be less harsh and actually made my hair feel soft.

I agree with Renata that dryness becomes more of a problem the longer hair gets.

-------------
Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair

Date Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:49pm
so wen u wash ur hair, u have to use different shampoo's? i heard daily cleaning ur scalp is healthy? is it?

Date Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:19pm

Your hair doesn't get dirty that quickly. Think about it, if you wash your hair today, how dirty have you gotten it just since yesterday? Also, our hair/scalp don't get naturally very oily, like caucasian hair. So, while they're washing away new oil, you're washing away only the moisturizer that you put in just the day before.

If your shampoo is working for you, that's fine. Shampoos often have different qualities: some strip the hair, some condition, some don't do either. Which shampoo you should use depends on your hair type.

You may want to switch to conditioner only washes, and only use shampoo 2-3 times a week. Black hair doesn't need to be shampooed every day.

I used to wash every day only because I didn't know any better.

-------------

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:13pm
I am natural...and the front reaches to my chin the sides a lil pass armpit length. Not sure about the back. But, none of my hair feels dry at all. I think that depends on each person's hair.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: tiajanice
Date Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by MsMiamiLady MsMiamiLady wrote:

Shoulder Length Growth Challenge

There are a lot of you with gorgeous, hair near the midback or bra strap length, but is there anyone trying to make it to collarbone/shoulder length this year? 

Count Me In!!!

I was just grazing the shoulders, and I tried a new salon and had a tragic run-in with a scissor happy stylist...

I'm starting out at the base of my neck...going for shoulder length...and beyond! 

My Current regimen:

1. Pre-poo with Proclaim Natural 7 (combo of peanut, castor, canola, olive, wheatgerm, sesame and almond oils)
  2. Shampoo and cond: I'm trying Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Anti-Breakage 1X week
  3. Deepcond:  Crema By Terax, or Alfaparf semi di lino, or Humectress Every week
  4. After shampoo: WGO, then mix of Nexxus Headress, Rusk STR8 blowdry protector, and Rusk sheer brilliance serum (just a dab of each, mixed in my hands)
  5. Blowdry with Ionic dryer and ceramic flat iron w/ Beyond the zone heat proctector 1X week
  6. Daily moisturize ends with Pantene Restorative strengthening lotion and a smidge of shea butter
  7. Silk scarf every night, fanatically, even for naps!
  8. Nexxus Emergencee 1X month
  9. Boy, this is long!
  10. Relaxer touch up 8wks or more if I can...
  11. Hair type 4a? Relaxed.

P.S. I'm a bit of a PJ, trying to keep that under control...

Ms MiamiLady, where are you? I'm just North of West Palm , but go to Miami all the time...

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:45pm
I'll join this. I was feeling a little left out of hair growth challenges since I did the BC. My hair is 4 inches long right now. With cornrows going down the sides in the front my hair reaches to the bottom of my ears. The back reaches to the middle of my neck.

Regimen:
Shampoo - 1x week
CO - 1x or more a week
Deep Condition - every 2 wks probably more since i bought a deep conditioner.
Apply shealoe to scalp - every other day
Detangle - whenever I have conditioner in my hair in the shower.
Right now I have cornrows in, but when I have my hair loose I do these things more often. For my wash 'n' gos I use Fantasia IC gel.

My goal date is Dec 2006 for my bday.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Posted By: deexox
Date Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:49pm

I'll join =) Right now i'm at the same place as layla only my hair is 5.5 inches.

Okies, I'm doing the Crown and Glory Regimen and basically I keep my hair braided and eat my veggies and protien. I also drink water. The products I use are Motions Conditioning Hair Spray, Castor oil mixed with coconut oil and I should be getting some Infusion 23 and African Royale Braid spray soon

-------------
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)

Posted By: tiajanice
Date Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:30pm
bump

Posted By: PickledGeuse
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 9:51am

Okay I have about 4 inches of hair with 3 inches in certain places(jagged mullet cut) I'm 4A Texlaxed 

My regimen is:

wash:
Creme Of Nature Regular Formula Shampoo 1x's/Week
KeraCare Dry Itchy Scalp Shampoo BiWeekly(Treats Scalp Condition)
Deep Condition w Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment 2x's/Week w/ processing cap 
Condition w/ KeraCare Humectant Conditoner 2x's/Week w/ processing cap
Spray on Motions Leave In Conditioner

Style: 
BlowDry Straight or Hooded Dry After wash using KeraCare Essential Oils (heat protectant)
Flat Iron Straight with Tigi Hardcore Iron 1x/Week using KeraCare Essential Oils(heat protectant) and, maybe KeraCare Creme Press (for slick results)    

Upkeep: 
Moisturize using ElastaQP Mango Butter, KeraCare Jojoba Oil Moisturizer, and KeraCare Essential Oils 2x's/day
Reconstruct with Creme Of Nature Reconstructing CO 1x/month
Clarify with Patene Purity Shampoo
Texturize with Relaxer(Optimum Pro Multi-Mineral) every 12 weeks(beginning to stretch for about another month)
Trim/Dust every 12 weeks

Style Choice: Bed Head, less manipulation! Clip up hair in the back for protection against snags on clothes.(Even though I have 4 inches it does catch to my clothes a lot)

Shoulders Watch Out!

Should I shorten this up and keep it basic?

Posted By: BeautyWitch
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:12pm

Thank Godc for MsMiamiLady! Like Layla said: I too felt so left out.

My current length is 5 inches, and I would like to reach "HEALTHY" collarbone by the end of this year. My hair is natural and I have been using the C&G Method since Jan. So far so good!

