Print Page | Close Window

YAY!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42179
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:34am

Topic: YAY!
Posted By: philosophy girl
Subject: YAY!
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 2:02pm

I was feeling curious today and left my hair to dry without plaiting it but combing occaisionally to keep out the ringlets.  It's back to tailbone length!!!!!!  With the number of trims and serious s+d sessions I've been doing I thought it would be a lot shorter (waist?).

I guess that proves I probably don't pay proper attention to it, but mainly I wash with my head over the shower so that doesn't give any indication of how long it is and then it goes straight into a plait and then an updo.  Conclusive proof that if you ignore your hair then it grows  

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 2:27pm
YAY!   Benign neglect works wonders!

Would sure love to see a photo of those tailbone-length ringlets (no pressure).  

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 2:34pm

Can I use the fact that if I leave it curly it's not tailbone length as an excuse?

More than a bit camera phobic!

-------------

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 8:13pm

Hey, that's perfectly fine! If my hair is wet, like right after I wash it, it is a few inches below my rear end, but if it's dry, it's also wavy, so it's then only right below my rear, or just there, so yea, I think you can say that!

Hey, any photos are welcome!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 9:23pm
*jealous*

*goes back to studying for 5 final exams in the next two weeks*

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 9:34pm

Phil. Girl, so cool to hear your news. Ah, tailbone. I too am jealous. Gives me hope though.....

Holly, good luck on your exams.

-------------

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 11:50pm

Yay for you Philosophy Girl!!!

I am using the "benign neglect" method too :)

I too am hanging out to see pics

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:17am

Good luck in the exams Holly!

(just tried taking a pic of chinese bun I just put in, didn't work , would ask o/h but he already thinks I'm a bit mental )

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by philosophy girl philosophy girl wrote:

Can I use the fact that if I leave it curly it's not tailbone length as an excuse?

More than a bit camera phobic!

Nope, no good an an excuse.  We still want to see.  That said, your request for an excuse or justification is not necessary.  Post a pic only if you feel comfortable doing so.

I would like to post a new pic, but those that I took last autumn were lost before they were extracted from the camera's memory card.   Maybe an older one would suffice?

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2006 at 8:05pm
Hey, yea I didn't realize at the time what I was saying....dave is right;you cannot use that as an excuse!  Pics, please!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:16am

Ok next excuse then - I lost my digital camera..................

(honest )

The minute I over come my camera phobia I'll post one but hey, I quite like the fact that you all porbably imagine my hair looking far nicer than it does .  Oh and it's shrunk again! Another of the joys of curl hair.

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 12:19pm
Congratulations, Philosophy Girl

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:52pm
I'm afraid you misunderstood me Rani... Nobody needs to justify their decision to not post a photo here.  I don't want anybody to feel pressured to post a photo.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear before.

Sarah-Jane's hair shrunk a lot when she stopped straightening and let her natural curl happen.  So we understand about the magically shrinking length from curls.  Lovebug's pics show this phenomenon well.

Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 7:48am

Don't worry I don't feel pressurised!

It seems to change length daily despite always being braided when wet to reduce the curls (as they are just too much work with my double crown making tangling so much easier).  A bit frustrating when you want to find out how long it actually is!

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

I'm afraid you misunderstood me Rani... Nobody needs to justify their decision to not post a photo here.  I don't want anybody to feel pressured to post a photo.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear before.

That's okay.....my mistake. I'm sure not trying to pressure her into putting any pics on here, tho'.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 5:57pm
Group hug!

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 6:07pm
Hey, I'm all for that, philosophy girl!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Print Page | Close Window