Print Page | Close Window

russian hair co

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44319
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 1:52pm

Topic: russian hair co
Posted By: 1hairlover
Subject: russian hair co
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 12:46am
Has anyone ever use the hair from the russian hair supplier I received a sample the other day it seems to be pretty good hair, but it is hard to tell with a small sample. Russian Hair in California. Help anyone

-------------
lovelove

Replies:
Posted By: sammyJB
Date Posted: June 19 2006 at 6:17am

I think Amanda might offer a word or two...

Posted By: hairheaven
Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 2:20am
Check this site out they are located in California. However, their prices are reallysteep; however, if the quality is great then I think it's a great investment.

http://www.russianhair.net/ - http://www.russianhair.net/

Date Posted: June 21 2006 at 8:14pm

Amanda have you use the russian hair before?

-------------
lovelove

Posted By: donutloose
Date Posted: June 25 2006 at 4:47pm
I use Russian hair all the time, I can highly recommend it! Havent tried that company let as i buy mine in bulk (2 kilos at a time) not sure if theyb would supply that much at a reasonable price but would be interested to know what thy are like, which co did you recieve your sample from?

Posted By: Divavocals
Date Posted: June 25 2006 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by donutloose donutloose wrote:

I use Russian hair all the time, I can highly recommend it! Havent tried that company let as i buy mine in bulk (2 kilos at a time) not sure if theyb would supply that much at a reasonable price but would be interested to know what thy are like, which co did you recieve your sample from?
So where do you buy your Russian hair from?? Can you post contact & website info??

-------------
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com

Posted By: 222chik222
Date Posted: June 25 2006 at 9:36pm
Yeah would be cool if you could tell us where you get the hair from =)

Date Posted: June 27 2006 at 4:10am
I used a company called cariba group, the hair is RAW russian so you will have to cut and draw it yourself to remove any short hairs, you order a kilo and it comes in assortment of colours darks, mids, reds and blonds but as its completely natural hair you wont recieve the very light blonds and you cant request what colours you want, i havent been able to order any more of the long lengths since he is out of stock and never seems to have the exclusive but what i did get i was happy with i would recommend ordering the next length up from what you need to allow for cutting etc, check it out and see what you think its http://www.raweuropeanhair.com - www.raweuropeanhair.com dont be suprised if you have to wait a few days for response either!

Posted By: Rocket22
Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:46am
I just bought two hand tied wefts from this company, 18" and 20"  very spendy  but the the hair is beautiful !!!  it's never been colored and I got a perfect match first time out of the gate!!!  how lucky is that!!!!
there customer service is amazing.  I have always been able to get a hold of someone and they send the hair out in a couple of days from ordering.  I just ordered some extension plus hair and this hair blows that away.  and I ordered European which is the "best they sell"   I haven't yet put it  in but I'm soooo excited.  I will for the first time use protac and do it myself. thanks to this board!!!   I tried a sample piece yesterday just stuck it in my head and it's still there and I even washed it this morning.  (I know I did everything wrong for long use of it)  but when I put the new hair in I will do all that is advised.   

Thank you ladies so much I love all the knowledge you share 

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Gene Gene wrote:

Hello Ladies,

As we know you can't buy Rolls Roys at the price of Volkswagen. If one wants real Russian hair that one gots to pay. The availability of Russian hair is a fraction of the demand. That's why the price goes up monthly. Only Posh buys tons per month. But the price will stop at some point for sure.

And yeah, I've seeing them samples all from those who claims to sell Virgin Russian hair and was laughing my stomac off. What it is is a chemically processed Indian hair (stripped cuticle) to make it look like European. The only problem is when you wash it 4 times it becomes to look like a broom, worse than Indian hair in the Virgin state. I am Russian myself and believe me I know the hair.

If you want Real Russian hair, come to us http://www.russianhair.net - www.russianhair.net or call toll free 866-630-5087

Best regards to all.

Gene Pro
So are you speaking of any particular vendor selling Russian hair or simply the one Donutloose recommended??

I ask because I'm not sure I got anything more from your post than a sales pitch for your own company in response to Hairlover's original post *(which was inquiring about your company)... I guess I'm just not partial to folks who like to drop kick their competitors in order to elevate their own product is all.. Just my opinion of course..

-------------
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:27pm

I am speaking about my company. Did I mention any competitors?
Ummmmmm... Yeah ya did.. let me refresh your memory..

And yeah, I've seeing them samples all from those who claims to sell Virgin Russian hair and was laughing my stomac off. What it is is a chemically processed Indian hair (stripped cuticle) to make it look like European. The only problem is when you wash it 4 times it becomes to look like a broom, worse than Indian hair in the Virgin state. I am Russian myself and believe me I know the hair.

So I will ask again... Was there a PARTICULAR company you were speaking of or is this simply a GENERAL statement???

