Print Page | Close Window

May I introduce myself?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41454
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:30am

Topic: May I introduce myself?
Posted By: Impaler Vlad
Subject: May I introduce myself?
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:25am
Hi everybody,
I guess you're all asking who is the medieval warlord wannabe that bumped into this forum out of the blue a week ago. Well, this is me:

I appologise for not introducing myself properly before, but I had some problems with this pic whose initial size was 32MB. I've been browsing this forum for the least 4-5 years, but I logged in only wheh I red on the 'Hair Policy' board a topic about 'long hair slowing the brain' - a typical north korean sample of communist lack of logic and intolerance, not to mention the low IQ of the so-called scientists.

Thanks A LOT, lady Anais Satin for your kind wellcome, and thanks to Miss Maree Jane for the crispy duck recipe.
For the rest, you can check my profile. I've forgotten to mention I'm a natural born conspiracy theorist - even did that for a living and liked it. I also LOVE horses - I'm a pretty good horserider and a helluva swordfighter. Guess U allredy figured out that 'I-Hate-Short-Hair' is my middle name...

Blessed be!   

-------------
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Replies:
Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:52am

Hi Vlad (if you'll allow me to be informal)

Welcome to the friendliest forum I've ever discovered.

I studied medieval warfare as part of my degree so if you ever want an o/t chat about swords, horses, Joinvill (or dysentry ) you know where to find me.  Plus I've always secretly fantasised about riding round on a horse weilding a sword.

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 9:09am
Originally posted by philosophy girl philosophy girl wrote:

Hi Vlad (if you'll allow me to be informal)

Welcome to the friendliest forum I've ever discovered.

I studied medieval warfare as part of my degree so if you ever want an o/t chat about swords, horses, Joinvill (or dysentry ) you know where to find me.  Plus I've always secretly fantasised about riding round on a horse weilding a sword.

Thank thee for thy welcome!
U can be as informal as U please - I don't mind. Might I say riding on a horse with a sword in your hand (used it instead of a horsewip - not the edge of the blade, of course!) compares to nothing? And yes, I'd LOVE to chat on this issues. I studied history as a hobby and it proved worth doing it. But dysentry sounds kinda freaky for a topic - I'd rather stick to other aspects of medieval history!

And yes, thou art right: this is indeed a friendly forum.

Blessed be

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 9:57am
Welcome O gentlemanly impaler! You have great hair.

-------------

Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 10:07am
Originally posted by SpecialKitty SpecialKitty wrote:

Welcome O gentlemanly impaler! You have great hair.

I thank thee, but it's not as great as it used to be! It was much thicker.

Blessed be

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 11:46am
May I extend the hand of welcome to thee, Vlad the Impaler! Your hair indeed looks spiffing and I must say I love the boots! 

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 12:31pm
Welcome to the board Vlad.

-------------

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 2:14pm
Welcome to Hairtalk. In agreeall with LF about the hair and the boots!

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:37pm

Greetings my liege,

The hair! The boots! That bad-ss guitar! Thanks for introducing yourself and it's nice to officially meet you.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:44pm

Welcome, fellow horselover...in case you didn't notice, I also have a great love for horses. Hhhmmmm...I don't know if I'd call myself an excellent rider, though, but that doesn't mean ya can't ride!

From one to another...

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:03am

Well met Sir Vlad

Nice to have another man around here and a conspiracy theorist eh? I LOVE a good conspiracy theory   Hmmmm........verrrry interesting......

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: samsara
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:23am

Well, what a stir you have caused. So much interest from fellow members, so
mysterious................................. so pleased to take the focus off my hair!

Welcome Vlad

Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 6:48am
Thank You All for the kind welcomes, Sweet Ladies!

May I say how glad I am to meet you? Wish I logged in before...
And thanks for the complimkents.
About my hair: currently looking just like in the picture, but what your ladyshps see are the mere vestiges of what it used to be... When I was 16, I've promissed to myself to keep it long untill the day I die. (Guess somebody should 'update' this emoticon to fit my profile).
The boots are modified by myself - I enhanced the heels because of a nasty plat feet. That's why I wore nothing but Texan boots for the last 25 years, at work or at the theatre, on the seaside or on a mountainhike, during the summer or the winter. Glad U like 'em!
But what I am extremely proud of is my bass guitar - it's not only custom made - I've made it myself!

