Print Page | Close Window

My raw model and I

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41701
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:38am

Topic: My raw model and I
Posted By: Impaler Vlad
Subject: My raw model and I
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:21am
May I introduce you the REAL Vlad the Impaler? Belive it or not, his hair was no fake - they didn't have wigs in Eastern Europe in the 1400s. And he kept it long untill the day he died:

BTW, some of the things he did are hair related... He even punished a forced haircut in his well-known manner, and this is one of the reasons I like this prince so much.

As for me, I dare to post another pic o'mine, this time on horseback:

-------------
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Replies:
Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:48am
Wow, that's cool............the picture of you on horseback didn't show up, though...

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: dancingbarefoot
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 4:48pm
Cool painting and photo!

-------------

Posted By: Nastasska
Date Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:44pm
Thats it I think there is only one known contempory portrait of him,have you seen any of the woodcuts

-------------
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 3:55am
Couldn't see the horseback pic either.

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:45am
I am SO sorry! But it happened to me, too, in several ocasions! BTW, on my computer I can see the pic when I open this page... I'll try to post it again (hope this time it works).

-------------

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 10:21am
Might just be my computer......it still didn't show up!!! Sorry!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 11:26am
I still can't see it

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 6:41pm
  Got to have stylish hair when impaling.

Actually I once read a biography of the man and as harsh as his rule was (often this impression comes from those who were on the business-end of his  enforcement of the rules), he was hailed as a hero by his own people for defending them from the Turks.  And it was the Turks where he learned many of he tortures he used.

-------------

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front

Posted By: dancingbarefoot
Date Posted: March 28 2006 at 11:48pm
I've been able to see it in both posts. Beautiful horse!

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2006 at 7:54am
I'm so sorry you cannot see the pics, Miss Rini, horselover & philosophy girl! Just dunno what else I can do...

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2006 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

Got to have stylish hair when impaling.

Actually I once read a biography of the man and as harsh as his rule
was (often this impression comes from those who were on the
business-end of his  enforcement of the rules), he was hailed as a
hero by his own people for defending them from the Turks.  And it
was the Turks where he learned many of he tortures he used.

Obviously, thy ladyship hast a GREAT sense of humour! And yes indeed, the Turks made him so angry, full of hatred and homophobic. As a child and teenager, he was a hostage in Adrianopolis, in those days, the capital of the Ottoman Empire. It is said he witnessed his younger brother becoming the 'girlfriend' of Mohammed the Second (at that time, the heir to the Ottoman throne). The experience was extremely traumatic for the young prince and later, when he regained his throne, he 'paid' the Turks in the same way. He also added what he considered to be the 'due interest'... Later, he used impalement (plus some pillage and plunder)to avenge a forced haircut - this time, the victim was the girl he loved.

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:13am
I can't see you on the horse either, must be because I have Mozilla. 

Vlad, since you like Impaler Vlad, have you ever read Brian Lumley's Necroscope series?  You might like it (if you like Vlad partly because of the connection between Vlad and Dracula).  Its definitely dark, but its the best vampire series I ever read, touches on Vlad the Impaler a little (and since its fiction, no doubt decorates a few things).

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

I can't see you on the horse either, must be because I have Mozilla. 

Vlad, since you like Impaler Vlad, have you ever read Brian Lumley's
Necroscope series?  You might like it (if you like Vlad partly
because of the connection between Vlad and Dracula).  Its
definitely dark, but its the best vampire series I ever read, touches
on Vlad the Impaler a little (and since its fiction, no doubt decorates
a few things).

1. It didn't occur to me the browser might be the problem. I am currently using Opera 7-point-something...

2. I haven't read the Necroscope series. Everything I red about Vlad the Impaler was purely historical (history being one of my favourite hobbies). No offense intended, but this vampiric stuff makes me laugh. Besides, the historical character is SO fascinating... Anyway, I thank thy ladyship for thy question.
Blessed be,

-------------

Posted By: ataraxy
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:39am
interesting history lesson, and the 2 of you look alike 

the 2nd pic doesn't work for me in Firefox or IE.. fix it fix it! lol

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2006 at 6:49am
Originally posted by ataraxy ataraxy wrote:

interesting history lesson, and the 2 of you look alike 

Call me egocentric, but I am going to take it as a compliment! BTW, before growing a beard, many people told me I was a 'Vlad the Impaler lookalike'. I don't have that aquiline nose, though (fortunately!).

Blessed be,

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Impaler Vlad Impaler Vlad wrote:

He even punished a forced haircut in his well-known manner, and this is one of the reasons I like this prince so much.

Hmm, presumably what you like was his imposition of will over the other, moreso than that you enjoy forced haircutting.

As for me, I dare to post another pic o'mine, this time on horseback:

The image location is defined as:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/uploads/ImpalerVlad/200 6-03-27_091434_M.Marquis_of_Arrant.jpg

Basically, it doesn't display because it doesn't exist (hasn't actually been uploaded) at the HB, not because of the browser.

Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 6:00am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hmm, presumably what you like was his imposition of will over the other, moreso than that you enjoy forced haircutting.
Basically, it doesn't display because it doesn't exist (hasn't actually been uploaded) at the HB, not because of the browser.

1.I HATE short hair and forced haircuts since I was 3 years old. Everytime I see or hear about such an abomination, I instantly go berserk! May I remind U my very first post was on the 'Hair Politics' board, and it was about those evil & stupid north-korean leaders who issued a law to impose short hair. And U got it all wrong: in his case - like in mine - it was not about 'imposing his will on others', it was about punishing evildoers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunatelly I don't have the means to impale Kim Jong Il!
2. Then WHY does it show on my computer? And why Dancingbarefoot saw it? Besides, it happened to me before on this forum - with other pics from another posts. So 'there must be something rotten in the state of Denmark'...

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:25pm

1.I HATE short hair and forced haircuts since I was 3 years old. Everytime I see or hear about such an abomination, I instantly go berserk! May I remind U my very first post was on the 'Hair Politics' board, and it was about those evil & stupid north-korean leaders who issued a law to impose short hair. And U got it all wrong: in his case - like in mine - it was not about 'imposing his will on others', it was about punishing evildoers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunatelly I don't have the means to impale Kim Jong Il!
2. Then WHY does it show on my computer? And why Dancingbarefoot saw it? Besides, it happened to me before on this forum - with other pics from another posts. So 'there must be something rotten in the state of Denmark'...

Thank you for clarifying your position on the punishment issue.  It was not previously clear to me.  Perhaps I was having a dense moment.

If you uploaded it as an avatar and then upload a different avatar, the original is presumably lost (and the HB url at which it once existed is no longer valid).  I am not aware that the HB hosts signature pictures; if you want, send me a PM with the original file location; once verified, I can update your profile to show it as your signature picture.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window