-------------

Posted By: Gene
Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:30pm
No PARTICULAR companies. I was talking about so called "European quality" hair.

Best Regards,
Gene

-------------
www.russianhair.net

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:54pm

No PARTICULAR companies. I was talking about so called "European quality" hair.

Best Regards,
Gene
ahhhhhhh.. I see.. A GENERAL statement.. Okay.. thanks for the response...

I guess it's lucky for me then that I deal with companies who sell ACTUAL "European quality" hair on well constructed wefts. 

-------------

Posted By: hairheaven
Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Rocket22 Rocket22 wrote:

I just bought two hand tied wefts from this company, 18" and 20"  very spendy  but the the hair is beautiful !!!  it's never been colored and I got a perfect match first time out of the gate!!!  how lucky is that!!!!
there customer service is amazing.  I have always been able to get a hold of someone and they send the hair out in a couple of days from ordering.  I just ordered some extension plus hair and this hair blows that away.  and I ordered European which is the "best they sell"   I haven't yet put it  in but I'm soooo excited.  I will for the first time use protac and do it myself. thanks to this board!!!   I tried a sample piece yesterday just stuck it in my head and it's still there and I even washed it this morning.  (I know I did everything wrong for long use of it)  but when I put the new hair in I will do all that is advised.   

Thank you ladies so much I love all the knowledge you share 

How much did you spend and how many ounces of hair did you buy?  If the quality is great then it makes more sense to buy quality hair instead of buying cheap hair all the time.  You will end up spending more money in the long run.

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 4:12pm
I love it!!!!  it blends with the texture of my hair so much better then that of the EP.  It's softer  and finer like my own hair.  I usually have hair forever!!!  the only reason I buy new is because I end up cutting it and then want to go longer!!!!

My first purchase was the hand tied 18" weft and it's aprox 11" wide I don't know the weight?  but there is quite a bit of hair on one 11" weft.  I could almost get away with one weft and I have  maybe total of 3 wefts of the extension Plus in.  ( it is  1 1/2 oz)   I only do one row for a little length and volume.   But now I'm getting greedy and want more length!!!  So I then ordered the 20" and will add that to the 18"    the 18" including shipping was 190.00 I think and the 20" was aprox. 200.00  so yes it's spendy!!!  but I cannot wait to put it in...  I will post pictures of this hair if you would like.  I should take pictures of  EP install and then the Russian hair install....  how do I post pictures???   

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 5:52pm

I think choosing a company to deal with depends on your requirements, the hair i bought was still in its raw state (just freshly cut pony tails) so needed work removing short hairs and cutting etc to get to its usable quality, yes you will pay more for russian hair that is already user ready and i realise not many people would buy raw hair, i found it definatly good for my needs as i do so many extensions i need to buy in a bulk order to give my clients the best quality available at an affordable price, everyones a winner!! i havent tried russian.net but am always interested in whats on offer, i normally stock 14" and 18" and would buy a kilo of each.

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 5:58pm
Hi Gene, I normally have in stock 14" and 18" in seven shades each, i would normally buy a kilo of each do you sell in these quantities?
Lucy x

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rocket22 Rocket22 wrote:

I love it!!!!  it blends with the texture of my hair so much better then that of the EP. 
Not trying to be a nag about this I SWEAR.. but this statement implies that Extensions Plus only sells ONE kind of hair.. The truth is that they sell MANY textures and colors of hair.. I think it's fair to say (based on your previous post) that the hair YOU bought from Extensions Plus didn't match your natural hair texture..

Not tryin' to bust your chops or anything.. but I just wanted to clarify that.. There are several vendors that only specialize in one type of hair exclusively, and I wanted to point out that Extensions Plus isn't one of those companies..

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 7:27pm
I would be darn surprised if virgin Russian hair actually matched my chemically relaxed African American hair... But I've been curious about this hair, and have been to your site.. I'll send you an e-mail with my info tonight..

-------------

Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 11:22pm
Ooh we you guys.

-------------
lovelove

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 1:11am
they are located very close to me, about 30 mins- they are located in orange county calif
diva- lets me up over there some monday!

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 1:15am
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

they are located very close to me, about 30 mins- they are located in orange county calif
diva- lets me up over there some monday!
Ooooooooo yet another hair excursion!!!!! I LOVE hair excursions!!!! Hmmm I wonder what illness I'll say I have to ditch work.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Where in Orange County are they located???

