Forum Name: Diet Days
Forum Description: A place for sharing ideas, tips and our daily struggles
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45567
Printed Date: March 18 2024 at 9:17pm

Topic: Running ?
Posted By: Precious Girl
Subject: Running ?
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:48pm
I hate running because I can't stand the out of breath feeling but I do need to do some cardio. Do you always get out of breath even when you are in shape or is it something you feel in the begiining?

Replies:
Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:53pm
Oh, I love running!  However, it's vital that you warm-up.  Don't start running fast at all.  Just jog very slowly until you've warmed up (~10 to 15 minutes, depending), then you can increase your speed.  When you are in the target range for your heartrate, you should be able to run and hold a conversation at the same time.  If you can't, then you need to slow down.  Of course, in the beginning, if you're not used to exercise, it will take a little while to get your heart and lungs accustomed to an aerobic workout, but it's definitely worth it for your body (assuming that you have medical approval to run and all of that).  After awhile, you may even experience a runner's high, which is just euphoric. 

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:07am

I would like to exerscies but I have this thing. I cannot exercise in front of people! I can't even hit a punching bag on the porch with my parents sitting in chairs in the living room. I also am not allowed to run on our road by myself. We have a treadmill but I hate running on it since I have to do it with people watching.

Posted By: tanjuska
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:42am
staying out of breath... happens mostly at the begininig, but also later (if running to fast...)
maybe you could start with fast walking...i suggest walking uphill, but walk fast - for a start fats walking is great cardio, and then you could switch to running.

-------------
http://www.topbeautycare.com - BEST BEAUTY AND FASHION FORUMS

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:23pm
Walking is just as effective as running when it comes to burning fat and overall cardiovascular health (it just takes much longer to walk than run and I'm impatient! )
You can start with a walk-run combo: walk 100 yards, run 100 yards, etc. If you find that you are not bit by the running bug, what about biking?

-------------
Follow Your Bliss

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:06pm
I agree that walking would be a great way to exercise.  That way, you could probably exercise with your mom or dad, as well, except that it wouldn't appear that you're exercising.  You're just talking a walk!

Also, surely your entire family isn't sitting by the treadmill at all hours of the day?  Just choose a time (maybe early morning before anyone else gets up) when others aren't around, and you can have all the privacy you want. 

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 11:27pm
I do take walks with my mom. We take our dog. It's just not enough though. I can walk on the tredmill with people in the house but I can't run. I feel like I look stupid. I can't do it before people wake up because the tredmill is right beside my parents bedroom. Also the place where the tredmill is, is only about ten feet from the living room and you can see right into there from the living room chairs.

Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:34pm
You don't have to run. Just walk briskly. You will get faster and faster. My mom started walking and within 3 months all her celulite was gone, and she had tons of it. Her legs were nice and difined and she looked great. After you build some resistance you can add ankle and/or wrist weights and will get even better results.

Posted By: Heavenseventeen
Date Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:36am
I'm just like you. I don't want to exercise when people are there. Maybe tell your parents you feel uncomfortable- they'll understand. But sometimes they do walk in, and I just continue...I now feel comfortable doing that.

-------------
Dance? I Am! And I'm Flying Too...

Posted By: rubertnrubert
Date Posted: July 26 2011 at 5:30pm
I like to run but not more because after some I will tried and can not run. running is good for health. I gives all movement to body parts. It is also helpful for cardiac people.

-------------

Posted By: weioqwea
Date Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:10pm
Running is a best exercise for health. I am  also do regular running exercise. It is the way to reduce weight loss. It also good for lags exercise.

-------------

Posted By: ryhangill
Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 1:41am
Every runner and jogger get benefits by doing running. Running is effective and beneficial for the health. Running slow down aging, reduce weight, build muscles, strengthens heart and lungs, strengthens bones and many more.

-------------

Posted By: shanwallan
Date Posted: August 23 2011 at 11:33am
Running is an activity to burn fat, maintain a high metabolism. It can reduce the risk of heart attack by consolidating the heart and lower blood pressure.

-------------

Posted By: jennyhomess
Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 1:58pm
Running is the best exercise as compare to other exercise. I have to say that it is very helpful to reduce the weight and keep your body in shape. It is very useful to keep you healthier.

-------------

Posted By: aftonheaven
Date Posted: September 05 2011 at 11:53am
Running helps heart stay healthy. To maintain the heart rate and heart function, is correct. In operation, a heart rate increase. This growth to ensure proper blood circulation throughout the body.

-------------

Posted By: jamesajack
Date Posted: September 08 2011 at 12:43pm
Running is very beneficial for health. It increase the stamina of body and it is better and more effective than any other exercise. It is very beneficial because due to this the heat inside the body releases through sweating.

-------------

Posted By: richarnrich
Date Posted: October 15 2011 at 6:07am
I like to run but not more because after some  It is also helpful for cardiac people. I will tried and can not run. running is good for health. I gives all movement to body parts.

-------------

Posted By: justtinmethew
Date Posted: October 23 2011 at 10:11am
Running is a cardio exercise and is good for the health as well as for the fitness of the body. Normal running lead to healthy heart, good posture, physical fitness and many more.

-------------

Posted By: johnpedro
Date Posted: October 24 2011 at 5:42pm

I would like to exercises but I accept this thing. I cannot exercise in foreground of people! I can't even hit a punching bag on the balustrade with my parents sitting in chairs in the active room. I as well am not accustomed to run on our alley by myself. We accept a treadmill but I abhorrence active on it back I accept to do it with humans watching.

-------------

Posted By: monicawebb
Date Posted: November 17 2011 at 4:30pm
When i first started running i found that i was out of breath really quickly, but it's definately got easier! You just have to stick through the tough bit :)

Posted By: iannhealy
Date Posted: November 24 2011 at 2:51pm
Running is one of the best way for losing weight and it is prefer by majority number of people and it is very effective than any other way for losing weight.

-------------

Posted By: Charlesadler
Date Posted: March 05 2012 at 11:30am
Running is good to get a well body fitness. This is easy way for exercise. Almost person are able to easy do running. It is helpful to burn our unneeded  fat. Old age person are prefer to fast walking. It's well to pretect our body in various types of daises.

-------------

Posted By: Edric
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 2:16pm
Running is very much advantageous to the person. It is very much important to increase the stamina of the human body. It is also very much important to be fresh in the environment.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window