Forum Name: 360 Off Topics & Hang Out
Forum Description: Hang Out Topics - Cars, Movies, School, Honies...etc.,
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45557
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 5:54am

Topic: Yo i know dis a off topic but dis is wack
Posted By: hhustla101
Subject: Yo i know dis a off topic but dis is wack
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:24pm
These men have shown that it is socially acceptable to not look like a gang-banger and yet maintain street credibility. You can wear a tee-shirt that’s not XXXXXXL and still be hood. It is more than acceptable to wear a button-up oxford shirt with some nice-fitting jeans like Jay-Z and still rep the streets. Some of these men have made more money than any other artist in the Hip Hop world and have managed to not look like criminals while performing and have earned the respect and admiration of the world.

LET’S MAKE A PLEDGE MY FELLOW n****S, ALL TOGETHER NOW:

-I will no longer wear golf shirts that go below my ass in length.

-I will wear something other than Jeans on occasion. Dress pants will appear in my closet.

-I will wear a shirt that does not have a huge logo advertising the company that made it.

-I will no longer, as a self-respecting human being, wear shorts that are as long as pants and almost reach my shoes.

-My closet will no longer feature any shirts that are larger than XXL.

-I will buy something other than Air Force 1s.

-I will buy a suit and own a tie from this day forth.

-I will not own more than one pair of Timberland Boots (Unless I am a construction worker).

-I am not required by law to only wear RocaWear, Sean John, Phat Farm, ECHO and Enyce clothing.

-I will stop only shopping at Athlete’s World, Foot Locker, the Phat Farm Store and Urban World.

-I will learn to visit The Bay, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess and Mexx and actually make a purchase.

-My winter coat will no longer make me look like the Michelin Tire man. I will drop the puffy coat and purchase a nice wool coat that can be worn to the office and to the club.

-If I wear a picture-tee shirt, it will feature a respectable figure such as Michael Jordan, Martin Luther King Jr or JFK and not LIl’Weezy or Young Jeezy showing off their gold and platinum teeth!

-Finally, my jeans will no longer hang below my ass. The world does not need to see the underwear that I’m wearing.

It is important that we present ourselves to the world as dignified young men and not as shady individuals with criminal intent. The society we live in is already filled with prejudice and hatred for the black man, let’s not give the haters any more reasons to hold us back in our cause and quest to be on level playing field with the white man.

Clothes don’t necessarily make the man, but they do give society a glimpse into the mind of the man wearing them. If you look sloppy, how can you expect the world to take you seriously? You must look like someone who respects himself and who deserves to be respected by others, and by dressing with an "I don’t give a f**k" attitude, you will never earn that respect and will only provide additional ammunition to those who hate you. Besides, unless you’re only interested in hood rats who love thugs, by dressing appropriately and elegantly you will attract the finest women, and if that’s not enough of a motivating factor, then I don’t know what to tell you.

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Replies:
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:25pm
ummm ididnt write dat i found it on dis web site........wat yall think about it

-------------

Posted By: dutchmasterz04
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:02pm

I read it and i agree. I been wit that movement for da last couple months. Ive been wearin my jeans a lot smaller and shirts that fit. No obscene jewelry. The only thing i cant get rid of is my durags i donno i dont feel comfortable witout them. I no longer wear them for fashion but to hold my hair in place. Im jus tryin to cut wearing them outside down.

-------------

Posted By: Frizzle1986
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by hhustla101 hhustla101 wrote:

These men have shown that it is socially acceptable to not look like a gang-banger and yet maintain street credibility. You can wear a tee-shirt that’s not XXXXXXL and still be hood. It is more than acceptable to wear a button-up oxford shirt with some nice-fitting jeans like Jay-Z and still rep the streets. Some of these men have made more money than any other artist in the Hip Hop world and have managed to not look like criminals while performing and have earned the respect and admiration of the world.

LET’S MAKE A PLEDGE MY FELLOW n****S, ALL TOGETHER NOW:

-I will no longer wear golf shirts that go below my ass in length.

-I will wear something other than Jeans on occasion. Dress pants will appear in my closet.

-I will wear a shirt that does not have a huge logo advertising the company that made it.

-I will no longer, as a self-respecting human being, wear shorts that are as long as pants and almost reach my shoes.

-My closet will no longer feature any shirts that are larger than XXL.

-I will buy something other than Air Force 1s.

-I will buy a suit and own a tie from this day forth.

-I will not own more than one pair of Timberland Boots (Unless I am a construction worker).

