Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41877
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 2:56pm

Topic: Sulfur8
Posted By: jrdatrackstar
Subject: Sulfur8
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 4:35pm
aight i just copped this sulfur8 yellow container....i rub it on my line and it feels tingly....is this stuff supposed to work as good as Doo Gro or better because it doesn't even say anything about hair growth.  I asked my friend about what he heard you should use for hair growth and he said all the old school people gonna say sulfur8 so i'm prayin i can get some of my front top line back...tired of this rainbow.  and am i puttin it on right?

-------------
The World Is Yours

Replies:
Posted By: swissta
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 5:21pm
i got some 2day. can any sulfur8 users holla @ this thread.

-------------
[IMG]http://i10.tinypic.com/2rw6ddu.jpg" />
Answer 2 Wave Problems . . . Simply Just Brush More Dammit!

Posted By: chillin22
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 6:01pm

i think ur puttin it on right jrd. just experiment and see.

-------------
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:21pm

do you have a picture of what it looks like I read this on 360waves but I cant find the thread. Let me know if it works

Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:55pm

http://www.merchantamerica.com/care-gear/index.php?ba=add_to_cart%0F%22uct_id=4664">

http://www.merchantamerica.com/care-gear/index.php?ba=add_to_cart%0F%22uct_id=4664 -  

-------------
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Posted By: Hurricanewaves
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:53pm
when i stayed with my cuzs for a while, all they ever used was sulfur 8. i dont really like the smell tho. my cuz has really nappy nigga hair. then he keeps on usin this and his hair starts to get straight, im like what the hell. and yea its supposed to help with growth.

Posted By: thenumber1lon
Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 8:29am
maybe its whack, i dont know but i wouldnt use it because of the name sulfur 8

Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 4:10pm
Well I just copped also and it is tingly but I dont want it to make my hair straight. I'm just applying it where I want my hair to grow back. If I'm doing it wrong someone let me know.

Posted By: seanjuan84
Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 4:23pm
I used it but b4 the wave game on my fro and braids....I dont know how good it is for waves but it stinks!  It smells so strong that it went through my durag and on my pillow and I had to smell it all night until I washed my sheets and my durag.  I thought the label said it's anti-dandruff grease but if it's good for waves, yall let me know how it turns out...

Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 4:31pm
I helps bring out my waves actually.....it was weird it brought waves i couldn't see on my sides and i was actually spinnin not like 360 vet status but somethin close....anyway the smell don't bother me at all i like those minty smell things.  Did it help ur hair grow?

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 10:03pm
how long have you been using it?

Date Posted: April 01 2006 at 10:39pm
i bought it yesterday

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 8:06pm
i've been using this stuff for 2 weeks and none of my line has grown back...do yall think I should just take hair vitamins or somethin cuz my head is look humongous and I gotta wear hats or a durag everywhere

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 8:16pm
^ thats ur problem.....wearin durags all the time isn't good for ur hair. u can wear it during the day....but give some time for ya hair to breathe...also wearin hats, durags/wavecaps too tite will result in hairloss along the line area...so wear it loosely. the sulfur8 does work, its helped some wavers an this board so it will help u..jus give it time.

-------------

Posted By: ButchBoi05
Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by jrdatrackstar jrdatrackstar wrote:

i've been using this stuff for 2 weeks and none of my line has grown back...do yall think I should just take hair vitamins or somethin cuz my head is look humongous and I gotta wear hats or a durag everywhere
You can try vitamins but two weeks isnt long enough you need to be patient...also your problem might be hereditary if so it doesnt matter what you use thats just how your hairline is going to be.

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by ButchBoi05 ButchBoi05 wrote:

Originally posted by jrdatrackstar jrdatrackstar wrote:

You can try vitamins but two weeks isnt long enough you need to be patient...also your problem might be hereditary if so it doesnt matter what you use thats just how your hairline is going to be.

That's not true, look at Jamie Foxx. You can get hair implants I checked the price and it costs $300-450. And how much do those hair vitamins run?

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:20pm
Im not sure how much vitamin E run but its not too costly...Of course implants are an option but I mean come on... 

-------------

Date Posted: April 11 2006 at 9:57am

^ The only time I wear doo rags is to bed and I hardly ever wear a hat cuz I heard that your hair needs to breathe too so i'm tryin to let it get air I've actually been considerin hair implants and I didn't know they were that cheap but the thing is that that hair won't grow....cuz have you noticed that Jamie Foxx's hair has to stay a certain length?  Plus I heard it can be painful but I'm willin to put up wit it.  Hair vitamins run for like 18 bucks i think but the mega vitamins that they say you "have" to take with it  is like 20 some plus tax so it comes to like 45 bucks.  I was takin them but I decided that maybe I should stop tryin to play God and try to let it grow and it hasn't been so....  i'm at the the point to where I don't care anymore if my head is big it's just big.  And I asked my mom if it's hereditary for me and she said it is, but that it would be my brother who would get it because he is a lot hairy than I am (ie hair on the knuckles..hair on back and more on his legs where as ppl always ask me if i shave mine when i just don't have much hair on my body at all) and that he has the pattern for male baldness but he's only 17 so it hasn't kicked in yet...I was also thinkin bout tryin this stuff called Equate from Walmart...my boy told me about it and that the difference it and Doo Gro and stuff is that it contains Minoxidil and he visited his dermatologist and they told him that's what he need to spary or run on the spot he wanted to grow

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 11 2006 at 7:03pm

its up to you, but i wouldnt go as far as gettin hair implants my dude. Just stick to what you have got man. Have you tried growing your hair out for 2months without no cut/shape up. Try that and use doo groo or sulfur8 or wateva. see what happens. If that doesnt work just be happy wiv what u got. Its better than you having a bold patch in the centre of your head or going bold completly fam.

