Print Page | Close Window

n00b question-what does a loop brush do?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44248
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 5:43pm

Topic: n00b question-what does a loop brush do?
Posted By: 222chik222
Subject: n00b question-what does a loop brush do?
Date Posted: June 16 2006 at 7:44pm
Why is it better for extensions than a normal brush?

Replies:
Posted By: nursie
Date Posted: June 16 2006 at 7:50pm
when i first put in microrings.......i didnt have a looper brush, nor a specific 'extension brush' and the brush i had would snag if i brushed along the rings themselves. if you have a looper brush it just glides over and through those bonds...

now i have in Protac wefts and i still use the loop brush up against my scalp to be sure nothing gets snagged, it doesnt work so well to brush the length of the hair for me so i use a stiff bristled 'extension' brush for that.

Posted By: 222chik222
Date Posted: June 17 2006 at 1:30am
Thanks for the info :) i think i will have to invest in a few brushes

Posted By: elvira
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 9:20pm
The bristles in a looper brush are made out of nylon and shaped in a loop, not single strands as in a regular brush. The  loop bristles brush gently over hair and don't cut the hair strands or break glue bonds where the extensions are because of the loop shape. Because there are no single bristles that could "catch" in the part of the hair where the extension is fused together. 

-------------

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 9:24pm
yep...gotta have that loop brush! Well....I guess you can get by without it but I'd def. recommend having one. I like using it to brush my hair back into a pony tail...works great for that! And like nursie and elvira said, it brushes right over the bonds without catching!

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Print Page | Close Window