My regimen: When In Braids, extensions , etc

1) moisturize twice per day with braid spray mixed with Infusium leave-in

2) Oil scalp 3x per week with WGO

3) Take vitamins every day: Horsetail, Omega3- Fish Oils, Multi-Vitamin Multi-Mineral supplemant, Biotin

4) Keep up with a healthy vegetarian diet

5) Drink 8 glasses of water per day

6) Shampoo weekly

7) No heat

Out Of Braids:

Same except I Co-Wash 6 days per week and do alot of deep treatments.

When do we start?!

-------------
http://www.fotki.com/beautywitch - My Pics

Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 9:07pm
Everybody should start ne time they think they're ready. i've started about a week ago. once u know what you can do to help you reach your hair goal than u should go ahead and start A.S.A.P

Posted By: PickledGeuse
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 12:56pm
How are the first few weeks?  Does anybody have a suggestion for air drying hair without getting matted, and not cornrows or any braids? Also a good protective style that doesn't include braid outs and roller sets?

Posted By: Muslimah_Sister
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:45pm

Im natural as well Im new to the goup too. Count me in to the challenge.I guess my routine will be this

Nopoo Conditon wash only(cause i dont shampoo)1xa week

Hot oil treatment right after that for about 30mins

Then after my hair drys natural comb it out and braid. Im going to start using the Crown a glory method so it will be the same No poo 1x a week and then hot oil treatment 30mins then braid. I will rebraid about 1x a month I will use organic roots products on my hair and a braid spray. I will basicly keep it simple

Massage my scalp and eat healthy eating my protein and veggies and last but not least cover my hair at night. Also im not using many products because it tends to bog the hair and weight it down. Keeping it simple is best(my motto

Drink plenty of water and limit stressHappy hair growing ladies

Also will never ever use chemicals again(thats a nono) Chemical  are bad for the hair(my opinion) Wont use heat except for hot oil treatment and thatwill be under my hooded blowdryer were it  circulates heat evenly

-------------
Natural

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 3:32pm
Ok where did everyone go!!!! are we still on the challenge?!

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 5:15pm
We could start today, April 12,2006 - Dec.12, 2006
some people started on their challenge n thats okay. everybody can report either daily/week/monthly how their hair is improving n stuff

May 12 -
June 12 -
July 12 -
August 12 -
Sept 12 -
Oct 12 -
Nov 12-
Dec 12-

Posted By: Champagne_Wishe
Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 10:17am
I guess count me in.  I have layers so I am trying to grow it out.

Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 11:58am

UPDATE: I've decided to stop the crown and glory regimen...it's damaging my hair BADLY =( Instead, I'm just going to keep my hair clean so it can grow. I'm taking these braids out at the end of this month and start out healthy. I'm going to be trying some new products also:

• Cream of Nature Shampoo
  • Lustra Silk Shea Butter Conditioner 
  • Cantu Grow Strong Treatment
  • Organic Root STimulator Carrot Oil

I'll let yall know how it turns out =)

-------------
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)

Posted By: Sharon71
Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by MsMiamiLady MsMiamiLady wrote:

We could start today, April 12,2006 - Dec.12, 2006
some people started on their challenge n thats okay. everybody can report either daily/week/monthly how their hair is improving n stuff

May 12 -
June 12 -
July 12 -
August 12 -

Sept 12 -
Oct 12 -
Nov 12-
Dec 12-

Wow I missed the boat on this one but hey, i'd love to join the challenge  as sounds gr8 and will start today ( April 15th ). I normally keep my hair in cornrows (for low maintainance reasons) which keeps well for up to 3 weeks then i redo.

My regime will be:

1.Take conrows out every 2/3 weeks- Cleanse by:

2.  Co wash, clarify with Apple Cider Vinegar and water mix (No Poo decided today to give up).

3. Mineral Clay cleansing blend alternative to poo ( from Olayinkaorganics makes her own natural products).

4. Moisturise 3 x week with Olayinkaorganics Mango Love hair creame or Qhemet Biologics range (for thick textured hair) A dab of WGHO in between.

5. Spray  c.rows daily with Dove Leave in conditioner as keeps my hair and ends nice and soft without oily build up.

6. Increase water intake.

7. Multivitamin intake

8. Remain postive with a daily affirmation, say out loud " I love and embrace my hair "

ALL THE BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE DOING THE CHALLENGE X

-------------
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'

Posted By: Angel28
Date Posted: April 18 2006 at 1:10pm

Count me in, I'm sorry the crown and Glory method didn't work for you deexox, it did for me I've been braided since August 2005 my hair went from earlobe length with severe shedding on the side to thick base of neck length, I do my own braids cause I'm scared of braiders, some of them rip your hair out. Good luck with your new method. That's how it is if one thing doesn't work keep going until you find what works for youClap anyway here's my regimine:

1. Keep Hair braided for two months at a time before taking down and deep conditioning

2.Wash with tresemme anti-breakage shampoo once a week

3. Massage scalp for 3-5 minutes every night

4. One Centrum multi-vitamin a day

5. 6 glasses of water a day(I was trying for eight but I only weigh 100 pounds and eight make me wanna bust. So I do half my body weight in ounces 100lbs=50 oz or 6 glasses.

7. Moisturize braids once or twice a day with mixture of Infusium 23 and African pride braid spray.

8. Eat foods with essential fatty acids such as(the dreaded Confusedoatmeal and sardines) learning to love them.

I've been doing this since January but I need the challenge to keep me motivated, and having healthy shoulder length or armpit length hair is my Christmas wish for this year.

-------------
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination

Posted By: TwinkletOes23
Date Posted: April 18 2006 at 4:32pm

Im in my regimine

shampoo once a week (like every five days in the winter every 4 days in the summer) with vive

Conditoner - vive conditioner

deep conditioner - aussie deeep 3 min conditioner

styling - i let it air dry then flat iron it out

thats about it.

