Print Page | Close Window

First Ever Mayo Treatment

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42371
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:40am

Topic: First Ever Mayo Treatment
Posted By: philosophy girl
Subject: First Ever Mayo Treatment
Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 5:36am

Currently underway, wish me luck!

Will let you all know how it goes, off to the lake district tommorrow and was kind of hoping for weather nice enough to wear my hair down for at least a bit and play the romantic heroinne prancing round the mountains and lakesides

(Is there any difference between using low fat and full fat?  We only had low fat in the house)

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 5:59am
Ooooh.....I hope you prance anyway!!!! Sounds like fun

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 12:27pm
Hmmm. Maybe using low fat will mean your hair won't need to excercise as much

Hope it goes well-have you been practising your prancing?

ps. rini -I LOVE your new siggy.

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 3:47pm

I think my hair needs to put on some weight if anything, maybe I should stick to low fat for me (where the opposite is true) and full fat for hair.

As for results I'll certainly be trying it again, not sure any noticeable improvement on oiling but washes out more easily!  Hair seems to have dried more quickly and is a little frizzier than normal but still shiny and looks a little thicker.        &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;     

-------------

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: April 16 2006 at 5:22am
Thanks ladyfrog!!

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 16 2006 at 3:29pm
Hey PG,

I've heard that higher fat mayo works better (since it's primarily the fat that provides the "benefit" for the hair).  I've never tried mayo on my hair, though.  Let us know if you try the high-fat mayo and your results.

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: April 17 2006 at 12:26pm
Hey PhilGirl, how did the prancing go? I'll bet you were every bit the long-haired maiden in the countryside!

-------------

Date Posted: April 17 2006 at 3:09pm

Decided not to go as it was Easter sunday (d'oh!), going another day when it won't be heaving with tourists! So, no prancing yet (still a bit windy too).  Had to laugh today when I needed to redo my braided bun at the football(/soccer) today and sudenly realised all my mates were looking at me with mouths wide open!  I forgot they've never seen my hair down, but who knew someone doing a plait could be quite so fascinating?

I'll try full fat mayo next time (sometime this week), I do think it will make a difference and will report back.  I went and bought a jar and told my o/h not to eat it as it's for my hair and he didn't believe me.  It took me an hour to convince him that I wasn't lying   Anyone would think I take the mickey out of him a lot!

-------------

Date Posted: April 20 2006 at 3:19pm

Full fat tried and tested - WOW!

A huge improvement on the lower fat, think I may be tempted to abandon oiling and do this instead from now on!  Hair isn't dry yet as I only rinsed it out 6 hours ago but is looking very shiny and full and my plait tassle feels verrrrrrrrry soft (softer than I ever remeber it being).  I did leave it on for about 4 hours though as I forgot it was on there (benefit of having the house to yourself for a day). I think the change to a horn comb is helping with the thickness too as I seem to have alot less breakage recently (well that and combing properly).

Give it a go Dave, highly reccomended! 

-------------

Posted By: maiseycat
Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 2:14pm
So, you just used mayo, nothing else? Did you wet your hair before applying it? I tried an olive oil/mayo/egg treatment, and did not like the results of that at all. It was very drippy and messy, and left my hair tangly. I couldn't get all of the oil rinsed out, either. I may try just mayo next time.

Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:09pm

I put the mayo on dry hair, covered with a shower cap then towel left it for awhile (an hour is best) and then shampooed and conditioned and used my leave in (lots of conditioner I know but curly hair is sooooooo thirsty). 

Mayo rinsed out really easily, but it does need a shampoo to get it all out I think.

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:53pm
Sounds great, PhilGirl - I think I'll try it on your recommendation.....

-------------

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:46pm
Hey, philosophygirl, we noticed that you used a shower cap.  When we do Jennifer's hair, we usually soak it pretty good with mayo from a dry state.  She puts saran wrap on her head afterwards and then a towel.  It seals her hair up so the oil doesn't run down as much and also keeps the heat in so it penetrates better.  Just thought we'd mention it.

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Date Posted: May 06 2006 at 2:55pm
Shower cap is the cheap girls cling film!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window