Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45210
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 3:50pm

Topic: How fast did you loose?
Posted By: Precious Girl
Subject: How fast did you loose?
Date Posted: July 13 2006 at 1:16am
If you have lost alot of weight, how long did it take you to loose the first 20 pounds and what was the most effective exercise you did?

Replies:
Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:10pm
If you do it the healthy way, it should take you about 10 weeks to loose 20lbs. That is 2 lbs a week. Anything faster than that is really not healthy. There are 3500 calories in one pound. That means that for every pound you loose you need to burn 3500 calories. So you need to reduce your calorie intake and increase your exersice level. You should consume 100 calories for every 10 lbs of your desired weight. For example, if you want to weight 130 lbs your daily calorie intake should be 1300 calories.
I personally don't do extreme diets, because in the end you end up giving up. I eat  a little of everything in moderation.

I do try to eat low glacymic foods: whole wheat bread instead of white, sweet potatoes instead of white, seriously reduce my sugar intake etc. If you have to have butter, have real butter not substitutes (try to avoid it if you can, but if you can't, stick to the real stuff). All substitutes are really unhealthy. So no I can't believe is not butter, no take control, none of that stuff. Oh and specially stay away from margarine. Did you know that there is just one ingredient missing from margarine, for it to become plastic! Yes plastic. My sister is a chef and she learned that while going to school. I almost past out when I heard that. So no margarine, no spreads and substitutes. Use olive oil whenever you can.

It works better if you eat 5-6 small meals during the day, than just 3 big ones. And you should stop eating 3.5 hours before your bed time.
Drink lots of water and don't weight yourself (I know is hard to resist)because the first 4-8 weeks your body holds on to alot of extra water while is adjusting to your new diet and exercise regimen. So you will get discouraged when you get on the scale, because you will think you are actually gaining weight. But is just water weight.

The last time I lost alot of weight I did it in about 6 weeks. However, I can't tell you exactly how much weight I lost because I decided not to weight myself, because of the reasons above, and because I combined weight strength training with cardio, and I know I would gain muscle weight. So I opted to not weight myself. Instead I had this pair of really skiny jeans and I kept trying them on until they fit.

I went from a size 8-9 to a size 3-4. However, I worked out really hard. Advanced step classes 5-6 times a week, and strenght training every other day. So don't focus on the amount of weight but in the sizes you loose. I'm 5, 5 and I was weighing about 137 lbs at this time. However I was thinner than when I used to weight 131. That is because of the muscle weight, since muscle weigths more than fat.

So combining the cardio with the weight training will give you the fastest and best results

Well hope this helps. Good luck

Print Page | Close Window