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:21am

Count me in too

i cowash 5 days a week and pre-poo/shampoo/deep condition twice a week

i'm natural so i just wash n go

Fave conditioners

Trader Joe's essential

Trader Joe's refresh

Saloncare Conditioner

Rich creamy conditioner base and hemp conditioner( http://www.wellnaturally.com - www.wellnaturally.com )

DDTA/DDWL

Alberto V05

Lush jungle conditioner bar

Fave shampoos

Lush hard water shampoo bar

liquid castile soap( http://www.thechemistrystore.com - www.thechemistrystore.com )

Trader joe's liquid castile soap (peppermint)

Saloncare Shampoos(sally's bss)

Grandpa's soap bars( http://www.myvitanet.com - www.myvitanet.com )

Neem shampoo and hemp shampoo( http://www.wellnaturally.com - www.wellnaturally.com )

Protein

Jherri rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner

Deep condish

Queen helene's super cholesterol treatment

Dominican c*cktail mix of miss keys 10 en 1, rivas silicon mix and emergencia

Leave-ins

911 emergency for dry/damaged hair

aussie hair insurance

homemade spritz- glycerin, water, honey, liquid aloe vera and lil eo

Surge 14 hair revitalizer

oils

castor, palm, coconut, sweet almond, rosemary, safflower, apricot kernel , corn and soybean

Also- i do oil scalp and hair nitely- apply a thin plastic bag and go to sleep.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Posted By: longnapps
Date Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:31pm

I will like to join, I am new here and this will be a great way to start my hair journey. I am transitioning and will like my natural hair to be shoulder length by the end of the year. Right now I have about 2 or 3 inches of new growth unstreched.

Vitamins: biotin 900 mcg (every other day) MSM 1500mg (every other day) Flaxseed oil (every other day)

Deep conditioner: 10 en 1 ( every week)

Clarifying shampoo: suave daily clarifying shampoo (once a month)

Daily shampoo: crème of nature (once a week)

CO: V05 strawberries and crème (every 3 days)

Conditioner: Aussie moist conditioner for dry hair

Moisturizer: profectiv 60 second strengthener

Posted By: Urbanplan
Date Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:47pm
I would like to join a challenge, too! I'm actually debating whether I should hack away the damaged relaxed hair I'm currently sporting. I would like to wear box braid extensions again for another 2 years. I may wear braids for a few months and then cut, though. I have only about an inch of new growth and I will have to subtract about 8 inches from any progress I make.

-------------
I'm in!

Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 5:13pm
I'm glad to see people joining.
BUMP!

-------------

Posted By: Luvlybelizean
Date Posted: April 22 2006 at 1:14pm

count me in, i started my regimen on April 17th. My regime is not finalized yet there's so much products out there, i want to keep it simple. my hair is in a weave but i will do the crown n glory tech. with singles and inter loc weave.

Hairlenght: 3" in the back, 6" in the front and, 1-2" in the center

Goal: neck to shoulder length

Regimen: plenty of condition, avoid too much build up from oils; co 3x/week with suave daily clarifying conditioner, deepco with garnier fructis 3-minute mask 1x/week, queen helene goodtogro oil, cantu,

MRS angel28, i could relate: so i will try 40oz of water a day...oh iwill also try to put on some lbs w/ with the challenge deadline: May 12-dec. 12 before my b-day febuary 13th.

I only weigh 100 pounds and eight make me wanna bust. So I do half my body weight in ounces 100lbs=50 oz or 6 glasses.

-------------
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven

Posted By: Natural Beauty
Date Posted: April 26 2006 at 2:06pm
Count me in too!!!

Posted By: mealncholymonie
Date Posted: May 06 2006 at 12:36am
May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...

Date Posted: May 06 2006 at 8:54am

i'm still doing the crownand glory regimen...its not really damaging my hair badly...its just the product buildup thats hair to get off my hair...i change my regimen (again...i know...the other one isn't for me..) Hopefully it will work.

• Shampoo hair with Cream of Nature Shampoo
  • Condition hair with carrot oil cholesteral
  • Apply cantu leave-in conditioner
  • Keep hair braided or in kinky twist for C&G

so far my hair has grown VERY nicley and it's so THICK and CURLY   I'm trying to stop using grease just to see how my hair will react. i've noticed that it's gotten very coarse (it was already thick...now it's REALLY thick) I think i may be at neck or shoulder length by december if all goes well. I have 1/4 of an inch in the front of my head, 1/2 of an inch at the crown area and finally 1 inch in the back

-------------

Date Posted: May 06 2006 at 6:04pm

Well mealncholymonie I've heard of wild growth some people say it works, maybe one of the experts will jump in and help you out, the ladies on here know their stuff,Tongue

anyway I pulled out three rows at the back of my head, to check in on whats happening, the sides are at shoulder when stretched but the middle Crystill has an inch to go it grows slower than the sides but its speeding up with scalp massages, anyway I trimmed the sides so now all around I only have 1.5 inches, (it could be less before shoulder length,) I was tempted to run to my hairdresser up the street to get a relaxer to see for sure but I haven't had a relaxer since January and don't want to until christmas anyway hoping to get to shoulder by July.Clap By the way has anyone tried mixing cayenne powder with olive oil for faster growth I've heard people are doing it and getting an inch a month.

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2006 at 2:01pm
I bought the Wild Growth Oil today. Hopefully it will do something. I just relaxed my hair with phyto 2 over the weekend after being natural for a year and a half and my ends are breaking like crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to stop the breakage?

Date Posted: May 08 2006 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by Natural Beauty Natural Beauty wrote:

I bought the Wild Growth Oil today. Hopefully it will do something. I just relaxed my hair with phyto 2 over the weekend after being natural for a year and a half and my ends are breaking like crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to stop the breakage?

cantu leave-in repair cream stopped my sister's hair from breaking off! You should also try some wild-growth or castor oil on your ends to keep them strong and moisturized

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:20pm
Thanks deexox!! Im going to buy the cantu tomorrow.