-I am not required by law to only wear RocaWear, Sean John, Phat Farm, ECHO and Enyce clothing.

-I will stop only shopping at Athlete’s World, Foot Locker, the Phat Farm Store and Urban World.

-I will learn to visit The Bay, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess and Mexx and actually make a purchase.

-My winter coat will no longer make me look like the Michelin Tire man. I will drop the puffy coat and purchase a nice wool coat that can be worn to the office and to the club.

-If I wear a picture-tee shirt, it will feature a respectable figure such as Michael Jordan, Martin Luther King Jr or JFK and not LIl’Weezy or Young Jeezy showing off their gold and platinum teeth!

-Finally, my jeans will no longer hang below my ass. The world does not need to see the underwear that I’m wearing.

It is important that we present ourselves to the world as dignified young men and not as shady individuals with criminal intent. The society we live in is already filled with prejudice and hatred for the black man, let’s not give the haters any more reasons to hold us back in our cause and quest to be on level playing field with the white man.

Clothes don’t necessarily make the man, but they do give society a glimpse into the mind of the man wearing them. If you look sloppy, how can you expect the world to take you seriously? You must look like someone who respects himself and who deserves to be respected by others, and by dressing with an "I don’t give a f**k" attitude, you will never earn that respect and will only provide additional ammunition to those who hate you. Besides, unless you’re only interested in hood rats who love thugs, by dressing appropriately and elegantly you will attract the finest women, and if that’s not enough of a motivating factor, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Dawg, i been like this since last fall. I ditched all that bs baggy ish because i felt it was time to upgrade my wardrobe because i am in college now and i don't wanta be dressin like a lil kid no mo. U know it's time to change yo' wardrobe when lil 13 year old asian kids are rockin the same gear as you.

On the real tho, i don't even shop or wear all that Roca Wear and stuff anymore. I be wearin Lacoste polos and argyles alot and the only jeans i be rockin now have been Diesels, 7s, or just some plain ole 501s. However, i've started buyin more Lrg now because they have more fitted clothes.

Lately tho, i've been gettin sidetracked with the Bapes, Evisus, and Red Monkeys. I have a feelin tho those Red Monkeys will be outta style by next fall because those mugs are too damn expensive and i already see spots in my city where they be sellin bootlegs. I was dumb enuff to get the real thing at Fox Hills but i still regret it till this day. I coulda bought like 3 pairs of shoes wit dat money or maybe and xbox360. hahah.

As for shoes, hah. U got me on dat one. Sorry, i can't get over Air Force 1s. Theyz ma first tru loves. Even over J's and Dunks. But the good news is that i only be gettin rare forces now. No more all whites all the time. And i been kinda gettin into them slipon vans too. i don't even be messin wit Timbs anymore because they don't look good with fitted jeans.

So all in all, i growned out of that thug look and the biggest shirt i wear now be like a 2x. However, i've been knowned to throw on a white tee every once in a while because it's too dam hot to be wearing two layers of clothing.

-------------

Posted By: young_africa
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:07pm
yup  i ditched that 2 years ago. i wear fitted clothing ONLY. i am a grown man i cant be goin to work in a 3 xl white tee and baggy jeans. i stopped that after i graduated highskool.

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:14pm
damn ya wats goin on ......u know da white man tryana keep us down.....

-------------

Posted By: bLaZe332
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:04pm

I for one still wear baggy jeans (sz 36w X 34L to 38w X 34L) and big tee's (no larger than XXL except for jerseys). But there is a way to balance the look so its not sloppy lookin. I've had dozens of compliments fo ma style, by all races black, white, ect. I dont think the way a person dresses should be put into race, anybody can dress any way. Shoes I feel goes with the occasion for examlpe, I would never wear air forces to a wedding or church. As for the jewlery, once again occasion. You wouldn' t wear a huge chain with a tailored suit. 
       To sum this all up, by the way im still in high school, styles depend on the time and place. Once baggy gets old, something new will replace it.(I dont think we need to call it a Gangsta fashion anymore, but a Hip Hop/ Urban fashion). You can wear baggy gear to chill, but still wear a suit to the office nah mean... and remember balance is key. Chuch!

