Print Page | Close Window

fake nails = always tacky?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Nails
Forum Description: Dig your claws into the latest tips & techniques for your nails
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43796
Printed Date: May 05 2024 at 2:57pm

Topic: fake nails = always tacky?
Posted By: velvetnstars
Subject: fake nails = always tacky?
Date Posted: May 28 2006 at 10:38pm
I'm wondering what other people think about this...I like the look of a french manicure but I'm a student so I don't have money to spend on weekly manicures. I do them myself but of course that means they chip faster and don't look as good, etc. So what do you think of those sporty length (shorter) french manicure nails that you can get at the drugstore? If they look like a professional acrylic manicure, is that still tacky? 

-------------
I don't need the money, dear. I work for art.
Maria Callas

Replies:
Posted By: naildiva
Date Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:09pm
To be honest, I have seen worse looking acrylic nails from a discount salon.  If thats what you can afford, go for it, just follow instructions and dont leave them on more than a few days at a time.

Posted By: velvetnstars
Date Posted: June 01 2006 at 4:13pm

-------------
I don't need the money, dear. I work for art.
Maria Callas

Posted By: Darling Nikkie
Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 9:20am
I agree with Velvet!

-------------
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: September 04 2006 at 3:26pm
I think that as long as they're not too long they'll look fine! They don't always look tacky.

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: Lady_Lioness
Date Posted: September 30 2006 at 1:16pm
I agree with shyanne...keep them short and natural looking and they won't look tacky

-------------

Updated on 9/23/06: Touch up & Trim

http://public.fotki.com/SxyLeolady - My Hair Album
PW: tresses

Print Page | Close Window