Date Posted: May 09 2006 at 11:21am

Originally posted by mealncholymonie mealncholymonie wrote:

May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...

Well, what can I say.. "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!!". I have been using it for about three months now, and it's the only way I can comb my hair without ripping it all out, and everyone has been saying how much my hair is growing. I use it both on wet amd dry hair and it makes my hair soooo soft! When I use  it on my wet hair over my leave-ins and moisturizers I notice I have more defined curls. When I use it on my edges and tie it down with a scarf it get them straight and they stay neat all day. I also used it while I was straightening my sisters hair and it turned out beautifully! Now I use it on all my clients! My only complaints is that the darn bottles is soo small!. I go throught it like water. Does anyone know if they have it in a bigger size?

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2006 at 6:59pm
Thanks for the advice ladies, I really needed it. I'm not sure how often to use the WGHO though, so please also enlighten me on this too! Thanks!

Date Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:02am
TWINKLETOES,

Be careful using the Aussie 3 minute miracle. It's high in silicones (that's what gives it that "liquid silk" feeling).

Overdoing things like that can dry your hair out. I would suggest to use it only once a month.

I have some and it made my hair feel like liquid silk. After my third time using it, I noticed that my ends were getting drier and drier. I figured out it was this product because after I washed my hair, it would nearly FLASH DRY and then it would feel like straw. I did some research and found out that silicone does that to hair.

So, it does make your hair feel good, at first. Be careful using it and don't over do it.

-------------

Date Posted: May 12 2006 at 3:51pm
hey everybody! how is ur hair doing? well i dont take my braids off till May 25. I alternate in regimens each week but the regimen that worked for my hair so far is

PrePoo w/ Wild growth hair oil

Shampoo and Deep Condition once a week

Co Wash Daily, add WGHO 2-3 times a week

Moisturize hair with either African Royal Spray, Water, or Infusium 23

tie hair in a bonnet each nite,

drink 6-8 glasses of water daily

daily scalp massage for 5-10 min.

Date Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:45am
Hey yall, I joined the Challenge on May 13th, a month and a day late, but I'm still pretty excited. I'm actually past my shoulders now (achieved around September 2005) and trying for the bra-strap. I just needed some support so I figured I'd join in on ya'lls group.
My regimine
Wash and condition once a week
Add WGHO every other day
Use Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 Daily
Use Pantene Pro-V Oil cream moisturizer Daily
Moisturize hair with Infusiom 23 (in the brown bottle)
Tie up hair in "growth cap" each night
Drink plenty of water

Does any one know what Pre-poo means?

Date Posted: May 14 2006 at 11:36am
Pre-Poo treatments are: puting oils on the hair BEFORE shampooing the hair. This can be left on over night or for 30 min to an hour before washing. Its supposed to hold moisture in the hair so when you shampoo the hair doesnt get dried out. I use wgho for my pre-poo treatments and also use wgho 2/3 times a week

Date Posted: May 14 2006 at 4:09pm
Thanks Ms Miami! I've been see'n pre-poo for the longest and was absolutly confused about it, so thanks for clearing that up. Is it okay to use the WG on ends daily, or is that too much?

Date Posted: May 15 2006 at 10:45am
How is everyone doing on the challene? I just wanted to say that i updated my fotki! It's a little late, I know, but I've been very busy. I will try to update again sometime this weekend but this was for the end of last month. Tell me what you think http://public.fotki.com/BeautyWitch/happy_new_hair!!!/apr2006/3rd_week/ - My Album!!!

-------------

Date Posted: May 15 2006 at 9:47pm
Wow, you do great twists Beauty Witch and cornrows, I'm so BAD at cornrows, I love the style in front and the twist for the rest.Good Job.

-------------

Date Posted: May 16 2006 at 7:02pm
Wow, you are amazing! I wish I knew how to twist, but sadly enough, I can't work with weave at school... they call me " The real dark white chocolate"... Lol

-------------
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted By: longnapps
Date Posted: May 21 2006 at 3:08pm
Your hair looks amazing beautywitch.  The challenge is going well for me I can tell my hair is gaining more length and is getting thicker.

-------------
transitioning
total length of new growth: 2 or 3 inches

Posted By: Sharon71
Date Posted: May 21 2006 at 3:49pm

I would like to commend you Beautwitch on your hair and how lovely it looks. The challenging is going well for me  also. I 've made a few adaptions to my regime since i posted and i'm still very excited to see the growth over the next couple of months Smile

-------------
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'

Posted By: brownie29
Date Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:40am
I will take the challenge. My hair is about 5in the top of my neck in a layered bob but thin i guess form weaves. My new regimen will be:

Sham- with Motions CPR  1x week
Con- with Motions CPR 1x week
Deep Con- Hair mayo 2x week
Leave-in - Infusium
Air dry - spray with Surge 14 when almost dry
Moisturize- with Tea tree with Shea butter especially the ends 2x day
Wrap my hair with a satin scarf every night

This is a new regimen hope it works!!!

Posted By: princess8907
Date Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:43am
I'd like to wish everyone good luck with this challenge.  No matter how discouraging it gets sometimes, keep trying!

-------------
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Posted By: chanelle#5
Date Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:13am
I know that I am a month and fifteen days late, but I would love to join this challenge. I have been going back and forth about joining, but I wanted to make sure I had a regimine that I liked before I started. Here is what I have come up with:
Pre Poo 1 x week with EVOO/WGHO/ETC
Poo 1 x week with Creme of Nature
Conditioner 2 x week with Mane and Tail adding EVOO
Deep Con 3 x week with ????????? (any suggestions)
Daily Leave In - Cantu Leave in Conditioner
Cut down on heat, Air Dry hair. Roller set nightly. Keep hair wet with Lottabody, diluted
Surge Plus 14 twice a day. Seal with WGO 3 X week
Moisturize daily with ORS Olive Oil or Hawaiian Silky
Moisturize ends with Elasta EQ Mango Butter or Cantu Leave in Conditioner, seal with Hot 6 Oil or WGO

So what do you ladies think? Too much? Please give any suggestions that you have on products. For instance, I am not sure of a Deep Con or a Daily Leave in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-------------
We can change our lives by changing our attitudes.