-------------

Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 10:53am
You are  correct.!!!!...  The hair is wonderful and I'm not in anyway putting it down!!  It is the texture that does not match, I did send them a sample of my own hair and ordered the "European body wave" which is supposed to be the lightest in texture they have.  I talked to Tina many times, I even have them programed into my phone!   (now that is bad)!      She was very helpful and even would call me when she had questions.....  They have excellent customer service!!!!  and again the hair is wonderful!!!  but the Russian is lighter in texture (so far, but haven't washed it or put it in)  I did tons of research on this board to try to find the best I could and EP was  the one!!!!  It's almost perfect, but I am such a snob when it comes to extensions and I want them PERFECT!!!!!  So  now I have found the Russian hair, and the texture matches my hair wonderfully!!!   also the light brown I ordered even matched the color!!!  I have another weft on the way and I hope this one matches as well....and hopefully this is it!!! and I will have this hair forever!!,. well almost...... (if I don't cut it like always)   

you gals on this board have been soooo helpful I cannot express how much I have learned and  I will be a first time DIYer on saturday!!!!! 

can anyone tell me how to post pictures?  

Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 3:21pm

I want to go you guys don't leave me out.

-------------
lovelove

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 11:15am
1hairlover. if you want pictures of my russian hair I now have it installed!!!!!   I love it!! very light and soft, great texture!!!

-------------
Current Install: European hair two rows triple wefted on bottom double wefted on top, with Protac

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 12:29pm
I'm holding my breath here waiting to hear more about this hair. Where exactly in Orange County is this company located? I'm probably close enough to easily stop by and check it out.

-------------
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Posted By: TanglesRC
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 12:43pm
they wont tell me~~~

-------------
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 1:04pm
Well, that's odd. Makes me wonder, when they come on so strong with the sales pitch and won't even tell you where they're located.   

-------------
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 1:14pm
Hi Gene!!!!     want to post the current install but still not sure how to post pictues... but the little tiny pictue next to my name is the hair I got from you!!!! .... can't wait for the 3rd weft to make it perfect!!!!  

-------------
Current Install: European hair two rows triple wefted on bottom double wefted on top, with Protac

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 1:34pm
Yippieeeee!!!!!!  Sent you pictures... can you post them???  

-------------

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 1:55pm
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rocket222006/ - http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rocket222006/

Gene was checking those pictures out... what did you do to me..... made me wide!!!!  but  I think I have something for now...

ok this is a start...   don't have anything in order but you can see the hair...  now remember I only have 2 wefts in on one row.  :)   that would never have worked with any other hair for 20"   3rd weft on order!!  I haven't cut or colored this hair.   (well trimed a tiny bit) but when I get the 3rd weft will go in and have it professionally cut!!!  

-------------

Posted By: amm
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 10:20pm
Rocket, your install is very pretty. Perfect match for you.

From russianhair.net ::

Micro-Thin Wefts - Not to be mistaken for machine wefts which are made mechanically and cut to size. Each Micro-Thin Weft is hand crafted with Double Drawn hair by our highly trained staff in-house at our own workshop, assuring you of a top quality, long lasting weft.

You're crafting wefts from double drawn, Gene?

-------------
http://shrinkies.net - Extension Supplies & Virgin Brazilian Hair

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 10:50pm
question...why are the double drawn wefts cheaper than the handtied single drawn?

And that is some mighty EXPENSIVE hair!

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Date Posted: July 19 2006 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

question...why are the double drawn wefts cheaper than the handtied single drawn?
The double drawn hair is not wefted that's why (I assume) it costs less..

I just got my sample of this hair today.. I wish it was wefted so I could see and evaluate the weft construction.. The hair seems very nice, but it's hard to put the hair through it's paces and really tell since it's not wefted..

And that is some mighty EXPENSIVE hair!

Amen!!!

Quote ALL VIRGIN RUSSIAN HAIR MICRO THIN WEFTS ARE 11 INCHES WIDE AND WEIGH APPROX.1-1.25 Oz. (28.4-35.5 grams)
So if I were to buy 8oz of 15-16" Straight (approximately 8 wefts) the cost is $1,256.00.

Heck for this cost I could order 10-12 oz of custom Extensions Plus hair again..

If I were to buy 8oz of 15-16" Straight  double drawn, the cost is $616.00. Let's say I did buy this, I'm still looking at approximately $200 in wefting costs if I were to send it to Extensions Plus to have the hair wefted..

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 1:30am
Hello Sherrie,

We do not make wefts from single drawn hair. We sell wefts, that are made from double drawn hair, and bulk double drawn hair in bundles that is ready for pre-bonding, wefting and ventilating.

Best regards,

Gene

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 1:33am
You have a coarse hair, Crystal. It would make no sense for you to waste money on soft and silky Russian hair. So you are right!

Best Regards,

Gene

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 4:00am
Gene with all due respect, you have no idea WHAT KIND of hair I have.. I simply said Afro relaxed hair.. You ASSUMED that meant my hair was coarse.. (an often made, and often WRONG assumption) For the record, your hair sample would EASILY blend very nicely with my hair.. You'd be surprised what my hair could easily blend with..  

