Print Page | Close Window

Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44871
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 12:57am

Topic: Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor
Posted By: longhairgrower
Subject: Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 5:55pm

This is proabably a stupid question but is it necessary to use a moisturizing conditioner after using this because it never seems to make my hair feel dry or hard so I didnt really find it necessary to use a moisturizing conditioner

-------------
longhairgrower

Replies:
Posted By: ladyflash
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 5:57pm
I've never tried. Does it say on the bottle that it conditions as well? Sometimes reading the lable will tell you exactly how to use product, (i.e. what to do before, what to follow up with, how to rinse, etc.)

-------------
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! http://public.fotki.com/quietladyflash/ - My Fotki Album

Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:04pm
On the bottle it does say that it restores elasticity and softness to the hair. In the directions it says that you should just rinse it out then dry and style your hair as usual but I wanted to be sure because I have heard many people say that after using protein you should follow up with a moisturizing conditioner

-------------
longhairgrower

Posted By: stillinlove63
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:14pm
After  I do any protein treatment I follow up with a conditoner just to be safe b/c i don't want to o.d. on protein and get breakage!  I think you should but it's your hair so you have to decide.  HTH

-------------
Current: SL
Goal: APL by '07
3B/3C thick

Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:24pm

and they say conditioning is the best thing for your hair. So why not. It shouldn't do any harm.

-------------

Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 6:30pm
!

-------------

Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:29pm
Thanks ladies

-------------
longhairgrower

Posted By: srada
Date Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:49pm

I don't think its necessary to use an additional moisturizer.   I think you may be thinking of a couple of other products from ApHOGEE.  If you use the Treatment for Damaged Hair, then you must follow that with the Balancing Moisturizer.  I have used the Keratin Reconstructor alone as a final conditioner with no ill effects.  Hope this helps

Date Posted: July 04 2006 at 12:56pm
Thanks srada.  Thats good to know because it didnt leave my hair feeling like most reconstructors do.

-------------
longhairgrower

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 6:50am
it is my understanding that you do use a moisturizer after the reconstructer to restore balance.. meaning having protein and moisturizer together restores the balance that your hair needs, that may be the reason you can feel the difference.. that's why after i use the reconstructer, i use aphogee balance moisturizer..

Posted By: Vanity3
Date Posted: July 06 2006 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by stillinlove63 stillinlove63 wrote:

After  I do any protein treatment I follow up with a conditoner just to be safe b/c i don't want to o.d. on protein and get breakage!  I think you should but it's your hair so you have to decide.  HTH

True, Protein is a Hair life-saver, but you you MUST moisturize.  Too much of a good thing can be bad.  Aphogee has a rebalancing moisturizer that I use after all my protein treatments.

-------------
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920

Print Page | Close Window