-------------
http://myspace.com/datnigeriann****

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:21am

Originally posted by bLaZe332 bLaZe332 wrote:

I for one still wear baggy jeans (sz 36w X 34L to 38w X 34L) and big tee's (no larger than XXL except for jerseys). But there is a way to balance the look so its not sloppy lookin. I've had dozens of compliments fo ma style, by all races black, white, ect. I dont think the way a person dresses should be put into race, anybody can dress any way. Shoes I feel goes with the occasion for examlpe, I would never wear air forces to a wedding or church. As for the jewlery, once again occasion. You wouldn' t wear a huge chain with a tailored suit. 
       To sum this all up, by the way im still in high school, styles depend on the time and place. Once baggy gets old, something new will replace it.(I dont think we need to call it a Gangsta fashion anymore, but a Hip Hop/ Urban fashion). You can wear baggy gear to chill, but still wear a suit to the office nah mean... and remember balance is key. Chuch!

U definetely right dawg, about the time and place. I mean, if i was still in highschool, i'd probably still be wearin nothin but white tees and baggy jeans with forces or timbs. But i also feel that as i mature mentally, i gotta show it too. I don't wanta be seen a younger person other wise i prolly get treated like one.

No disrespect to anyone who still dresses this way.

PS, i tried to pull that Kanye West preppy ish earlier this year, with the Blazer over the argyle sweater and dress shirt, and some brothas walkin past me in that baggy white tee ish, said out loud" Wake up, Mr. West" from that Kanye West song with Bernie Mac. Instead of gettin angry, i was rollin for a minute because they was right. I was bightin hard dat day with the whole preppy boy ensemble.

-------------

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Frizzle1986 Frizzle1986 wrote:

[QUOTE=hhustla101]damn ya wats goin on ......u know da white man tryana keep us down.....

PS, i tried to pull that Kanye West preppy ish earlier this year, with the Blazer over the argyle sweater and dress shirt, and some brothas walkin past me in that baggy white tee ish, said out loud" Wake up, Mr. West" from that Kanye West song with Bernie Mac. Instead of gettin angry, i was rollin for a minute because they was right. I was bightin hard dat day with the whole preppy boy ensemble.

lol das funny but im still in highschool bout to be a sophmore but i guess dats y i think its wack

-------------

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:54pm
You dont have to dress preppy but jus have it fitted. Baggy clothes are out of style anyway. Unfortunately we get bad looks no matter wat we wear. Cuz i was on da train and i had a full suit on goin to an interview no durag or anything no earring fresh cut. And i was standing behind this white guy and he had his bag all out in front of me. And he kept lookin back at me it seems like he was lookin to make sure i wasnt gona steal anything. I SHOULDVE ROBBED HIS ASS JUS TO PROVE HIM RITE.

-------------

Posted By: TMurda
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 4:35pm

lol that part was funny to me cuz its so true. but yea i agree with a lot of the stuff said in that

Posted By: Spinnin_smoov
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 5:06pm

yo who wears echo and phatpharm anymore...who eva wrote that be around some pop ni99ass

-------------

Im THe ReaSOn urbody gEttin braids

Posted By: Chi-Town_Boy
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:47pm
lol true

-------------
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:32pm

You know when a brand is dying when u see lil 12 year old asian kids rockin dat ish. The final nail in the coffin is when u see 50 year old white guys wearin it. That when it is time to retire tha brand.

Remember Southpole and Fubu?  that was the "ish" back then.

-------------

Posted By: gotwaves740
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:26pm
yea i dont be on that baggy sh*t any more now i rock lacoste, banana republic and abercrombie and fitch with some pumas.  

-------------
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:32pm
I work in abercrombie an fitch i didnt even kno they had hot clothes until i started workin there. I wouldnt have ever shopped there until now

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 1:42pm
yea i got this jacket at home it is hot

http://www.ioffer.com/img/1124348400/_i/7887154/1.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:20pm
Yeah i b buyin stuff from my store. I get a nice lil discount

-------------

Posted By: young_africa
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:21pm
abercrombie, banana repblic ralph lauren, hollister and guess most of my stuff comes from there

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:25pm
i get most of my stuff from ebay since it's a lot cheaper; but you have to watch out for fakes 

-------------

Posted By: MJ Dub
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:40pm
I agree wit about 80% of that stuff

-------------
[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/Rocafela5869/sig.jpg" />ww.myspace.com/mjdub - "Wave" Blog.

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:41pm
whats the other 20 percent lol

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:19pm
I'm jus sayin...I agree wit most of dat stuff but not all of it...like the thing against Air Forces...and shopping at Tommy Hilfiger n stuff.

-------------
[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/Rocafela5869/sig.jpg" />ww.myspace.com/mjdub - "Wave" Blog.