Date Posted: May 29 2006 at 7:50pm
Welcome to the challenge brownie29 and chanelle#5 , oh and chanelle, when I'm not in braids I do my deep conditions with eggs and a plastic cap, I'd do it like once a week cause I don't want to protein overload my hair, anyway that's what I do.(It's a little messy but I like natural stuff), then I do a little shampoo rinse and lots and lots of a wonderful smelling conditioner like white rain or Vo5 all over my hair, my hair comes out like silk.I also use my daily leave in like you're doing. Sorry I can't suggest any products I'm not really a product junkie I like to make stuff for my hair and my skin from my kitchen, for instance before I wash I spray a ginger solution I make, on my scalp to stimulate blood circulation to my hair follicles.

-------------

Date Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:28pm
angel28, do u think i'll be able to find 'white rain' in any drug stores or beauty supply stores?

Date Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:47am
You should be able to its a very popular brand, anyways I'm in Jamaica and its all over the place. Check Sally's that's where I buy my stuff when in the U.S. , Jamaica imports 'white rain' from Florida so you should be able to find it at most drugs or beauty supply stores. If you can't find it and you really want it you can always buy online.

-------------

Posted By: chanelle#5
Date Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:43pm
Thanks so much for the advise Angel. I have revised my regimine.

Pre Poo 1 x week with EVOO/WGHO/ETC
Poo 1 x week with Creme of Nature
Conditioner 2 x week with Mane and Tail adding EVOO
Deep Con 1 x week with ORS Replenishing PAK (any suggestions)
Daily Leave In - Infusim 23 or Dove Sheer Mist
Cut down on heat, Air Dry hair. Roller set nightly. Keep hair wet with Lottabody, diluted
Surge Plus 14 twice a day. Seal with WGO 3 X week
Moisturize daily with ORS Olive Oil or Hawaiian Silky
Moisturize ends with Elasta EQ Mango Butter , seal with Hot 6 Oil or WGO

So what do you ladies think? Too much? Please give any suggestions that you have on products. For instance, I am not sure of a Deep Con or a Daily Leave in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-------------
We can change our lives by changing our attitudes.

Date Posted: June 12 2006 at 8:43pm
Hey, every1, I'm just updating on how my hair is doing. well i can say that my hair did get healthier and grew an inch longer. i think the growth came 4rm the co-washes

Date Posted: June 13 2006 at 1:24am
Thank you ladies for the nice compliments. It's been a while since I've been up here. Welcome to the new ladies and wish you luck!! I blow dried my hair to put braids in and I must say I'm please with the length. I didn't measure though because I don't want to be dissapointed. I'm touching shoulder when stretched but I have about an inch of bad ends I need to get rid of. So, I'm not making it official until it's healthy and at shoulder length. I'm hoping around some time around September. Wish me luck!

-------------

Posted By: kathye
Date Posted: July 01 2006 at 2:41pm
Hey everyone I am definetly new but non- the- less I would still like to par-take in this challenge. I guess we're are running for the end of this year DEC 2006, that would be for a normal person around 2 1/2 inches. That's great, today is my B-day and I am up for a bit of a challenge. My hair type I guess is 4a/b and the length of my hair on average is about 3-4 inches. It's a bit uneven because I had to cut it due to a lot of breakage, and after doing so much research I have finally found out that black folks can have long healthy hair too.

My regimen:
*Wash hair with moisturizing shampoo every 3 days
*Deep condition with protein conditioner every 3 days (under hooddryer)
*Moisturize daily(everyday)
*Dont use grease (petrolium)
*Dont use any other heat appliance (only special occasions)
*Use wide tooth comb only
*Dont use brushes
*Wrap my hair in silk/satin scarf or sleep on silk/satin pillow case
*Never use gels with alcohol only protein gels
*Never use any products with alcohol as their first couple ingredients
*Message my scalp daily
*Stick to the same brand relaxer
*Use only one type of relaxer (lye, no-lye)
*Never again will I double-process my hair (permanent color, perm, relaxer, etc)
*Wait 7-9 weeks or longer before next relaxer

That's about it. I cut my hair April and since then my hair has grown about 1 1/2 inches. Exactly on point, that's why I got new hope for my hair. My methods are helpful to my hair type for anyone else it may be another method keep that in mind. But one thing that has definetly changed my hairs feeling is deep conditioning it. If there's one advise I must share with everyone it would be to deep condition.

Date Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:33pm
Welcome to the Challenge kathye your regimen looks good!
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

Date Posted: July 05 2006 at 4:30pm
you ladies all seem to be doing great i have to congratulate you all. i need some help setting up my album, is fotki, the best or what what else can i try? is it free?

lend a sista some helping hand. i need to post up some pictures of my extensions and the before picture of my hair.

-------------
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*

Posted By: chanellenumbah5
Date Posted: July 05 2006 at 5:18pm
Hey luvly! It is free. Go to www.fotki.com and register. Is't pretty easy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-------------

http://public.fotki.com/chanellenumbah5/

Posted By: MrsGrissom
Date Posted: July 12 2006 at 9:37pm

Hello everyone... I'm new to the site, and I came across this forum. I would like to join this cnallenge. My hair is about 1 inch from shoulder length, so I dont know if i should REALLY be here. I still need some hair growth tips though, so i figure this is as good a place as any to start.

