Print Page | Close Window

Hair paranoia

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41438
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:38pm

Topic: Hair paranoia
Posted By: philosophy girl
Subject: Hair paranoia
Date Posted: March 20 2006 at 7:02pm

Anyone else suffering at the moment? 

It feels like my hair has just stopped growing, I know it hasn't and it does grow very slowly.  Getting so fed up of it being this length and don't want it to stay like this forever. I don't want to cut it but it's really hacking me off at the moment that it won't just hurry up and grow a couple more inches  (to the point where I started regretting the much needed microtrims I did earlier this month).  For some reason I also keep getting mental images of my mates deciding it would be funny to cut off my plait which make me realise how upset I would be to lose my length.

Considering getting a tattoo to distract me (o/h not keen though) and keep me away from the hair dye and scissors (and piercers!).

Have a strong feeling this is largely displacement stress as I have a huge deadline at work

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:30pm

Yeah... I am paranoid about whether scritching is damaging my scalp hair, about getting hair caught on things, etc.

I think everyone has a healthy amount of paranoia about hair as it's getting longer. And at certain times e.g. stressful times, we tend to amplify it.

Don't let these things bother you  Do you do any hobbies with your hands? Meditation? Do any jogging? How do you de-stress?

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:12am

My hair's not long enough to be paranoid about just yet....but give me time, I'm sure I'll be obsessing too

Btw....don't get a tattoo! Well, at least think long and hard about it.  I am going through the process of having mine removed right now and it's not fun

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:45am

Thanks Anias and Rini,

I have wanted a tattoo for about 15 years so have thought long and hard but probably won't do it as the idea upsets my o/h so much (he doesn't want me to be in pain).  Hope your removal works out!

My life is so boring at the moment as it's dominated by work (am studying for a PhD, teaching part time and also doing a postgrad teaching qualification as well as being a student rep! - cutting down next year) so hobbies have gone out of the window, but on the plus side my hands are usually busy holding a book or typing away on my laptop.  I'm going to start meditating again as I miss it (I decided i didn't have time to, d'oh!!!!).  Also begging the o/h to let me have a dog so I have to get out and take a break.

Thanks for the support!

-------------

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Posted By: MissMareeJane
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 7:28am
A new dog would be a much better distraction than a tattoo i think

-------------
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:12am
Try not to focus on mental images of anyone damaging your hair....people pick up on what you think easier than you realize, and focusing on such things is what leads to self-fulfilling prophecy (can't tell you how many times I worried about something bad happening, and by golly it happened exactly how I harped on picturing it...best not to imagine such things).

Yes, it sucks when it doesn't look like its growing.  At these times I wear it up and don't look at it or think about it for awhile.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: MsSerenity
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 9:10am
Every time I get that feeling, I pamper my hair, put it up asnd leave it alone. Has saved me from hair cuts, and an over active son. :)

-------------
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.

Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 9:58am

Thanks everyone,

Glad to know I'm not the only one  

I decided to measure my hair for the first time properly to focus on how long it is rather than how short!  Grand result is 89.5cms or 35 inches dry but with plait waves. (shorter than when I first posted due to trims to take out layers and  bit of damage from the bad old days of colouring and blowdrying)

I have never really been obbsessed with the length before but I started wearing my hair in a plait down my back rather than clipped up to try and minimse damage from hair toys.  Will start wearing it up again now to stop me looking at it too much.

(also will not post on here at 1 o'clock in the morning when i can't sleep!

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by <span =bold>philosophy girl</span> philosophy girl wrote:

Grand result is 89.5cms or 35 inches dry

Sounds really long!  Way excellent, PG 

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:52pm
Wow! That's some really long hair

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window