Print Page | Close Window

Goal length

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45594
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 11:25pm

Topic: Goal length
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: Goal length
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 5:54pm
Miriam ( for future reference my daughter ) is currently growing her locks ou to fingertip length her intermediate goals are BSL, waist, tailbone, & classic. I was just wondering how long would ya'll grow your hair( Miri's goal is one long braid) and what in your opinion's are the best things for your hair??

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by SugarCube SugarCube wrote:

Miriam ( for future reference my daughter ) is currently growing her locks ou to fingertip length her intermediate goals are BSL, waist, tailbone, & classic. I was just wondering how long would ya'll grow your hair( Miri's goal is one long braid) and what in your opinion's are the best things for your hair??

How long would I grow my hair?  I suppose there is no limit to the length, depending on the circomestances.  Although I love ultra long hair on a lot of people, I probably won't grow mine that long.

The best thing for my hair is keeping a good distance between me and any stylist who thinks most women should wear short hair. 

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:14am
Mid thigh length is the max for me.  I greatly respect everyone who has the patience for longer than that, but I don't think that's going to be me.  I guess I'll see when I get there. 

Best things as in hair products, or hair accessories?  I have a hair safe website in my signature if you need to make some hair safe accessories.  Products though, I don't think I know 2 people here who use all the same products!  They are a very individual choice for what works best on your hair.  Are you growing yours out too, or only your daughter?

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: July 26 2006 at 3:41pm
for Miri the best thing for her hair are braids and updos.
also turning a deaf ear on anyone who discourages her to grow her hair long

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:34pm
Hi Sugarcube,

How long would I grow my hair?  The answer is contained within my signature picture.

The best thing to preserve the condition of long hair is gentle care (rule number one!).  Consider the stresses to your tresses when doing such things as cleaning and straightening it... and the things which tangle it, and what things can be done to reduce or eliminate tangles -- the braid & bun suggestions you offer are excellent in that regard.

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: August 05 2006 at 2:17pm
I am at just about 30" and loving it the longer the better.  I'm thinking another foot although seeing Dave and Longhaired 1 gets me thinking of the super length.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: August 05 2006 at 9:58pm
Well, my goal length has no limit. I am just going to let it grow with a few trims every now and then.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: August 06 2006 at 4:46am
My goal length is to be able to sit on it. After that I'll decide whether I want to cut it to hip length or grow it even longer.

Right now it's an inch or two past bsl.

Posted By: chitraa
Date Posted: January 09 2007 at 8:29pm
hi,
growing hair , better to keep it really long, say thigh/calf/knee length.

Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: January 10 2007 at 12:27am
I don't know exactly how long I will let it get. I know my goal right now is to reach my tailbone.
AS far as what to use, gentle shampoos, if any, condition, condition, and condition. Vitamins are a must. A diet high in protein will help to.As well as salmon oils( or fish oil) or flax oils. 

Alisa06 

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: January 13 2007 at 1:02pm
my goal length  to get is lower back.  currently at BSL

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: curlylocke
Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:17am
barring any possible terminal length issues, i'd love to grow my hair down to my lower back/tailbone area.

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 1:23pm

My goal is to make it look tailbone length without pulling it straight.  That means about 3-4 inches to go.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:16pm
Hairbraider-
Wow!!! 3-4 inches!!! Good for you. Do have a current picture? I have to say that I am a little envious, but in agood way.Wink

Alisa06

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:30pm

You can see pics of my growth journey on http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - my hair space .  Most recent pics are from last summer.  It still looks close to that now.  (my avatar pic is from '05)

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:47pm
Hairbraider, it is so beautiful! My curl shape is almost the same as yours.I have a layer on the top that goes almost straight , though. It drives me nuts! 

Alisa06

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:54pm
Embarrassed Thanks Alisa!  I do have to try hard to keep the top layer of hair from going straight.  I think that's something most curlies experience because it's the most exposed part.

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Date Posted: January 18 2007 at 6:46pm
Interesting... I am going to try the lime juice you mentioned before. I have noticed that the more I do n ot brush, the curlier it gets.

Alisa06

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: lola32
Date Posted: March 04 2007 at 10:33pm
I want to grow my hair up to my waist first  after that I don' know. I barly have it bsl. :( I get so jealous when I see girls with long hair. Confused

Date Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:35am
Is it me, or is long hair coming "back "? Mabye it is just were I live, but the past few months I am seeing more and more young girls/ teenagers with pretty long hair. Some with hair to their waist. IMO, it is about time! he he 

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:30pm
I think it is coming back. I see a lot of girls at my school with extensions. I always thought long hair was sooo pretty and still do .

-------------

Date Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Is it me, or is long hair coming "back "? Maybe it is just were I live, but the past few months I am seeing more and more young girls/ teenagers with pretty long hair. Some with hair to their waist. IMO, it is about time! he he 

Hallelujah, sing it, sister! Big%20smile

From what I've seen around here, hair that is at least shoulder-blade length seems to be quite popular, with longer lengths (to hip-length) not uncommon.

Posted By: juliap
Date Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:01pm
I want a little longer then midback length.  That would be sooo pretty.