Current Length: 1in from shoulder length

Current hair goal: Bra Strap Length

New Hair Regime (Since June 2006):

-Wash 2x/wk (once with Creme of Nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, once with just conditioner)
-Use MTG on scalp & hair every night
-NO HEAT (air dry or use bantu knots when needed)
-Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme on ends nightly
-Moisterize hair every morning and night
-spritz hair with water/hot 6 oil mixture when needed
-eat lots of fruits & veggies
-use wide tooth comb
-use natural boar bristle brush (i try to minimize use of brush)

note: I have not relaxed my hair since late april/early may. I am trying to streach to about 3mths before re-touching.
Anyone that has any tips for me, please let me know! I need all the help i can get!!! Thanks!!!

-------------
I know where I'm going... I might get a little lost on the way there... I might fall off course once in a while... but I know i'll find my way sooner or later.

Posted By: kellie7777
Date Posted: July 12 2006 at 10:11pm
Hey Everyone,

So glad to have found this site. my goodness. i want to take part in the challenge too. better late than never right.

i wash my hair 2x a wk. I have incorporated some stuff i found on this site too.

pre-poo with a new recipe i learned on this site EVOO+ conditioner
I just got some mane and tail products
So I Mane & Tail with Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner.
Then I use M&T detangler
M&T Hair Strengthener
M&T revitalizing Creme
WGO added to the roots.

Blow dry- but i air dried my hair ooh so soft.

once a month Fantasia IC Pure Tea 100% to clarify

I know i am using one product but i heard that this can sometimes be good. any suggestions?
oh by the way, sometimes when i don't have time i use Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo. it makes my hair feel so nice for the in betweens.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:10am
I'ld like to say WELCOME to :Kathye, Kellie7777 &  MrsGrissom, Good Luck!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 6:31pm
Thanks Beautywitch

I have been reading everthing. so I can to get my hair back in shape.

And i must say your hair is gorgeous, i checked out your pics.

-------------
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:10pm
welcome kellie,  your regime sounds very put together  its so hard to stay to one product because the many products out there.  im currently working on my fotki album make sure , if you can find the time, to use a home or online journal if you dont have one.

-------------

Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 12:19pm
How is the growing going ladies? I just wanted to update. I have only been on the HHJ for a little over 2 months now. I measured yesterday and I have 1" of new growth in the front, 2" in the top, and 1/2" in the back.    I'm so excited! I plan on stretching for at least another 3-4 weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: July 18 2006 at 11:52pm
Well http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=25126&FID=24 - Luvlybelizean , I tried to stick with one product line and see what works. Buy the smallest size and see how it works out is my motto. LOL!

Today though i decided to dumped the M&T Hair Oil Strengthener out of my regime after reading the ingredients.  Instead I mixed coconut Oil/rosewater/Water/Glycerin and Almond Oil together in the bottle, shake it real good and applied to my hair. Nice and soft.
Once my M&T is gone though I will look into other stuff. I read Cathy Howse book and she suggested changing shampoos ever so often. And from the posts I have seen on the site, it seems like many people already do that.
i was checking this website http://www.carolsdaughter.com - http://www.carolsdaughter.com . I used to buy products from here before they are really nice. I stopped because of the shipping to Canada is just outrageous.
Once my M&T are all gone I will shop here for a few things.

-------------
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Date Posted: July 22 2006 at 5:35pm
Ladies I think I'm there but I don't want to call it until I get another inch, I caved and had a relaxer today (wanted to wait for christmas) and a little trim, my hair looks great both my stylists couldn't believe it, they kept going on and on about how long my hair had grown. I'm so happy and I have a nice ponytail now, (jumps up and down) Crown and Glory rocks!

-------------

Date Posted: July 28 2006 at 5:25pm

Kellie i was planning on buying most of my products from M&T, after i take down my (C&G) braids whats the problem with the ingredients. i want to use the deep shampoo/co as my protien treatment, this shouldnt be a proble ...right. also i wanted to use the olive oil creme but only if it is not protien based.

As to the cathy howse book, i have yet to read it( just plain ole, broke right now ) i did read the commentary on her book, its a must read for me. i love reading b/c i learn so much by doing this.

are you familiar with Caroline gray,  OMG her hair is gorgeously looooong, and i believe her book helps with regimes and she also has a guideline for products   http://www.blackwomansguide.com/systmpl/helloandwelcome2/ - http://www.blackwomansguide.com/systmpl/helloandwelcome2/  

-------------

Date Posted: July 28 2006 at 5:31pm
Congrats on the new growth Angel baby and ms chanelle 
are you ladies braiding or weaving for growth. how ya doing this ? cuz it seems a couple of us are on the same page lenght wise, when my hair is comb straight back its the same lenght as Chanelle's  and Myself and Kellie are doing the crown and glory method.** dont worry im uploading pics to my fotki!!)

it is inspiring to know who exactly is ddoing something similar.

-------------

Date Posted: July 29 2006 at 1:03am
still working on it . I'm on day 8 of wearing cornrows. Trying to make it 21 days to 30 days.

-------------

Date Posted: July 31 2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Luvlybelizean Luvlybelizean wrote:

Congrats on the new growth Angel baby and ms chanelle 
are you ladies braiding or weaving for growth. how ya doing this ? cuz it seems a couple of us are on the same page lenght wise, when my hair is comb straight back its the same lenght as Chanelle's  and Myself and Kellie are doing the crown and glory method.** dont worry im uploading pics to my fotki!!)

it is inspiring to know who exactly is ddoing something similar.

Thanks girl, I am braidng and boy has it worked my hair has never been this long, I'm going to baby my hair, deep condition for a few weeks then its back to braids. I love this method. low to no manipulation is what keeps the hair on my head

-------------

Posted By: kriticalkare
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 9:33pm

Seven or eight years ago I wore box braids for a year (didn't know I was doing C&G) and boy was my hair strong and healthy and my hair grew to a length it had never been before, unfourtunately all I did was wash and rebraid, no conditioning, treatments, leave ins...

