Print Page | Close Window

Great Hair Days

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41804
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:22am

Topic: Great Hair Days
Posted By: Katja
Subject: Great Hair Days
Date Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:46pm

I was thinking- we're always posting about our hair's problems on this board.  We always seem to be frustrated with its condition or its lack of growth or trims gone wrong or something like that.  And while I have no problem posting messages like that as it's a great way to find the solution you're looking for (lord knows I've posted my fair share ), I think we should also have threads once in a while that show the positive aspects of our hair.  I mean, aside from progress pics, we hardly ever have threads where we simply express appreciation for our hair.  I think it's about time we started such a thread, eh?

So this may sound a bit stupid, but...

...today around noon I realized I was having a really good hair day.  My hair probably didn't look especially great since it dried in a loose bun last night while I slept, but it felt great.  It was soft and shiny, not frizzy or tangled.  And long.  For the first time in a while I could feel how long my hair is getting- the back is only 2 or 3 inches away from the waistband of my jeans!  It's becoming sort of a cloak, spilling over my shoulders and spreading out down to my elbows... which is a really neat feeling.  And while I still found a few split ends and a tiny bit of breakage, I didn't care because I knew I could trim it later.  Overall, I was satisfied with my hair, which is a rare occurence for me {especially when I leave it down for the day}. 

So I was wondering... what constitutes a great hair day for you??

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:14pm

Hmm...good question....

A great hair day would be when my hair looks full (but not big), frizz-free, shiny, with nice defined waves/spirals.

Don't think I"ve had a day like that in while though

But on the topic of "feeling long" (and I know I am not even close to being in your league! hehe), the other day after my shower I was walking around without my top on and I could feel my hair tickling my back (between my shoulder blades) and it felt sooooo NICE!   I am so looking forward to feeling it tickle my waist

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 29 2006 at 11:32pm
I think having long hair makes you somehow feel more confident, if you know what I mean. My hair normally has good days, but there are times when I wish I could yank it out! Terrible, I know, but what else do you do??!! Anyways, a good hair day would be frizz-free and everything else good you could wish for!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 6:12am

I have good hair days when I realise how unusual it is to have long hair, how individual it is and how adaptable.  I went to a conference yesterday and there were three of us there with long hair (all about the same length), one had a french roll held with a silver barette, one was wearing it down and straight and mine was in a plaited bun decorated with glass pins (I will stop being quite so chuffed with this new do at some point - honest!).

All the other women there had shoulder length, bobbed or shorter and we really stood out.  Noone there would realise my hair took about 5 minutes to do.

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Posted By: Impaler Vlad
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 6:35am
Having a good hair day is feeling the wind in my hair when I'm riding.

-------------
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 7:40am
Good thread!  I'm having a good hair day today, it took me 60 seconds to put my hair up in a french twist, and it came out looking just perfect!  That NEVER happens!  It usually takes me about 10 minutes to do one, (counting all the poking various places to try to get it to not poke up too big on top, or uneven, taking it down and doing it a second time, etc.)  There are plenty of hairstyles I can do in 60 seconds or less that would look fine too, but somehow I always try for the frustrating and complicated in the mornings when I'm already late, and it rarely makes me feel like I'm having a good hair day.

Oh, and one of my coworkers came in one morning this week when I was wearing it down and said "It looks LONG today, how did that happen?  You usually wear it up, that must be it". That's the first person that noticed it was growing!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:44am
My good hair days come when my hair is freshly washed and dry, I'm wearing it loose and I've got a shortish top on so I can feel it brushing my elbows and tickling the back of my jeans. I love it when that happens but unfortunately that's less common these days as length increases. Special occasions only!

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:26am
About a week or two ago I posted a good hair day thread - that day my hair was soft, full of body, shiny, with lots of spiral curls. It was super bouncy and looked great too. Other good hair days are when my waves are defined but not too curly, and my ends look full and healthy. Thanks, Katja for keeping us focused on the positive

-------------

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 3:28am

I'm Happy we are being positive here!

I'm in the medium hair catagory. However, I too love freshly washed hair. I love my soft, shiny, rich (Natural auburn hair color). My hair is Naturally straight, slight wave, very slight, which is nice, I must admit.;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: MissMareeJane
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 8:55am
I feel that my good hair days are becoming more and more frequent as
my hair gets longer! (For me anyway) it seems that the longer it gets the
easier it tends to be to make my hair look nice. You know that really
annoying time when you hair is just below shoulder length and it kind of
has no where to "sit" it flips over your back and doesn't have the weight
to "hang nicely" (does anyone here know what I mean...or am I just
rambling??) Well anyway I think I'm finally past that! In other words...i
think it's getting long! I'm excited because it's the beginning of spring
here (in North America) and that means summer is coming! a great time
for hair growth. Also, since I'll be busy doing other things like playing
outside, going to concerts, the beach, and ultimatly worring less about
my hair and more about having fun in the sun. I'm sure it will seem to
grow faster if I'm not so preoccupied. I'm hoping by my birthday (Jul 20) it
will be at BSL!

-------------
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 9:10am
MissMareeJane, I know exactly what you mean! My hair is right now at that awkward stage with no weight and it bends in weird places. I'm glad you're past that stage now. Yay, I have something to look forward to in the realm of good hair days

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 5:59pm
A good hair day for me is the day after I've washed, so it isn't frizzy (and is still well moisturized, so it isn't crispy dry yet), feels soft and smooth, and is less prone to tangling (and what tangles there are can be readily worked out).

Great topic idea, Katja.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window