Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45065
Printed Date: June 29 2024 at 9:35am

Topic: Round face/bob
Posted By: Skydancer
Subject: Round face/bob
Date Posted: July 08 2006 at 6:42pm
Hi,

I'm thinking of cutting my hair (It has grown out to about shoulder length now)

but I wanted general opinions in what length bob best goes with a round face - I really struggle because every hairstyle I like seems to have a model with a heart shaped face.

Thanks

-------------
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"

Replies:
Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 08 2006 at 7:12pm
I would think that a chin length would be the least desirable, because the hair would be highlighting the roundness of the face.  A longer one should really lengthen the face.  A shorter than chin-length might work well, too though, depending on the individual.

Posted By: SanFranBrent
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 12:20am
What Anne wrote is logical. Go very short with your hair or a longer bob hairstyle. If you go short with your hair, go to a good beauty salon and have them suggest a style that would work well for you. I am sure they would have some good suggestions for short hairstyles.

-------------
Brent

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 5:25am

I have no problem with a round face and a bob, but I also had a crush on Velma from "Scooby-Doo", so yeah. . . take that as you will. . .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: July 10 2006 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by anne6000 anne6000 wrote:

I would think that a chin length would be the least desirable, because the hair would be highlighting the roundness of the face.  A longer one should really lengthen the face.  A shorter than chin-length might work well, too though, depending on the individual.

To help compensate for a round face with a chin length bob you could part your hair on the side to give my height to the hair and the overall sillhouette would appear oval....aka the ideal shape.

Posted By: Skydancer
Date Posted: July 14 2006 at 3:05pm
Thanks for all the replies!

I have had it cut so it is between my shoulders and my chin and it I think I like it.  I am still experimenting with styling it at the moment, I want to try and get it looking like Keira Knightley at the Pirates of the Carribean premiere without having several stylists!

-------------
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"

Print Page | Close Window