Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45571
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 3:24pm

Topic: Question about pomade and losing hair
Posted By: Frizzle1986
Subject: Question about pomade and losing hair
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:30am

So i cut my hair about 2 weaks ago because i felt that my barber cut my hair unevenly and some parts of my hair were longer and thicker. So i had him cut my hair down to like a 2. fast forward two weeks later, and i still see some thinned out hair on the back of my head and on my forhead. IF this was caused by Pomade sufficating my follicles and not by genetics, does this mean my hair will eventually grow back on these trouble spots? or is it a wrap for those areas of my hair?

This is what prompt me to invest in some doo gro super thick and i haven't used ANY pomades for the past 2 weeks. Nothin but shampoo and pink lotion on my hair. Oh, and some doogro now.

PS, ima get it cut again tomorrow because my hair is pretty trained already and my ish is gettin to big. Should i go wit a WTG or a ATG because i heard ATG gives u more of an even cut but WTG maintains yo' waves better.

Hit me up.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: T5UNAM!
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:24am
well...1st of all...if u dnt wnt your hair to keep thinning just use natural products...Pink Lotion is not natural and goes straight to your scalp unlike carrot creame or indian hemp and all thoze otha moisturizers.  I dnt thnk dat ur hair gonna stay like dat 4 ever but it looks like u got doze waves already so in my opinion juss use dat doo grow and a brush and ull be fine. o and get a WTG #2 ...keep ur waves lookin good
stay up

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by T5UNAM! T5UNAM! wrote:

well...1st of all...if u dnt wnt your hair to keep thinning just use natural products...Pink Lotion is not natural and goes straight to your scalp unlike carrot creame or indian hemp and all thoze otha moisturizers.  I dnt thnk dat ur hair gonna stay like dat 4 ever but it looks like u got doze waves already so in my opinion juss use dat doo grow and a brush and ull be fine. o and get a WTG #2 ...keep ur waves lookin good
stay up

Alright then, so i guess that carrot cream is the truth. Ima cop some today and see whats up. Can i still continue to wear both Carrot cream and Doo Gro?  Doo Gro be kinda thick already na mean.

Thanx for the feedback.

-------------

Posted By: T5UNAM!
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:54pm
u can still use the doo grow but not alot probably like every other 2 days apply doo grow on da spots dat really need it..do dat and ull be fine
stay up

Posted By: WaVeGaMe
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 1:14pm
yeah i say use carrot creme once a day and doo gro about every 3 days since its mega thick that u have, and as far as the haircut, since u said its kinda thinned, i would either wait a lil longer and than get a #2 wtg, but if u really wanna cut it tomorrow i say a #3 agt for your thinned hair, and keeping ur waves pretty hot

Posted By: NDATRAP
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:01pm
atg gives u closer cut ya dig

-------------
ALL I HAVE N THIS WORLD IZ MY WAVES N MY WORD N I BREAK THEM 4 NO ONE

Posted By: Stylez D
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:01pm
i dunno if pomade b thinnin ur hair but my pops said pomade lead 2 his hair loss but it could just b in my fam

-------------

Respect It OR Check It

Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:34pm
So bottomline...Pink Lotion and Pomades are No-No's for life If i want to keep my hair?

-------------

Posted By: jqrs
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 12:56am
that aint true....they wont mess ur hair up for life...some folks on here just dont kno what the hell they be talkin bout half the time...products like carrot creme and olive crem have lots of vitamins in them so they are BETTER for ur hair over the coarse of ur life...but using pomades not gon make ur hair fall out or nothin man

-------------

Posted By: CRidge
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:04am
yall tripin bruh. U can use pomades and pink lotion. Jus use them when
need be. Dont over do it. To much of anything can be bad for ya. Use common sense bruh and ull be alrite

-------------

Print Page | Close Window