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:26pm
i agree with the air force ones thing, cuz black people should wear other shoes besides air force ones.  but probably not the part about shopping at tommy and the gap

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:49pm
Does anyone here wear Vans? i own a couple of the slip ons. Theyz comfortable and they look fresh if u color coordinate them with a polo.

So atleast i've expanded my horizons.

PS, i don't know about yall, but i am pretty much done with Jordans. I only like the really old ones (like the I's, III's, VII's, and 11's)

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:53pm

Does anyone here wear Vans? i own a couple of the slip ons. Theyz comfortable and they look fresh if u color coordinate them with a polo.

So atleast i've expanded my horizons.

PS, i don't know about yall, but i am pretty much done with Jordans. I only like the really old ones (like the I's, III's, VII's, and 11's)

i'm looking for some slip ons right now so imma check those out.

i've expanded my horizons too cuz now i wear polos, button ups, and t-shirts that fit (i'll start wearing tight ones once i get some more muscle)

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:14pm

Wow n****s is changin right unda ma nose n i aint even notice. Most of yall prolly live in da burbs or upper classmen right? Idk but, I really lyke da baggy look, but i dont over do it. Its baggy but fittin... lol. I rock G-Unit, Ecko, Omavi (ma fav), Throwbacks, Nike, Jordan, Plain t's, and fitteds nigguh... I live in da upper middle burbs.

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:19pm
personally i think girls like the fitted look more than the baggy look...and i live in the suburbs but dudes still dress with baggy clothin

-------------

Posted By: fresh2def
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 11:32pm
im defintly changin my wardrobe a bit.... but u still wont catch me in the gap!what the hell i look like goin in american eagle!! that s**t be huggin me too much any way. a nukkas nuts need circualtion!

-------------
To spin or not to spin...

Posted By: jqrs
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 11:51pm
im too big for stuf like abercrombie and american eagle and brands like that, but believe, ya boi be CLEAN! i'll throw on sum slacks n a button down or polo ne day...but that otha stuff be made for smaller people!

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:37am
o u mean it dont come in ur size

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:41am

yea im 6'2/6'3 235....so those clothes dont fit me all that well

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:38am

Wow n****s is changin right unda ma nose n i aint even notice. Most of yall prolly live in da burbs or upper classmen right? Idk but, I really lyke da baggy look, but i dont over do it. Its baggy but fittin... lol. I rock G-Unit, Ecko, Omavi (ma fav), Throwbacks, Nike, Jordan, Plain t's, and fitteds nigguh... I live in da upper middle burbs.

finally mah dude came to the rescue come on fellows join us lol

-------------

Posted By: T-MAC
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 4:59am
I'm all for lookin clean sometimes, but who ever is wit that need to get right homie and rep.  I don't look like no gangster when I dress but I wear my 3x tall pro clubs with my nice ass sean john pants and always have a pair of air forces in my closet and that's just who I am and I going to chage for the white man.  I know how to dress oppropriatly when that times come, but when I'm wit the homies or whatever you can catch me fitted.  f**k the gap and bananna republic, you can kiss my ass on that.  I'm just letting yall know to not abandon who you are and stay true to yourself.  As there is a time and place to dress nice thats when you do it but don't do it to be more white and if that's not what you think you are doing that is what you are doing.

And I do own a nice as suit and tie.

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:03am
I think that you all are taking this wrong.  If you are not out of high school yet, you may not truely understand where we are coming from. Let me just go ahead and put this information out for you:

WHITE PEOPLE STILL RUN THINGS, WE JUST TRYING TO COME UP!

Majority of all major corporations are run by white men. Us as black men can not sit back and say, "I'm going to stay real, rep my hood, do me" and expect to be a success in life.  I know that everyone doesn't want to be a lawyer, or doctor, or professional like that, and that is fine because other jobs need workers too.  But do not think that you can make your way through life wearing baggy clothes and air force ones.  I am by no means saying all your wardrobe should consist of is dress clothes, but it should be a good mix of both. 

In response to the comment about where you live, that has NOTHING to do with anything... Black people have this image that if they become something with their life, and their homebois dont, they have "sold out".  well i guarantee you that all of your boys might say you sold out or w/e, but would be quick to change places with you.  I had a friend i saw a few days ago that i havent seen since high school grad tell me that he is striving in life to be like me. I dont really see myself as a roll model or anything for real, but that meant alot. he would tell how in school, all other guys would secretly admit they could live their life the way i did.  I think it all goes back to the way you mature and understand how the world really operates and get outside of the little fantasy world that the hood perputrates!

