Print Page | Close Window

Long hair styles for men

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45579
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:25am

Topic: Long hair styles for men
Posted By: vivek
Subject: Long hair styles for men
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:18pm
I am a guy with long hair - around 32 inches. I am interested in knowing the forums opinion on styles of wearing long hair for men. It will be very useful for me. As of know, i wear plaits or simple buns at the top when iam in office or i let it loose when iam in home.

I would like to have forums views

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:07am
From what I see around, most long haired men only wear down, a ponytail in the back, or in one braid, but I think you should wear it anyway that you like  and feel comfortable in.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: whhoiskad
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:24am

Hi Vivek

There doesnt seem to be many articles on mens styling and dressing long hair, which is a shame!
I agree with susan w though what ever you feel comfy and confident in
Any ideas Dave?

-------------
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by whhoiskad whhoiskad wrote:

Hi Vivek

There doesnt seem to be many articles on mens styling and dressing long hair, which is a shame!
I agree with susan w though what ever you feel comfy and confident in
Any ideas Dave?

Hi Kate, and Vivek,

There seems to be several issues at play here:  the complete variety of long hairstyles known to humankind (a huge variety!), and the societal acceptability of any given style to males.  My take is: if you want to do something, and have the confidence to do so, then you've got nothing holding you back.  I have let nothing and nobody stop me from growing my hair as long as it possibly could.  And, I wear my hair in the styles I want to.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window