Print Page | Close Window

My hair - picture

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42679
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 10:36am

Topic: My hair - picture
Posted By: denali_ice
Subject: My hair - picture
Date Posted: April 24 2006 at 1:27am
Well, I figured that since I finally seemed to have made it through the major postpartum shedding phase without cutting my hair!!!  And (to back things up just a little) since I made it though the twin pregnancy with only one tiny trim (ok, it was a few inches, but hardly anyone noticed)

The shedding/hair loss phase was so very tough to get through.  I was losing handfulls of hair at a time.  It was awful.  I realize that the pregnancy was difficult on my body...a multiple pregnancy at that. Preeclampsia, anemia, gestational diabetes all included.  C-section.

Now, I found out that I am still anemic, so I am back on iron supplements, so I am a bit concerned about the future of my hair...but my goal is to not cut it right now. *lol*  For the time being, that is all I can go for. 

This was taken earlier today.

-------------
On a hot summer night, would you offeryour throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Replies:
Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: April 24 2006 at 4:41am

Well I think your hair is looking lovely!  I know how hard the postnatal shedding can be.....it is really scary when it falls out like that...and it's happened THREE times to me!  I had to cut mine off the last time as it was just too thin to keep at any length, but I'm happy to say that it DOES thicken up again :)

Best of health to you and the little ones

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: April 24 2006 at 7:48am
Your hair looks great.  Have you tried the Spatone liquid iron supplements?  I find they're much better than any of the others I've been prescribed.  In Europe they're available from some high street chemists and come in an orange box of sachets for approximately £9.  You will still need injections, but no other pills.  Good luck.

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 09 2006 at 5:22pm
Wow, Denali_ice, you've been through a lot lately!  Congrats on your new twins!  Given the stress you've endured lately, I'd say your hair is doing great.   Thanks for sharing your picture with us.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window