Print Page | Close Window

this is going to sound stupid

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44689
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:25am

Topic: this is going to sound stupid
Posted By: Lickalime
Subject: this is going to sound stupid
Date Posted: June 28 2006 at 8:27pm
what is a chignon? how is it done? my hair is about six inches from my waist. I love my long hair but I'm sick of ponytails. right now I'm trying not to wear it down as much

can anyone discribe how to do this in my hair? thanks!

Ciao!

Replies:
Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: June 28 2006 at 10:42pm
I think a chignon is any kind of bun.....you can find instructions online if you google "chignon" and also Hairboutique and The Long Hair Community have instructions for different buns.

-------------

Posted By: Lickalime
Date Posted: June 29 2006 at 6:31am
Great! thanks. I looked up pics on Google

I know I'm a bit ahead of the game but, my mom is getting married next year and I'm her maid (matron) of honor. since my hair will (hopefully) be to my waist or longer, I want to start thinking about styles for my hair
I was hoping to do my own hair but I'm not sure. I was thinking I would either wear it down and curly (maybe rag roll it) or wear it straight (I just worry about heat damage). maybe do a half up half down style

I have a lot of layers and stupid bangs, so I do have to let my hair grow. I'll figure out something

~thanks again Special Kitty

Posted By: PurpleBubba
Date Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:18am
Chignon means a bun near the neck. And it's a french word for bun.

-------------

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Hair_Care_Family/index.php?showtopic=12 - My Journal

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 01 2006 at 2:50pm
Hi Lickalime,

All the style possibilities you're thinking of sound pretty!  And it sounds like you have lots of time to practice different styles, too.  If it's done only once in awhile, using heat to straighten your hair shouldn't cause too much damage.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window