Print Page | Close Window

My BBB smells like cat pee -_-

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43730
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 8:20am

Topic: My BBB smells like cat pee -_-
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Subject: My BBB smells like cat pee -_-
Date Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:56am
I washed my BBB after it got a bit oily and towel dried it and waited for a while before I used it again. When I did it STANKDead! How do I make it smell decent again without having to buy a new one?

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 27 2006 at 1:14pm
Curious.  With what did you use to wash it?  Maybe you're smelling the boar bristle in a more natural state?  Maybe the brush needs its own vinegar rinse?  Hmm...

Date Posted: May 27 2006 at 2:46pm
I just washed it with my Dove shampoo so it was getting the same treatment as my hairErmm. It really does smell awful just now. I'll try the vinegar rinse tommorow. ThanksSmile!

Edit: BBB has now been vinegar rinsed, washed and blowdried. It's very shiney and soft and doesn't smell anymore but needs to collect scalp stuff so it's a bit harder and goes through my hair. All in all good result.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 28 2006 at 12:00pm
Yay! Clap Glad to hear the result was so good, HFO.  Let us know if the boars hairs get more stiff with use.  Somehow I'm guessing they might not.  Before yesterday, I had never considered the possibility of vinegar rinsing a BBB. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 28 2006 at 12:42pm
Well I watered down some curl holder and sprayed it onto BBB. It's back to normal stiffness now and seems to have coped with it all. I guess that means it likes cones like my own hairTongue!

Print Page | Close Window