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by jqrs jqrs wrote:

If you are not out of high school yet, you may not truely understand where we are coming from.

Co-Sign

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:21pm
well i'm about to be a sophomore and i still understand that if you dress "black" then white people won't respect you and you won't get a good job

-------------

Posted By: TYPHOONS
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:01pm
i agree but im goin to high school so i got to keepit gangsta but i still got buttons down which i wear when i fell like lookin real fresh and i rock wit some fresh white low air forces but i still mostly rock white tees abd some times blacktees dats me XXXXL cause i stay in da hood and when i be wit my n***as i got to keep it hood and female still feelin da baggy i be wearin my pants half way down my ass but when i get older ima strat rockin dat look more but ia just rock sean johns suits and etc.i dont rock echo,g-unit,phatfarm,fubu dats lil kid ish

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:08pm

I think that you all are taking this wrong.  If you are not out of high school yet, you may not truely understand where we are coming from. Let me just go ahead and put this information out for you:

Majority of all major corporations are run by white men. Us as black men can not sit back and say, "I'm going to stay real, rep my hood, do me" and expect to be a success in life.  I know that everyone doesn't want to be a lawyer, or doctor, or professional like that, and that is fine because other jobs need workers too.  But do not think that you can make your way through life wearing baggy clothes and air force ones.  I am by no means saying all your wardrobe should consist of is dress clothes, but it should be a good mix of both. 

In response to the comment about where you live, that has NOTHING to do with anything... Black people have this image that if they become something with their life, and their homebois dont, they have "sold out".  well i guarantee you that all of your boys might say you sold out or w/e, but would be quick to change places with you.  I had a friend i saw a few days ago that i havent seen since high school grad tell me that he is striving in life to be like me. I dont really see myself as a roll model or anything for real, but that meant alot. he would tell how in school, all other guys would secretly admit they could live their life the way i did.  I think it all goes back to the way you mature and understand how the world really operates and get outside of the little fantasy world that the hood perputrates!

word. College or life after High school be a lot more different then u think for those who are still in High School. Don't be afraid to try new things yall. I mean, if we didn't try new things, peeps would still be rockin gumbi haircuts with skin tight jeans and HIGH top BKs along with loud a$$ Kross Kolour shirts. Expand yall, expand.

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:27pm

word. College or life after High school be a lot more different then u think for those who are still in High School. Don't be afraid to try new things yall. I mean, if we didn't try new things, peeps would still be rockin gumbi haircuts with skin tight jeans and HIGH top BKs along with loud a$$ Kross Kolour shirts. Expand yall, expand.

true dat i totally agree.  most black people today are just stuck in their ways and dont want to try new things.  i personally think that white tees and black tees are for people who cant afford better clothes and thats why i dont rock them outside.

-------------

Posted By: CRidge
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:28pm
i agree wit u all the way jqrs. these yung black brotha will get it one day.

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:29pm
maybe the hard way tho

-------------

Posted By: DatEZkid
Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 6:38pm
I rock polo,7 jeans,true religion,lacoste,AF1,Jordans,Tims,Vans,SB Dunks,Ice Cream,Puma Track Jackets. But most of the time i do da fitted look. Like I wear a polo with sum 7 jeans,and ma ice creams.
 And im kinda done wit Jo's 2 i only like 3 or 4 pairs dats comin out dis year and like 2 of dem came out already.I have pics on ma myspace.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=58223548 - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=58223548

-------------

Myspace.com/cake_and_ice_cr3am

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by T-MAC T-MAC wrote:

I'm all for lookin clean sometimes, but who ever is wit that need to get right homie and rep.  I don't look like no gangster when I dress but I wear my 3x tall pro clubs with my nice ass sean john pants and always have a pair of air forces in my closet and that's just who I am and I going to chage for the white man.  I know how to dress oppropriatly when that times come, but when I'm wit the homies or whatever you can catch me fitted.  f**k the gap and bananna republic, you can kiss my ass on that.  I'm just letting yall know to not abandon who you are and stay true to yourself.  As there is a time and place to dress nice thats when you do it but don't do it to be more white and if that's not what you think you are doing that is what you are doing.

And I do own a nice as suit and tie.