Since June 1 I have worn cornrows and box braids, but this time around I have been using M-T-G mixed with surge and castor oil. I also have been using WGO, tea tree oil in my poo's and conditioner and MN. Although I was never one to pamper my hair, it's been pretty healthy except for my bald temples (they never grow).  I am all natural and not sure what length to call my hair. I measured from the center of my hair line back to where my hair ends..probably not the right technique but it measures 17 inches. Is this neck length, brushing SL, SL?

Date Posted: August 04 2006 at 9:14am
Originally posted by kellie7777 kellie7777 wrote:

Thanks Beautywitch

I have been reading everthing. so I can to get my hair back in shape.

And i must say your hair is gorgeous, i checked out your pics.
Thank you! Yes there is a lot of helpful information here and you will have your hair in the healthiest state it can possible be in no time.

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2006 at 9:23am
Originally posted by kriticalkare kriticalkare wrote:

I measured from the center of my hair line back to where my hair ends..probably not the right technique but it measures 17 inches. Is this neck length, brushing SL, SL?

Well it's different for everyone, it all depends on how tall you are. Most people measure from the hairline (at your forehead) to the ends of the hair. That's how I do it and shoulder length for me is 18 inches. This post might be helpful... http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93028 - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93028  

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2006 at 1:25pm
Well...although I am not in the challenge I would say...if your hair is tightyly coiled or curly, then you measure your hair by pulling a strand straight. 

However, even though people use the method above, it doesn't make sense to me.  I would measure the longest section...so let's say it's your nape area that touches your shoulder I would say your hair is shoulder length. Just the same for BSL...if your longest layer touches your Bra Strap then I would say you are bra strap.  Just my thoughts...sorry to disturb the scene!

Happy Growing Ladies!!!

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: kriticalkare
Date Posted: August 05 2006 at 8:59pm
Thanks cmesweet,  I am growing out layers and my nape area is slightly below my shoulders and with that....on to APL 2007!!

Date Posted: August 08 2006 at 3:32pm
Thanks luvly, I have been braiding or weaving. Just co washes 5 x week, rollersets and bun. I've been having some breakage lately so I'm hoping I will still retain some of my length

-------------

Date Posted: August 10 2006 at 12:59pm
Chanelle your not alone w/ the damage:( how is MTG?

I took down my braids and noticed a small bald spot, i think this is the smoothest part of my kninky natural head LoL.

boy was i scared when i saw this i hope it grows back real soon eventhough its not that visible. i think its because i saw a little pepermint essence, not oil and i applied it to the side to feel that "tingilng" stuff . i just realized it was a concentrated portion it was not diluted with water or anything, it was way too strong but i felt the tingles. NO MORE PEPPERMINT ESSENCE ONLY OILS

Other than this my hair is very strong, when i did my last relaxer april06, i had lost the center hairs of my head, now that part is 2" of natural  growth. Another reason to go natural!

-------------

Date Posted: August 11 2006 at 7:25pm
http://talk.hairboutique.com/member_profile.asp?PF=24221&FID=24 - BeautyWitch that posting you provided there was hilarious, i was cracking up!

well i have been getting breakage too. i have been doing my regime. pre-pooing and deep treating etc.
i switch to CON shampoo and have been using cholestrol for deep treatments. i stopped the MT shampoo and cond for now. i am only using the MTG.
i have been doing the chinese bumps and i found that i my hair was still shedding ALOT!
What to do.....

what is a co-wash BTW?

-------------
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 2:17pm
Luvly, glad to hear about your new growth! Making me think about transitioning . I haven't used the MTG in a while. I've been having breakage for about a month now, (not due to the MTG) so I want to get that under control before I use it.

-------------

Posted By: kathye
Date Posted: August 21 2006 at 11:24am
chea!

Posted By: Champagne_Wishe
Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:29pm
I halfway made it to shoulder length hair.  I just need the front part of my hair to catch up.  Next stop bra-strap.    I just need to get my hair trimmed (dusted) more often.  Maybe I should try the moon phase hair cutting system.  Anyone?

Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 11:08pm

champagne wishes- i am down with the moon phase cutting system- i am planning on trimming in the fall.

-------------

Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 11:13pm
Nothing new to report in the growth department. Oh but i did start using henna. I got mine from lush and i am using caca marroon. I just did my 3rd application last nite. I love the color but am having trouble getting the roots to take color. I probably won't do it again for awhile but when i finish up this batch- i may try a neutral brand or a darker shade- for now i am happy with the color and love the way my hair feels.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:51am
thanks chanelle.
maybe you hair needs a little protein to help with the breakage, especially if it started after a relaxer/ or it is straight. if your hair has a curly pattern and its breaking maybe you need more moisture. HTH

-------------

Date Posted: September 04 2006 at 12:33am
Well i decided to braid my hair and see if this would help instead of using the chinese bumps. so i am washing everyweek with CON and spraying with infusium and african royale. i am following http://www.growafrohairlong.com - www.growafrohairlong.com suggestions all the way. the only issue i am having is itchy scalp.
Any suggestions on what i could do for the itch... there are no flakes and it is not dry at all. i don't really know why it is so itchy.. my goodness. HELP!

Date Posted: September 04 2006 at 6:57pm

Kellie, sometimes too much oil can make your scalp itch. Try looking into that.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: September 06 2006 at 9:23am
Thanks luvly. I think I tried to slow down on the moisture and use more protein that I forgot all about moisture. I've been doing less co-washes. Unfortunately its still breaking

-------------

Posted By: brownie29
Date Posted: September 06 2006 at 2:50pm
I have reached my goal of shoulder length hair  I think stretching relaxers is my key and moisturizing.  Next Apl is my goal and try to get thickness back.  Any suggestions?

