Print Page | Close Window

Goal!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44269
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:14am

Topic: Goal!
Posted By: DaveDecker
Subject: Goal!
Date Posted: June 17 2006 at 1:33pm
A mini-questionnaire...

(1) What is your current length goal?

(2) Have you reached your goal and maintaining the length as is?

(3) If your answer to (2) is "no," how far away (inches/cm) are you from reaching your goal, and when do you think your hair will reach your goal length?

Replies:
Date Posted: June 17 2006 at 1:37pm
My answers:

(1) "Terminal" length Cool

(2) Yes and Yes Thumbs Up

(3) N/A Clap

(use of emoticons is optional LOL)

Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 4:44am

About 35", which should be tail bone length on me. I may or may not want it to look longer in the front though, so I may go a few inches longer.

Nope...not yet. It's been 6 months with no trims and about 5 months with no heat.

(3) If your answer to (2) is "no," how far away (inches/cm) are you from reaching your goal, and when do you think your hair will reach your goal length?

I THINK I'm around 29-30" right now. I'm hoping that I will be nearing my goal bye mid 2007.

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 4:44am
1. hip length.
2. goal reached (well, good enough!). Planning to maintain but knowing how shoddy I am at remembering to trim...
3. N/A

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: Kirea
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 6:01am
(1) My length goal is not really specific, long (in my eyes) and healthy is about it. I have not had hair past shoulder length since I was 8 so I'll probably feel like rapunzel just at BSL.

I have been told all my life that thin/fine hair just doesn't look good long, and so kept it short in styles I could use and abuse to add volume and chop as the mood hit me. My sisters both had thicker hair than me and I always thought my hair to be abnormally thin and fine. After measuring and looking around I realised that my ponytail was 2.25 inches around, with bangs and various layers that don't reach the elastic yet, not 'abnormally thin' at all.

My shed rate has dramatically decresed in the last 2 months with the elimination of chemical dyes (I love the henna now!), and my daily hair death c*cktail of blowfrying/curling/mousse/hairspray/molding cream/harsh shampoo. Yes I used those things every day! I have a halo of baby hairs and my hair at the scalp feels thicker. Who knows, when those grow out plus the layers and bangs, maybe the 2.25 inches will be a full 3 or more.

I've also learned to love my hair instead of abusing it into looking the way other people's hair look. So many girls straighten their hair with those awful irons daily to get bone-straight silky hair like mine.

I do love the way waist/tailbone length hair looks, that is likely my ultimate goal.

(2) Nope

(3) I haven't actually measured the current length and the distance to goal, I am a long way from it and don't want to get caught up in obsessing over numbers. The time period of growing hair from a pixie to tailbone is very very long, but my hair will be healthy and beautiful along the way.

-------------
Pixie/Chin/Waist
1a Fi/ii

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 10:11am

I've just changed mine.  It's now about to the middle of my back!

No, it's brand-new goal! 

ABout 10-12 inches away, unfortunately.  One thing that will be very important for me is to keep frequent trims.  The ends of my hair tend to thin out very quickly, not even with split ends, but so much of my hair doesn't want to reach the length that the rest does!  So, I'm planning on a good two years to reach my goal.  But, I'm not real upset, because even though my hair isn't long, it isn't "short" short either, and I can put it up in a ponytail and have some real styling options that I can do.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: June 18 2006 at 11:39pm
(1) Fingertip, but now I'm having second thoughts, or at least thoughts about delaying it for later.

(2) No, but I've reached a short term goal of Tailbone and probably will maintain it for awhile.

(3) I should reach fingertip in 1 1/2 -2 years after trimming and whatnot.

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 7:06am
(1) Tailbone length.  Long term goal is mid-thigh, but only if I can stand caring for it.

(2) No

(3) 10 inches from tailbone...don't even want to think about mid-thigh!  Lately my hair has only been growing a fourth of an inch a month, so no telling how long its going to take (could be a bsl resting phase).  More than a year and half at least.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 11:16am
1. 36"

2. no I'm at 28"

3. I guess a little over a year,  then would like to shoot for knee length.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: falconwithin
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 1:15am
1. Back to the lenght it was before I foolishly cut it all off so about 36"

2. Nope I'm at about 25"

3. Hopefully by the end of the year but it think that may be overly hopeful.

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 6:29am
Hey Dave Big smile At first I thought this was a thread about the World Cup.....or maybe it's because Aussies have suddenly gone soccer mad this week!!