The point I was making is that IN MY OPINION for the money your hair costs, I or ANYONE ELSE could get custom made Extensions Plus hair.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 11:15am

http://110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rocket222006/ - http://110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rocket222006/   pictures here !

Now I can say I have ordered both!!!  from Extensions Plus  and Russian hair and I would have to say that they are almost the same price.  I am sitting here looking at my Extensions Plus invoice and I ordered 16" 1.25 oz and it cost me $202.46 and that is not hand tied! that was machine wefted.  I did send them a color sample of my hair so it was custom.  I think both company's have very high quality hair and wonderful customer service!  The Russian hair just has a better texture for me. ( But I must say I love the wave the Extension Plus has)

I have posted both of the hair on my photo sight.  and you can see both hair wefts before installation.   ( I know I'm sick I'm taking lots and lots of pictures of everything)   I am going to document everything!!!  (hair growth hopefully!!!

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 12:20pm
Hi Gene, received my order today (did arrive yesterday as you said but the driver coulnt find my house out here in the country side!) I have to say Im very impressed the hair is gorgeous my clients will love it, although i would like to keep it all for myself and just sit and brush......... i really should get out more! Ill be in touch with my next order

Date Posted: July 20 2006 at 2:47pm
Yup... If you do the math!!!!   I'm  not an any way putting EP down... I think they have excellent quality of  hair, but that is what I paid for the 1.25 oz I got!!!  Have invoice to prove it!!!  But maybe these girls  get a better price then I got?????     you can also see in the pictures I have provided that your one 11"x18"  weft  was an extremely good amount of hair!!!  ( the most I have ever seen on one weft!!!)

Now these pictures were taken for my purpose only and didn't plan on posting them, so I didn't get very good ones.... sorry!!!

Good quality  hair just costs some bucks!!! no matter where you go!!!!   but IMO I think it's worth it!!!

Gene, Thank you sooo much for the excellent customer service you have provided me... I can not wait to put in the last weft!!!!   

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:24pm

Hi Crystal. I have sent you a sample of coarse hair that we get couple of ponytails in black color once in a blue moon, as I told you before.
And except for the grey hairs, the hair is workable... The color is wrong (too dark), and the texture is slightly off (feels a lot rougher & heavier than my hair), but yes, I could make this hair work if I wanted to.

You actually stated yourself that you would be surprised if soft and silky Russian hair will blend with yours, so I did not assume anything.
Actually Gene.. I was being polite when I said that.. The truth is I'm not real kene on ANYONE's virgin hair.. Because MOST of it doesn't match my natural hair (Russian hair or otherwise).. And I am not the only woman who finds this to be an issue with virgin hair..

and for the record you DID assume something.. You're STILL assuming that my hair is coarse and rough (the opposite of soft).. So I will still say that you are ASSuming wrong.. But I digress... 

Yes, yada yada yada, you will tell me all the success stories.. I'm sure there have been many success stories with your virgin hair, but I will CONTNUE to express the opinion that for MANY women (and not just black women either for the record) your hair won't match A LOT of heads.. It can't match everyone.. it's virgin hair.. With virgin hair, you get what you get.. If it matches, it matches.. Furthermore I DID THE MATH.. For the money I would pay for your hair I PERSONALLY would rather order CUSTOM MADE Extensions Plus hair and get hair that I KNOW will match my EXACT specifications, last for YEARS, and get LEAST 2 oz more hair for the money to boot..

Now I know what you're gonna go back to, "But my soft silky Russian hair won't match your hair"...  To that I say, EVEN IF IT WAS A PERFECT MATCH, I think that if I was going to spend THAT kind of money on hair, then I would order CUSTOM hair.. and THAT'S just how I would CHOOSE spend MY MONEY...

Now Gene unless you are only here to sell YOUR hair versus contribute to this forum.. why don't you let this drop here.. This is a hair forum where folks express opinions about hair.. so here's a news flash... not everyone is gonna like your product... We talk about this stuff here all the time.. IMO, so far your only contribution to this forum seems geared towards selling/defending your product.

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:03pm
VERY well put DivaVocals, and Im surprised this thread as not been locked yet!

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:16pm

VERY well put DivaVocals, and Im surprised this thread as not been locked yet!
Yep.. This whole thread is turning into one long infomercial.. Clearly he's not here to contribute anything more to this forum than a plug for his product.. Perhaps it's time to click that good old "Report" button...

Footnote: Sherrie.. Should I tell Gene the WHOLE truth about why I REALLY wanted a hair sample!!

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:25pm

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:35pm

-------------

Posted By: malibu
Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:36pm
Hey, do tell DivaV! don't hit that report button just yet!

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:42pm
Hair coloring experiments!!! We're working on lifting colors.. It works best with virgin hair...

-------------

Posted By: malibu
Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 2:16pm
Oh right

-------------

Print Page | Close Window