Print Page | Close Window

Do You Ever Get Bored

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45081
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 4:38am

Topic: Do You Ever Get Bored
Posted By: Nastasska
Subject: Do You Ever Get Bored
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:34am
Do you ever get bored with your hair and get the urge to do something different like cut it or colour it or whatever

I feel like that at the moment and don't know what to do about it

-------------
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones

Replies:
Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:56am
 I love it long and don't want to cut it although I think about darkening it but the color is o.k.  I wouldn't mind a nice french braid for the day.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 9:20am
I had a dream the other night that my hair was chin length, shiny, and very bouncy.

It makes me miss my short hair, but I know this is the better option for me.

-------------

Posted By: denika_s
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:49am

Good question Nastasska!

Really the only time I feel like having a different cut is when I see my friends styling their hair in less time than it takes me....or when I go swimming. 

Question for Holly.....what did you end up doing with your hair for your sister's grad??

~Den

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 3:49pm
No, I never get bored with it.

IMO in this regard, women have more hairstyle and accessory options than men, so it would seem to be less of a concern for women than it is for men.

Nastasska, tell us about all of the different hair styles you wear, and what assortment of hair accessories you use.  Do you ever set it to bring out the waviness/curliness?

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:21pm
No, I don't really get bored with my hair, although I think I can get tired of it sometimes. There are those times when I just don't feel like doing anything with it and maybe I'll wish it was shorter or thinner, but then about that time, someone compliments me, and I forget all about messing with it! I love long hair! 

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: July 11 2006 at 5:10pm
I never think of coloring or cutting out of boredom, but if I do get bored I try new styles or styling methods, or I try or buy a new hair toy.  

-------------
2b/F/ii

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: July 15 2006 at 2:18am

Definately....YES!

Men are very limited in how we can wear our long hair. My wife wants it tied back in a ponytail when we're in public (a compromise I make, since I want to please my wife....she'd much prefer I cut it).

I am bored this summer with it. I've thought about cutting to a shorter style.

-------------

Posted By: puppylove374
Date Posted: July 15 2006 at 2:42am

Lately i feel like getting side swept bangs but i have a square face so i dont know if its for me....   i also heard from people that have side swept bangs that they got tierd of the bangs fast. 

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: July 15 2006 at 3:33am
Originally posted by puppylove374 puppylove374 wrote:

Lately i feel like getting side swept bangs but i have a square face so i dont know if its for me....   i also heard from people that have side swept bangs that they got tierd of the bangs fast. 

I got tired of them within a day and waited until they were long enough and cut them straight across. They get very annoying which is a shame since they look so good.

I get bored all the time and end up adjusting my fringe(bangs) or changing the colour of my hair within a shade or two of it's natural colour. Trying hard to leave it alone now. The colour is pretty much virgin and the fringe is all jaw length now.

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: July 15 2006 at 12:46pm
     I *hope* you're not "bored" enough to really cut your hair, Natasska. Haircutting, if it *must* be done, should be approached with enthusiasm. Lacking this, it's probably not a great idea.
     People get bored with short hair too, but all that can be done with short hair is a different cut or worse, processing. If the boredom is a yearning for length, processing usually sets one back dramatically.
     My suggestion is that you either wear your hair up for a while and forget about it, or have it pinned under so you can have fun with a drastcally shorter look w/o paying a permanent price. Remember, boredom passes, as does all things!  God bless, Bob

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:40pm
Yes even though my hair at its longest is 3inches below my shoulders and am aiming for the middle of my thighs, relatives urge me against it and say to keep it at this length which is sometimes discouraging which makes m want to chop it off.

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: browneyedgirl83
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:38pm
I have long hair... I am bored with it... and I have pretty much decided to cut it...
I am giving it a weeks thought (not sure why because I have been thinking about cutting it for months...

Posted By: Lickalime
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:55pm
the only thing that ever makes me want to cut my hair is when my husband rolls over on my hair when he's asleep (darn that hurts!)

Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:33pm
SugarCube -- They're just as entitled to have short hair as you are to have long hair.  Whatever you want for yourself, you should have.

browneyedgirl -- Have you made a list of pros and cons to the decision (and the impact/importance of each)?  That might help clarify your decision.

Lickalime -- When you go to sleep, do you flip your hair over your pillow?  That might help keep it out of harm's way.

-------------

Posted By: browneyedgirl83
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 1:55am
I haven't written them down, but I have thought of some...
I mean, I really like my hair long. I do think it is pretty. It is healthy.
I just wnat to try something new... I mean, I will undoubtedly grow it out again...

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 8:37am
I had a hair dream recently too, I had a very short do which was bleached platinum (same color I used to wear years ago, but on bsl hair).  It was a stylish looking cut with the longest pieces about 2 inches long, and very short around the bottom.  It was fun to remember what it was like in the dream and imagine to have it that way, but no way would I ever cut it for real.  It just got to the length where I can do everything I want with it with no trouble (which is an inch or so past bsl), and the ease of this is something I won't be giving up!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: vivek
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:52am

hai friends i have a long hair and very rarely i get bored of it . Except my wife others are not supportive of it. The problem is men have very little options of wearing long hair. I invite forums suggestion on this.

My hair is 32 inches long

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:52am
I'm sorry Vivek this world would be so much better if we execpted people for who they are and didn't criticize people for being different.

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by vivek vivek wrote:

hai friends i have a long hair and very rarely i get bored of it . Except my wife others are not supportive of it. The problem is men have very little options of wearing long hair. I invite forums suggestion on this.

My hair is 32 inches long

Are you prepared to accept the consequences of your choices?  If so, then you are ready to do what you want.  It is up to you to find your own confidence -- nobody can give it to you.

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 2:17pm
Hi Nastasska,
I get bored too. That's probably all I can offer... that I share your same fate. It happens sometimes. Do you henna?

Welcome Vivek

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Color_Diva928
Date Posted: August 28 2006 at 12:51pm

Yes, I get definitely bored...  It's usually with my color, and this occurs generally a few times per year.  When I walk into the salon with an envelope of hair photos, my colorist knows that I must be bored with my color again.  Despite the fact that most people who are trying to achieve very long or terminal length do not color their hair, I am one of the few who does, only by a BCH (Board Certified Haircolorist), and have been lucky to achieve tailbone length hair, as of so far. 

Date Posted: September 04 2006 at 5:04pm
Oooh... we'd love to see a picture of your colored tailbone-length hair, Color Diva.    (that's merely an expression of wish, not a request, so please do not feel any obligation if you do not want to do so).

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: September 06 2006 at 12:31pm
I feel the urge to change my hair on at least a monthly basis. I've wondered about colouring it, cutting side swept fringe, cutting it in to a bob, a pixie et. You name it, I've wondered if it would suit me. But I've never done it (well, apart from wash out dyes that didn't take on my dark hair...)

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:29pm
Hi LadyFrog!  Nice to "see" you here again. 

How many different ways can/do you style your hair?  Do you experiment with different styles?  And... do you have any wigs, or considered buying one (or more)?

Date Posted: September 08 2006 at 5:04pm
Nice to see you too Dave 

I can style my hair in loads of ways at the moment although it still usually lives in a plait. I don't mind though as at the moment I like my hair! I do have a wig actually! A dark red bob. I've worn it once or twice and I look...strange.

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: September 08 2006 at 6:09pm
Ooooh, a dark red bob wig, huh? I bet it looks cool on you, LadyFrog. Good to see you again - missing you on the boards. Hope all is well.

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2006 at 1:40pm
Everythings fine, just busy 

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Print Page | Close Window