Anyway...here are the answers:

About 40 inches I think.  I am guessing that this will be about hip length on me....but I'm not exactly sure.  I just like nice even  numbers :D

I WISH!!

Well, let me see...I figure I'm at about 23 inches right now (although I forgot to measure last month), so I'm 17 inches away from my goal.  Given my growth rate, I'd say that's about 2.5 years away.  However...my ultimate goal is to have it at 40 inches and all one length, so we may be talking about 4 years or more.

*sigh*...now I'm depressed! :(

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 10:53am

Don't worry, Rini, I'm right there with ya!

As for the questions:

1. My goal right now is waist length, which is 31" on me (measuring from the hairline over the scalp.....)

2. No, I haven't reached my goal yet, but I'm just glad my hair is growing each month!!!LOL

3. My hair is at 21" right now, so  I'm 10" away from goal (wowShocked, that seems it's actually do-able....). I think that may be 2 years away, however, if I factor in trims. So, I'll reach my goal in June of 2008!

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2006 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Hey Dave Big smile At first I thought this was a thread about the World Cup.....or maybe it's because Aussies have suddenly gone soccer mad this week!!
Hey Rini, I will admit that that event sorta influenced my labeling of this thread.  Not that I'm a big fan of it or anything... it's just not easy to avoid the hubbub.

I'm sorry if I've depressed you... that was certainly not my intent.  I should add that my hair is as long as it is because I started growing it so many years ago (14!).  I started with only a few inches so if I can grow it really long, so can you. Approve

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:56pm

(1) Pretty much where I am now.

(2) I reached it, now I just play around with the length and layers as I please, varying through about 6 inches, between waist and classic.  There's no "maintaining" involved other than s&d, gentleness etc; quality not length. 

(3) Erm...

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:24am
(1) My current length goal is elbow length where I'll keep it until the damage is gone and my fringe type thing is about collarbone length(I'm keeping it sort of there)

(2) Not yet. I would have done if I hadn't damaged my hair as much in the past. I think I lost about seven or more inches by cutting off damage.

(3) I'm at bsl so about 5 to 7 inches off of my goal although once all the crap hair is gone I'll be going for hip length.

Posted By: SanFranBrent
Date Posted: July 04 2006 at 8:40pm
Did someone mention the World Cup?
Don't bet against Italy.
Italy beat a very good German team in the semi-finals today.

Italy plays the winner of the France/Portugal semi-final game.
(which is on Wednesday afternoon......U.S. time;  3 p.m. East Coast time, 2 p.m. Central time, and 12 noon West Coast time for that game. The game is on ESPN).
Actually Italy, Portugal, or France could win it. They are all very good teams.
The final is on Sunday afternoon, the 9th of July, in Berlin, Germany.
(2 p.m. east coast time, 1 p.m. central time, 11 a.m. west coast time. On ABC).

-------------
Brent

Posted By: vivek
Date Posted: July 04 2006 at 10:31pm
My hair length is 32 inches

goal is as decided by my wife - she says 35

May be i will get there as early as possible much to her delight

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:36am
My original goal was to grow just past my shoulders. Then my goal kept changing. I caught the "growing fever" (probably through my involvement with another long hair forum).

My hair eventually reached about 42" I think. It was getting caught in my pants when I tucked in my shirt. (It was getting stuck elsewhere while wet during showers ). It just reached a point of being too long. Plus, I went through a few months of extreme shedding at that time which made my ends very thin. I like nice, thick, healthy looking ends, so decided to cut it shorter. The most I had cut off at one time was 3 inches. By keeping it trimmed up more, my hair is gradually returning to the thickness it once had.

Today, I get my hair trimmed 1" every 6 weeks. This maintains my current length.

Every once in a while I think about cutting it shorter, but I know I would miss it long. After having short hair most of my life (yet always wanting long hair), I finally have it long

-------------

Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 7:42pm
1) My goal is tailbone length, which is about 40".

2) I have quite a ways to go -- I'm almost at 28" now, so 12" to go.

3) I think it will take me about 2 1/2 years to reach my goal, because my fine hair breaks easily, and I think I will need trims now and then -- I don't want my ends too thin.  I try to take good care of the ends but they still have some breakage.

Kirea, mine is less than 3 (2 7/8)", and I am sometimes people comment on my thick hair, but it's really not.  Sometimes I wear it pin straight and it still doesn't look thin.

Print Page | Close Window