Baggy Brothas STAND UP... lol

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:47pm

ill co-sign i guess

-------------

Date Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by TYPHOONS TYPHOONS wrote:

i agree but im goin to high school so i got to keepit gangsta but i still got buttons down which i wear when i fell like lookin real fresh and i rock wit some fresh white low air forces but i still mostly rock white tees abd some times blacktees dats me XXXXL cause i stay in da hood and when i be wit my n***as i got to keep it hood and female still feelin da baggy i be wearin my pants half way down my ass but when i get older ima strat rockin dat look more but ia just rock sean johns suits and etc.i dont rock echo,g-unit,phatfarm,fubu dats lil kid ish

Damn... u OD'n da style mayne

Oh n hit u ma myspace/datnigeriann****

-------------

Posted By: phlysprts4lfe
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 12:12am
This Topic is aight, I
The whole baggy Look to me aint cool, When i was in 10th grade i started wearing all Black tees white tees and jerbos. I thought it was coo, but one day i woke up and was like WTF am i wearing, Everbody in school was wearing the same sh!t. Even the damm teachers were like we cant tell those kids apart. After that year i went to Polo.com and bought up alot of stuff for the next school year, bought some Diesels people were like u tryin to be white. I was like so u gotta be white to be able towear a Ralph Lauren Button Up.  The thing is most black people let the rappers dictate what they wear, When rappers start wearin whte tees, its all of a sudden cool to wear a white tee 365 days a year. And when u try to break a mold they call u out. this year the same kids that were calling me white were the ones  asking me where I got my Big Pony Polos From, Where I got my Diesels From.

The whole Thing about black people tryin to dress like skateboarders is the same thing like the white tees, They see pahrell start wearin skin tight clothes and the same kids that were wearin 10X white tees are now wearin shirts that dont reach thier belts. wearin chains, vans, aeropastle, abrocombie, bilabong, Volcom, all that ish is just a movement, People just need to become ORIGINAL, just be you.

-------------
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZphlysprts4lfe - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZphlysprts4lfe

Posted By: JordanCollecta
Date Posted: August 12 2006 at 11:42am
totally agreee

-------------
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off

Posted By: BIG-
Date Posted: August 12 2006 at 11:16pm
sometimes i rock tha baggy sometimes i rock the fitted..now i be rockin them polos doin the pretty boi thing when im bored....idk why but the gurls like it

-------------
[IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9080/wezzy4bi4.jpg" />
[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/kekon14/lil-2.jpg" />

Date Posted: August 13 2006 at 2:21pm
And i dont kno bout the vans..i wouldnt try that for myself it just isnt me..and now they do have low cut tim's so u dont gotta be rockin dem heavy as boots lol

-------------

Date Posted: August 14 2006 at 12:00am
I roc wut da gurls lyke lol

-------------

Date Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:58pm
i cosign wit blaze a lil lol

-------------

Posted By: tryin2spin
Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 2:30pm
yo @ yall sayin n****s in highschool dont get it, u dont know what ur talking about.im well aware of these white fashion designers and ish bringin us down, im the mod of the debate/politics forum @ 360waves.net
im only 15 years old and u can go to that site and see some of the heated debates i started.
anyways, i used 2 wear 4x proclubs and shakas, i still cant wear that fitted ambercrombie look though cuz im 6ft 235 pounds but i wear polo's, and button ups on gameday(football) i also have a day a week that me and my friends made up called "don't give a f**k friday" where we come basically lookin like bums and its fun, ill wear a white tee with sum basketball shorts or somethin.

Posted By: Shockwave
Date Posted: October 21 2006 at 3:21pm
My wardrobe consistes mainly on polos and jeans. Thats my casual wear.I do however have 2 suit jackets(Blazers) 6 dress pants and 6 button down shirts. Plo's actually can maintain the cool look as well as to some extent the "prepy" look. They can also be layered for winter time. Oh so useful.

And I never EVER where my du-rag in public. Not even on the basketball court. 

-------------
Aka Doc Shock

Posted By: rlinn
Date Posted: December 18 2006 at 9:33pm
that is deep yet true--youll ghetto azz n****s need to  listen to dat sh!t

Posted By: chrisdog212
Date Posted: December 18 2006 at 10:11pm
ah that sh*t is true
i know i aint full black and im not full white
but this topic should go out to EVERYONE out their
im a sophmore, ill wear some kinna baggy, but not real tight stuff, you know what i mean? cause in my freshmen year i was doin all the same sh*t as yall wearin girbauds white tees and any other tees that matched, but after i finished my freshmen year i though tot myself that i had to start growin up  so i think alot of people should be tryna start this

