Print Page | Close Window

Darker/Bassy? Blonde to Lighter Blonde.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43461
Printed Date: October 18 2024 at 12:19am

Topic: Darker/Bassy? Blonde to Lighter Blonde.
Posted By: red legos
Subject: Darker/Bassy? Blonde to Lighter Blonde.
Date Posted: May 18 2006 at 7:56pm
Hi.
I posed before but only 1 person replied to my post, and although I was thankfull someone took out their time to reply, it wasn't really helpfull that much.

Here is my color now:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8850/10044814oa.jpg - picture one / http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3761/10044834qn.jpg - picture two

Here is a picture of the color I want:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9397/blondehair3qt.png - desired color  (maybe a tad darker)

How do I achieve this look? My hair is currently dyed. Also, by looking at it, does it look brassy? At Sally's they have these things called 'Gold Corrector Plus' that takes unwanted golden and brassy tones out of hair, and you mix it with hair dye. Could I do this with a lighter color of dye, or do I need to colorfix? Disapprove I feel like removing the current color just damages it so much.
Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: stormee
Date Posted: May 18 2006 at 11:05pm
THis is just a guess, since you didn't get much help last time. Bleach it to light yellow, then use the lightest blonde toner in a cool shade.

Posted By: angl96
Date Posted: May 19 2006 at 12:05pm
I'm sorry that was me and I was just answering the brassy question. Your last pic looks about a level 10 guessing it was bleached to a pale yellow?

Your hair now I would suggest using color remover than rebleach. Although your hair doesn't look really brassy, But the computer and diffferent lighting who knows maybe it has more gold than what I am seeing.

If you want a cool tone blonde bleach the yellow to a pale yellow and select a toner . Depending what kind of shades you like violet and or ashy blondes are in the cool factor. Also purple shampoos seems to help (unwanted yellow undertones)

I never tried gold corretor plus, perhaps someone on this board can give your their opinion  on this product good luck

Posted By: karen s
Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 9:59am
Hi,
I would advice you use a hi lift, permanent colour , I use wella special blonde 12/1 on my niece, and her hair turns out your desired colour, it is almost a baby blonde colour with a little ash tone. You can purchase these colours at sally's, you would mix 40 vol (12%) peroxide at 1 part tint 2 parts peroxide. Always follow manufacturer's instructions.

Hope this helps , karen

-------------
karen sanderson

Posted By: karen s
Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 10:03am
I wouldn't advice bleaching your hair , bleach causes so much damage to the cortex, the colour I advised above causes less damage and will give you the colour you want , your hair is pretty light already, If you do apply 12/1 it will be very visual , and quick to lift, keep checking the development.

-------------
karen sanderson

Posted By: angl96
Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 12:53pm
highlifts are great if you are a a light to maybe a medium blonde, and yes you may be able to use a highlift tint rather than bleach .Although what is your natural color?

with regards with highlift tints

Highlifts on light to dark brown always seem to bring out the brassiness. (Although they claim to lift 5 to 7 shades lighter)Bleach is the only thing that will lift you to a PALE YELLOW without the orange, or harsh yellow undertone. That is if you bleach pass the brassy stages,

Again if your hair is a light or (maybe medium blonde) highlift tints work great!!

Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 8:36pm
Yeah, I don't really want to bleach it. It damages it so much ..and my hair has enough damage already. I'd go to a perfessional but I don't have the money. I just wish I could dye over it and it'd work. It seems to me that it's too yellow-ish/gold for my liking. I can't really stand it actually. My old blonde color was so pretty.. that was before I thought it was an awesome idea to go brunette.

-------------

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 10:02pm
i would say get yourself a box of colorfix from sallys. this product is made from sulfur, and will not overly damage your hair. then get yourself a born blonde toner in the lightest ash shade they have, and apply it to the hair. this will yield the results you want. the born blonde toners do not contain any peroxide at all. overall, this process will not damage your  hair any more than dyeing it with a highlift color, and will yield more predictable results.

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Date Posted: May 20 2006 at 11:14pm
well, actually, i'm sort of scared of the outcome.
maybe i'll do the blonde myself.. but i'm wanting to get lowlights of red and brown-ish colors. so i'll end up having to go to a salon anyway. my hair just seems much more yellow-ish than the champange color it's suppose to be.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window