Am sure quite a few artist or wateva have receeding hairlines so u will b kool...ma bad 4 the essay.

-------------

Date Posted: April 11 2006 at 10:18pm
But that's what I'm sayin it looks like a bald patch tho...and my forehead is already super big and my cheek bones are really big to so it makes my head look like a balloon but i guess it's w/e thanks yall (and i ended buyin ultra nourishhair from gnc)

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 4:34am
ah i see. Well i hope that product works well for you my dude

-------------

Posted By: smithH
Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 12:09pm
I have been using sulfur8 for a little while now, it works for me. I have just been using it on my edges and have noticed new growth and I too wear a doorag loosely at nighr time. Since it works for me once a week I part my hair in sections and put it on my scalp only, since it is a little heavy. My hair is growing thicker, and my hair is already straight.

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 3:17pm
now dats wat am talking about man. Success stories with that sulfur8 product.

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 11:33pm
swissta have u had any success stories with the sulfur8?  i just started takin the vitamins yesterday and I trimmed around my line but not any hairs so that it will open up the pores around where my line use to be (cuz hair hasn't grown there) and rubbed sulfur8 and dr miracle's gro oil on it and i hope that works but i doubt it

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:10am
yes it worked for me. I began to see baby hair growing on my edges and all sorts..but i did get a cut so i have to start applying the sulfur8 again..THIS time i will try not 2 get a cut or shape up for at least a month..But it does work man. Trustt me on that. Stay on ur grind

-------------

Posted By: cornbread329
Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:01pm
I actually used to use it wen i had braids, but that stuff stink, so i didnt use it long enough to watch the results

Posted By: rocawaves23
Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 8:44pm
Where did you guys find this generic product?

Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 9:37pm
You can get sulfur 8 at most beauty supplies and drug stores...pretty popular product

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:53pm
Yep it is, I have heard a lot of people from the old school also use and have used sulfur8 for their hair and for hair growth. I still use it everyday and notice better hair growth every week, especially around the edges and temples. I just try not to use too much on my hair only on scalp because it is thicker and because of my grade of hair, it's kinda straight.

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:39pm
how often do u apply the product on your scalp Gee?

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2006 at 8:17pm
I apply it on my temples twice a day, in the morning and at night when i put my do rag on, and once a week I part my hair into sections and apply on the scalp.

Posted By: Boy Wonda
Date Posted: April 25 2006 at 1:16am
calm down wit applyin it cuz of build up

-------------

Date Posted: April 25 2006 at 9:07am
well that sh*t never worked or me, maybe it was an allusion, I been usin doo-gro and sulfur8 and damned my hairline just somehow over the years receded. I don't think I can fix it.

Date Posted: April 25 2006 at 4:21pm

It might just be a heritage thing then. How long u been using the groo products

-------------

Date Posted: April 25 2006 at 4:43pm
I went baldie about a month ago and been usin everyday. I haven't used it in the last week I just been usin sulfur8 ill see. its like I have the box format but there's just the edges are receding nasty at that

Date Posted: April 25 2006 at 9:52pm
im hearin of alot of products dat i havent even heard of

-------------

Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:05pm
Yea I am careful so I won't have too much build up, I also try and wash my hair regularly too. I wash my hair about every other day.

Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:26pm
well smith..has the product brought back babyhair or what on your temples. Holla

-------------

Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 10:07pm
sulfur8 i prolly seen it but payed no attention to it

-------------

Posted By: NDGthaDon
Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 11:09pm
ive seen it but ive never bought it.

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 6:51pm
hell no i wont buy it

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 11:01pm

im wit u cuz it looks bootleg.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 12:01am
^lol samething i was thinkin shawty

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 10:54am
If you dont need it then dont buy it but sufur8 been arund forever and its a pretty good product if you NEED it but if you dont need help with growing your hair or you dont have a dandruff or a dry itcy scalp dont get it.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 1:22pm
aiyo..ButchBoi is on point with that. Sulfur8 did help me grow some hair on my temple cos 1 stapid barber "accidently" pushed some hair on my right side back.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 8:19pm
o so dats wat sulfur8 is for thanx for tellin me its good too.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 10:38pm
I just bought this stuff called Equate (it's the Wal-Mart version of Rogaine) Extra Strength with 5% Minoxidil and i'm hopin it will work cuz hasn't fo rme.....I've been usin the Minoxidil and takin the vitamin pills for almost a month now and still no hair

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:23pm
dont worry i had to fade my hair for mine to grow back

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 12:39am
my hair grows back in like 8 days so if a barber pushes my line back im all on him that woatee next time.not my actual hair but my hairline they push back.

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 2:48pm
How long did it take for yalls' lines to grow back?  I think I might just have to give up the wave game and grow my hair long so i can comb over it...could I still have waves like that?

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 9:32pm
take me bout 3 weeks for my hair to fully grow back in

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 10:43pm
yeah me too around 3-4 weeks.

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2006 at 11:46pm
it's been that long and it hasn't grown back.....and on my sides where my line used to grow it's just dark,and at my top corners they're just random rainbow bald spots

-------------
The World Is Yours

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 12:12am
im talkin about my whole head not my hairline.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 1:43pm
if ur havin a problem abaat hairline or wat not try growing it for a month or 2 without no shape ups or trims. Guess that is the only way.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 4:29pm
i agree wit swissta

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 4:34pm

Originally posted by swissta swissta wrote:

if ur havin a problem abaat hairline or wat not try growing it for a month or 2 without no shape ups or trims. Guess that is the only way.

that's really all u can do...other than that be happy wit what u have...

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2006 at 10:37pm
ya tru

-------------

Print Page | Close Window