-------------

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />

Posted By: Don Twista
Date Posted: December 18 2006 at 11:27pm
yo i still b wearin da baggy ish n imma keep wearin da baggy ish...i dun tink u grow out of dat style...derez ppl dat wear baggy clothes cuz dey see sumthin dat dey wanna b  dey stop dressin like dat wen dey realize dey dun wanna b like dat no more..dun say dat dressin baggy is fo kidz cuz it aint...juss cuz it aint work out 4 yall dun mean it aint workin out 4 da rest of us...i respect dat yall dressin proper buh as 4 me imma keep it rocawear, seanjean, akademiks, enyce, Godbody, Avirex...i dun like timz cuz imma up town boy...n i aint feelin air force 1 cuz im tryna break dat mold..da firzst n only pair i ever bought i returned da nex day cuz dey waz 2 played out..buh im still keepin it baggy...38waist 38length baby...n u dun noe im rockin da 5x tees...black tees white tees...i dun wear no1'z face on ma shirt cuz i aint no homo...im tryna stay away from dress shirtz still..rock hoodies EVERYDAY...dun wear no colourz juss straight black n white...favourite shoes b da addidas proshellz...

-------------

Posted By: Lil D.C.
Date Posted: December 19 2006 at 12:53pm
I thought the fitted look was just something happening in D.C. but I see its not.Every body in my school dress this way, well the people who are considered flii do.I can't afford this stuff so I wear shell toes jeans and a white tee shirt every day.Im also 6'2 230 clothes from American Eagle,Abercrombie,and Banana Republic don't really fit me especially the jean all these stores are made for smaller people.

-------------
Meech313 defeated
KingCash-tie rematch soon

Posted By: NewSpinz
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 4:04pm
i jus strted rockin the polos, lacostes, sean john, true religion, neropostale, nd all dat othr "fressh" sh*t lol....its workin out tho...the young ladies see dat sign on ur shirt nd think u got cake son! at least where im at... nd ya it kinda strted in d.c. (where i jus moved from ) but now im in oakland and its alot of thugged out dudes here...so da ladies be on me cuz im diffrent ya know good atemtion if ya know wat i mean lol....ya i wear de occasional ecko r white tee....b ut i jus try 2 look good wen i can....i think all brothas shuld get up on it!

-------------
i get it...

Posted By: ladyflash
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:50pm
I love that this is a discussion amongst young black men. Not too long ago there was a situation in NY where the police were stopping black men in big baggy tees and jeans for line ups because they were looking for a suspect. Now notice, no other features were announced. Just black and baggy. So it is refreshing to know that you guys know no matter who you are if youre dressing this way society is going to feel a certain way about you. It doesn't mean you can't dress this way ( I personally think that thug appeal is sexy) But there is a time and place for EVERYTHING. And if you are hanging out on street corners in the middle of the night with the baggy get up, please think twice (unless you are really out there hustlin like that). This is like asking to be harassed.  
The professional look is fly too. I like a guy that can do both and still be fine either way. Ya know...

-------------
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! http://public.fotki.com/quietladyflash/ - My Fotki Album

Posted By: iwave
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 8:06pm
i luv my AE and DKNY styll....I stopped wearing baggy clothes last year(im in 11th grade now) it just aint who I am. Im more of the preppy/skater person (no little boy shirts and pants tho). My freinds be trippin but i dont care, girls like it (to me thats what matters).

-------------

Posted By: ChristianTN8IS
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 8:50pm
Ha funny u say ur skater Iwave, cuz in ur other pics u kina look like Lupe Fiasco w/ better hair hahaha. 

