Print Page | Close Window

pre-natal vitamins

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42516
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:21am

Topic: pre-natal vitamins
Posted By: girly4216
Subject: pre-natal vitamins
Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:21am
Any truth to taking pre-natal vitamins to help your hair grow?  I'm deperate!!!

Replies:
Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:06pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why are you desperate?

I'm sure most people will tell you that the best things to do are look after and enjoy the hair you have, eat well (take general vitamins if you need to because your diet is not all it should be), exercise and minimise stress.  Personally I don't think you should any vitamin that is designed for a purpose that does not fit your needs.  If you do not already take one then a multivitamin may help.

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Date Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:31pm
Well, not really desperate. But it seems my hair takes so long to grow.  I guess I'm just looking for shortcuts!

Date Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:34am

Unfortunately there aren't any - sorry

You could play with hairpieces etc.  Basically if you want long hair it's going to take time, and a lot of it at that.  Love your hair how it is now, enjoy the things you can do with it now that you won't be able to when it's longer (believe me there are quite a few of them!).  Enjoy getting your hair healthier and focus on that rather than length.  Once you stop being concerned with the length you may be suprised one day to suddenly notice it is far longer than you thought.

Good Luck!  

-------------

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Date Posted: April 20 2006 at 8:23am
Thanks, you guys are great!

Date Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:10pm
Awwwwww thank you   no problem!

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by philosophy girl philosophy girl wrote:

Love your hair how it is now, enjoy the things you can do with it now that you won't be able to when it's longer (believe me there are quite a few of them!).

Hi girly4216,

In addition to what Philosophy Girl said, there are also things that you'll be able to do at longer lengths that you can't at shorter lengths.

Growing your hair as fast as possible can be aided by taking good care of your health overall -- diet, exercise, effectively handle stress -- and gentle haircare, which will let you keep more/most of what grows.

HTH

-------------

Print Page | Close Window