Blessed be!

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 8:09am
Hi Vlad, good to meet ya!  You made a working bass yourself?  Wow!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

Hi Vlad, good to meet ya!  You made a working bass yourself?  Wow!

Swear by my sword I designed and did it myself! Also swear it sounds GREAT!

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 8:46am
Originally posted by horselover_1625 horselover_1625 wrote:

Welcome, fellow horselover...in case you didn't notice, I also have a great love for horses. Hhhmmmm...I don't know if I'd call myself an excellent rider, though, but that doesn't mean ya can't ride!

From one to another...

From a horselover to another:

Wish I was rich enough to play the count of Monte Cristo and give thee the REAL horse.
On the other hand, I hope the webmaster won't be mad at me fotr posting this picture. Because, as everyone can see, this beauty is hair-related, too!

-------------

Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 8:57pm

Wow, methinks thou hath great taste in horses!

That's awesome, you made that guitar...I also play a little myself.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 7:06am

Wow, methinks thou hath great taste in horses!

That's awesome, you made that guitar...I also play a little myself.

I trully thank thy ladyship but, unfortunatelly, good taste is never enough. Not on this planet, anyway...
BTW, what instrument is thy ladyship playing?

-------------

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:28am

Hello there Vlad! 

Awesome bass, I play bass too, but very little and very badly.  College leaves little practice time...I bought mine though.  What a multi-skilled man you are!

I'm not so up in the Medieval history, but where I live we have a lot of Roman (and onwards) artefacts, and a 2000 year old castle in the city centre.  I have no excuse really.

Anyway welcome aboard the board, great hair should be shared by all   

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Nastasska
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:39am
Hello Impaler Vlad or should I say Vlad Tepes are you a fan of our Vlad or read the Florescu/MacNally books

-------------
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:06am
Thank uou for the welcomes, Nastasska and Enfys!
Yes, indeed, I am a GREAT fan of Vlad the Impaler and yes, I red some stuff about this great and unhappy prince. BTW, in Romanian Tepes (the way they spell it sounds more like'Tzepesh') means 'Impaler'. So I guess I wasn't wrong after all... That's why I have taken this nickname: as a tribute to him. He could easily have a place on this board, because he had very long and strong dark hair, or at least on the 'Hair Policy' board, considering the fact medieval kings and regnant princes were chiefs of state. I'll browse the Net for his picture one of these days and then post it on this board, if the webmasters and moderators don't mind...
BTW no.2: I've seen a lot of Hollywood-made stuff about him and laughed untill I almost crushed my lungs, ribs and stomach... It wouldn't be the only case when script writers and other people involved in the film industry don't make their 'homework' well enough...

Blessed be

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 1:25pm

Hello, Vlad,

I play an acoustic guitar, sometimes classical...I picked it up from my brother and dad.

I don't have my very own horse where I live, but my uncle has one which my siblings and I share...my fav horse in the world! And my cousin has about 15 horses and one of them is mine.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:47pm
Welcome, Vlad - amazing that you made your own bass!  One of my friends plays bass...

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:19am
Thank U For the welcome, Dave! Being the moderator, U made it sound somehow official...

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:24am

Hello, Vlad,

I play an acoustic guitar, sometimes classical...I picked it up from my brother and dad.

I don't have my very own horse where I live, but my uncle has one which my siblings and I share...my fav horse in the world! And my cousin has about 15 horses and one of them is mine.

I'm really glad for U, little lady! Unfortunatelly, I do not have a horse of my own - just have to rely on richer friends for this passion o'mine. BTW, just in case someone might think I'm bragging when I speak about horses, I'll post a pic with me on horseback one of these days. Maybe even start a new topic, about the REAL Vlad the Impaler!

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 7:59pm
Yeah, well my relatives are pretty rich, so I guess I have to rely on richer friends, too!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Posted By: Nastasska
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:40pm

I have got several books about Vlad Dracula ,the documentary with Christopher Lee and I have even seen the Romanian film from the seventies about him,

It all started with Hammer Films

-------------
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones

Print Page | Close Window