Date Posted: September 14 2006 at 3:48pm
I have reached my goal of SL and now I'm on to APL. Good luck to you ladies and congrats to those who already made it. Wish me luck. I might be coming back on the challenge because I haven't decided if I should do another trim before the year is up.

-------------

Date Posted: September 15 2006 at 11:10am
My hair has finally stopped breaking and I have still been able to retain some length

-------------

Date Posted: September 15 2006 at 5:27pm
I finally feel comfortable saying I made it, now that I got that extra inch, Congrats to everyone!

-------------

Date Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:16pm
HeI EvEry1! How have u been keepin up with ya'll regimen. Well I need half an inch till i'm officially shoulder length. CONGRADS to all that have alreadi reached their goals!!! I wish u good luck on ur nex challenge!!

Date Posted: September 22 2006 at 5:29pm
i juss tooken out mi twist and i'm officially shoulder length (stretched). my next goal is shoulder length unstretched

Posted By: drbuttercup
Date Posted: September 27 2006 at 7:48pm
I'm new to this thing, so I'd like to first say hello! And I've got some exciting news and help for your hair! So, I've been researching lots of ways to make my hair grow faster, and I came across a magazine forum, saying that Kelp vitamins will help your hair reach its maximum growth rate.  One girl had said that she had been taking the vitamins for 2 weeks, and she had a half an inch growth...well...I'm proud to say that I too have been taking these supplements for 2 weeks, and my hair has also grown a half an inch!! My hair has deep waves when as my new growth pumps in, and when I began taking the vitamins, I had one wave of new growth which was a lil over a half an inch, and yesterday I put some gel on the front, and I have almost 3 waves now!!! Seriously this works..also, Kelp has great health benefits for your metabolism as a whole.  I'm 22 and my weight fluctuates alot because I'm in grad school and I'm stressed, and eat good and bad things constantly, but I've noticed that since I've been taking the kelp supplements, my weight is beginning to stabilize, and that's WITHOUT changing my bad habits....so imagine what would happen if I began to eat right and work out regularly? I'm not a sales person, or a secret promoter for any product (I'm always afraid that those types of people are on these forums to sell their product...egh!) I'm just desperate for length! My hair used to sit on my bra strap in high school, and its been cut so much by jealous stylists in school, that its a few inches past my shoulders now :( so any other tips you guys could have for me would be great1

P.S. What is this hair rating system about? 4b stuff? My hair is naturally wavy/curly, and its very soft, but my shafts are thick to give the appearance of humungous hair! (but i love it!)

P.S.S. I encourage you all to look into a product line called ECRU New York.  I have relaxed hair, and when I tell u this product line is like magic? My hair is so shiny you can practically see yourself in it! Its a tad expensive and ultra exclusive, but its a secret I just can't keep...so look it up online and see what u can find! The oil is awesome for those people who have hair like mine...dry at ends at times, but normal roots...its so light, and never weighs my hair down...which keeps me lookin like an indian baby! (so my friend says) lol

ok, this is too long..ttyl!

*Toodles*

-------------
ONLY PRETTY GIRLS WEAR 20 PEARLS...1908

Posted By: drbuttercup
Date Posted: September 27 2006 at 8:12pm
Also, does anybody also believe that you don't need trims every month or 3 months? I haven't had one sinch march, and yes its a tad uneven, but I've been taking really good care of my hair, so when I get my perm next month it should be really long, (thanx to my good ol kelp pills ;) ) and I don't need too much cut...I believe that if you keep the heat out, and heavily condition the ends, you really only need a trim 2 or 3 times a year.  Honestly..because why else would u need one except that the hair becomes a little uneven...remember people, hair stylists, especially black ones love to cut hair, because they do as much cutting as styling.  Our white counterparts usually only go into a salon for cuts and color, so their stylists are not as pressed to cut their hair, as ours are.  Think about it, if you went to hair school, wouldn't you like to cut someone's hair? didnt you try to cut ur dollies hair when u were little? So given the chance to cut their client's hair, is a bit of a joy, which it should be, but many stylists get a bit carried away, and end up slaughtering our length...which keeps our hair short.  When i was in high school, I got trims like every 3 or four months, and my hair was sooooo long.  Granite, I got my hair done every 2 weeks, because I had my mom's bank account readily available..lol

-------------
ONLY PRETTY GIRLS WEAR 20 PEARLS...1908

Date Posted: September 28 2006 at 1:07am
Originally posted by drbuttercup drbuttercup wrote:

Also, does anybody also believe that you don't need trims every month or 3 months? I haven't had one sinch march, and yes its a tad uneven, but I've been taking really good care of my hair, so when I get my perm next month it should be really long, (thanx to my good ol kelp pills ;) ) and I don't need too much cut...I believe that if you keep the heat out, and heavily condition the ends, you really only need a trim 2 or 3 times a year.  Honestly..because why else would u need one except that the hair becomes a little uneven...remember people, hair stylists, especially black ones love to cut hair, because they do as much cutting as styling.  Our white counterparts usually only go into a salon for cuts and color, so their stylists are not as pressed to cut their hair, as ours are.  Think about it, if you went to hair school, wouldn't you like to cut someone's hair? didnt you try to cut ur dollies hair when u were little? So given the chance to cut their client's hair, is a bit of a joy, which it should be, but many stylists get a bit carried away, and end up slaughtering our length...which keeps our hair short.  When i was in high school, I got trims like every 3 or four months, and my hair was sooooo long.  Granite, I got my hair done every 2 weeks, because I had my mom's bank account readily available..lol

I have gone as long as 6 months without trimming with no problem but most of the time i trim every 3-4 months like clockwork. I only go to a stylist for a trim and braids. I do my own color using henna at home.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window