Print Page | Close Window

Hair texture with very long hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45519
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:30am

Topic: Hair texture with very long hair
Posted By: anne6000
Subject: Hair texture with very long hair
Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:00pm
It seems that almost everyone with waist-length hair or longer has cascading waves (which are just beautiful!) in their hair.

I have two questions for those with very long wavy hair, was your hair just as wavy when it was shorter, let's say shoulder length to mid-back?

Does anyone here have waist-length hair or longer that is not wavy?

I'm just curious to see if those with naturally wavy hair seem to be the ones growing their hair longer or if the longer length somehow creates waves in the hair that weren't there when the hair was shorter (it doesn't make sense, but you never know).

Replies:
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:47pm
It might be because it's easy to keep long hair up in a bun or braided and when it's taken out for a photo, the waves are still there. Usually hair is pulled straighter with the weight so midback hair should be a bit wavier in theory.

Posted By: letmecount123
Date Posted: July 23 2006 at 5:57pm
My hair was curly/wavy when it was shorter. It has defined waves now that it's waist length. All the "curl" has been pulled out from the length. There's a post way back on here somewhere where I posted my curly hair when it was shorter.

-------------

Posted By: cjgjle
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:15am
My hair is a little bit wavy but when it was just below my shoulders when I was about 14 it was slightly straight and I got a spiral perm. I didn't like how it looked at first but if you don't use heat on your hair and just put gel in it and air dry, it will grow out and slowly unkink and will look absolutely beautiful if it gets down to your waist.

-------------
Jo Jo

Posted By: vivek
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:47am
hai friends I am a guy with a long hair

Actually it is a nice question. My hair is 32 inches long and it was wavy to start with but now it is not so. May be it has something to do with the length of the hair. I agree with hellfreezeover on this count. Since my hair is quite long i usually wear plaits or buns. only when iam in my house i let it loose.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:03pm
Hi Anne,

Hellfrozeover speaks the truth for me... my hair is straight.  I classify it as "1b" according to Fia's hairtyping methodology.  (excessive humidity can make it frizzy.)

-------------

Posted By: MistyD
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:47pm
My hair is waist-length and straight, straight, straight - no matter what length it's fine and straight. 

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

my hair is straight. 

Really?  Just looking at your picture, I see that the hair near your head is straight, but personally I'd call all the waves in length of your hair -- wavy!  But that's just my opinion, so I'm not sure what the technical definition of wavy might be.  I guess I'm thinking more stick-straight Marcia Brady type of hair.

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 7:36am
Dave has braid waves in that photo I think.

I'm really interested in this question too, as my hair is quite wavy and I wonder if it will be straighter when it is long.  I know a girl with very long hair and it has a slight wave in it and she said that when hers was shorter, it was as wavy as mine.  Hmmmmm..........

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 5:39pm
Mine got wavier as it grew, peaking at about 26" (that's the length in my avatar).  At 28+ inches it seems to be getting less wavy.  Maybe I just needed a little length for the waves to form.

-------------
2b/F/ii

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:46pm
Yep, Rini is right... those are braid waves in my sig pic.

I think all textures of long hair are gorgeous - from straight to curly and everything in between. 

Posted By: vivek
Date Posted: August 09 2006 at 9:06am
hai anne6000

My hair length is 32 inches and it is now a bit wavy and it was not so when it was in the 20s . I am a guy and i have found that usually women have more waves in their hair than men

Posted By: whhoiskad
Date Posted: August 09 2006 at 2:12pm
I have found that as my hair gets longer it gets wavier! Hurray

-------------
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Print Page | Close Window