Ima drop my opinion on this subject.  I rock urbanwear.  Now the argument "When you see 10 year old asian kids rockin ur ish u gotta stop" is wack cuz I see 10 year old asian kids or of ANY race rockin Preppy clothes too.  I gotta be real bout it tho, yall describin the XXL look like it sloppy n thug.  Then u pickin rappers who rep the streets but dress clean.  OKOKok.... for one, ain't a damn thing messy or sloppy bout a clean Big Tee or Polo, matchin some clean kicks, maybe a fitted cap, nice pants.  N the ladies know it.  Now u raggin on sloppy, wth man, why I wanna go to American Eagle n buy some damn shirts that MADE to look dirty or old, or pants with F'n holes in em.  Then walk around wearin flipflops.  Talk bout dirty.  Thaz juz for yall reppin PREP. 
Now yall in the middle, I feel ya a lil bit, when u step into the real world n fittin to work, u gotta keep it professional looking according to your bosses, not your own opinions. (Unless you in the hip-hop industry somehow, Producing, rapping, whatever which is pretty unlikely) Thats all good n real talk right there. 
But I don't see why after work or on the weekends, u cant rock ur AF1s, XXL tees.  I mean if u talkin bout ladies, u get more ladies who like that look and lifestyle if u rockin the bigger ish, or u get more whiter chicks if u rockin the tighter ish.  N BTW ur argument whoever bout Jay-Z is wack, what bout like Rappers who aint "GANGSTA" who rap bout smarter subjects than 24 inch rims n their favorite alcohol, Ima have to point out Talib Kweli to counter your Jay-Z.  So yea, and +, I think the preppy black look is also "just a movement"
BTW, for Halloween I dressed fully preppy, the 1 + for preppy or fitted stuff is if u got a good body u get to show it off more.  Like the ladies didnt even know I had a tight body before that, so thats the + for fitted clothes.  N thats my take.

-------------
http://myspace.com/christianh
http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waves1.jpg">

Posted By: iwave
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 9:05pm
clap... clap. Well written

-------------

Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 9:17pm
ay r ne of yall up on like the ice cream-BBC attire....if so where do u get urs at? i checked da website its like 400-900 bucks....nd i aint bout ta pay a grip 4 sum sh*t dats probly not gon stay in style long....hit me on myspace.com/kingzofremix.....gimme sum music requests to ill post em to my page...

-------------
i get it...

Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 9:19pm
yah i jus recently stopped wearin that kind of stuf also....i feel as u get older u change ur style....like we arent wearin batman teeshirts nd light up shoes nemore r we?? so yah i feel we go frm baggy clothes to fitting clothes cuz were more mature.....

-------------
i get it...

Posted By: chrisdog212
Date Posted: December 21 2006 at 9:20pm

yea some folks be up on tha icecreams and sh*t, but people are prolly gonna start buyin it alot you know? but if u lookin for some its prolly in ur local mall (if you have one) so just go and check up their, but yea they stuff be lookin good, i usually get my clothes from city gear, foot locker, and magic touch and just some random stores if i see some stuff i like

-------------

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />

Posted By: BALLASTATUS
Date Posted: March 06 2007 at 8:03pm

DATS ALL I DO IS SHOP............LIKE A FEMALE

-------------
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2598305240096762599uQqFxO">

Posted By: King Cash
Date Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:20pm
Me too but I go on Ebay for jerseys and fitted caps (that's ALL I wear). I have 31 fitted caps and about 36 jerseys. Fitted are good for when i'm on week 9 of wolfin (w/ a durag on) but if i got a fresh cut, I'll dress up a lil and throw on a button down.

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc

Date Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:53pm
nice dipps bud,,,

-------------
i get it...

Posted By: TrendzSeTTer
Date Posted: March 07 2007 at 2:22am
yall watching artist and crap trying to swagger jack em..

that's y im trendzsetter.. ya dig i do my own thing.. i dont swagger jack other ppl .. if anything they gonna be swagger jackin me

you trying to wear clothes your fav artist wears is played out..

-------------
Wolfin-[June 22-July 22]

My List of Top wavers
1. King Cash
2. Three 6
3. Shockwave

[IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2284/1486445563lmk8no1.jpg" />

Posted By: 25cent
Date Posted: March 18 2007 at 11:21am
Can't they delete these old topics.

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
Thats why they call us black spinnas
[IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1112/5992504781vg1.gif" />
BLACK SPINNAS

Posted By: popsson
Date Posted: March 18 2007 at 11:43am
i live in the south and most the dudes at my school are mad ignorant. they will flame u in a quick second if u come to school in some abercrombie or something of that nature. but i do see polos on the come up.. a couple of n****s at my school rock them sh*ts hard. lacoste too.

Date Posted: March 18 2007 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by 25cent 25cent wrote:

Can't they delete these old topics.
u brung it bak

-------------

Date Posted: March 18 2007 at 7:40pm
............lol and why would they delete them .....its like it goes down in history,,,,or a phone call that is recorded.....WHY? so u can go bak to em and get ur questions answered and not have to post the same question ova and ova

-------------
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2598305240096762599uQqFxO">

Posted By: 25cent
Date Posted: March 19 2007 at 7:38pm
Damn Balla okay.

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
Thats why they call us black spinnas
[IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1112/5992504781vg1.gif" />
BLACK SPINNAS

Date Posted: March 19 2007 at 7:43pm