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 10:46pm
I do see a come back of long hair.  The style has been so short for so long, it's nice to see.

I'm at tailbone length, and like Hellfrozeover, I want to be able to sit on it.  So, maybe five or six inches (considering MY butt LOL)

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 10:52pm
I had a cousin who was able to sit on it and she cut it a little over her bra strap. Her parents never took her to get a hair cut up until now that she is 17. I asked her if she missed her hair and she said no . oh my gosh gypsy doll im soo jealous of your hair length . I'm trying to do all these things to at least grow it to my waist. I doubt it will grow longer because of genes. my mothers hair doesnt grow much . it grows a little over her shoulders .

-------------

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 8:25am

My current goal is to my tail bone. It was to my waist before it got cut, and let  me tell you, i miss it sooooo much. My six year old daughter wants to grow hers to her knees!Thumbs%20UpI figure that if I started teaching her how to take care of it now, buy the time it gets longer, she will know how to take care of it. It is just past her shoulders now.

I keep seeing long hair on younger girls, ( well teenaged). And from what I am seeing, it looks like they are taking care of it to. I have been, " out of style"for so long it feels kind of funny to have any "in" style.
  I am the only girl of 5 kids, and all of my brothers have stated at one time or another, that they really love long hair. I have been told that they talk about my hair when I am not around. In fact, I saw them right after it got cut, and two actually made discusted looking faces when they saw it. My husband loves long hair also. I mention this because, I wonder if men expresing themselves more about long hair has anything to do with the current trend? 

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 10:52am
That's great that you're teaching her now!  I wish my mom had known these things so she could've taught me.  There's no telling where my hair would be now if I'd started truly caring for it 20 years ago! lol

Smile I have one more brother and one more sister than you do.  And all 5 of my brothers love long hair!  Especially the 3 youngest.  I attribute that to the fact that the younger ones had 3 long-haired "mama's" (mom, me, and my sister) taking care of them all the time.... lots of long hair to get their little fingers tangled in.  One would actually grab a handful of hair before sucking his thumb, like a security blanket.

Anyway, yeah it seems like men are getting more bold about expressing their love of long hair on women.  But I really don't know if it has anything to do with the current trend.  From my experience, the women/girls still have the attitude of "I don't care what he says, I'll do it the way I want."  But the celebrities seem to have finally grasped the idea of long hair being so incredibly alluring.  And the girls are just following them.  That's my 2 cents.

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:06pm
Yah, good point. Girls do deffinetly follow the celebs. We kids used to twirl my hair between their fingers while nursing. I have a 10 & 8 year old sons and they both said they did not like my hair shorter.

I ment to say that "MY" kids used to twirl my hair between their fingers while nursing. Oops! Embarrassed

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:35pm
Yes, I think guys love girls with long hair. This is one of the main reasons why I'm letting my hair grow because of my boyfriend.

-------------

Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:51pm
I'm excited Tonguei just measured my hair and its 25 inches Clap I just need 6 more inches for it to reach my waist ! I don't know if I measure it correctly but I think I did . So yay 6 more inches.

-------------

Posted By: ChocoholicBec
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:07am
How long do I want to get it? As long as I can! At the moment, when it's dry, it's about an inch below the bottom of my bra strap. Wet, it's almost down to my waist! (And about time too, I've been growing it from shoulder-length since I was twelve...) I'm hoping to get it at least to my hips, if not longer.
It's about twenty-five inches when dry (as of March 10, 2007), if you wanted to know.

By the way, I don't think long hair's coming back at all where I live... it's unfortunate. Almost everyone's hair is shoulder-length or shorter.

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:37am
I had mine a little below waist-length for a short time. It annoyed me when it would accidentally get tucked in my pants, etc.. It just seemed to get caught on more things at that length. So above waist-length seems to work best for me.

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Sunsailing Sunsailing wrote:

I had mine a little below waist-length for a short time. It annoyed me when it would accidentally get tucked in my pants, etc.. It just seemed to get caught on more things at that length. So above waist-length seems to work best for me.
My sister-in-law said the same thing.  She said she'd never grow her hair longer than waist.  She kept it that length (just above waist) all while we were teenagers, but has now cut it up to a shoulder-length flip. Unhappy

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:04am
yeah like almost everybody has long hair or hair at least to their shoulder only a few people have hair in a bob and they don't get many hair compliments oh and lola your hair is gorgeous

-------------

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 7:45pm
Thank you SugarCube Smile.

-------------

Posted By: xBritxBratx93x
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 5:38pm
I agree with most here. I think girls are starting to like the long hair trend or at least they are trying to grow it out.

Most girls at my school have longer hair, I think the longest is my friend Makayln and she has to her lower back almost waist lenght.

I love that its coming back!

Mine is maybe a half and inch or and inch longer than Lola32's so have about the same amount to go as you Lola!

Date Posted: March 15 2007 at 2:30pm

I hope everyone is having success with their hair goals and my new goal is waist length only. i couldn't handle it after that though i admire those who can

-------------

Date Posted: March 16 2007 at 2:14pm
I am hoping to have waist length hair by August of this year. Right now my hair is about 25.5" or so. I want to have that length for the beach...I hope I can do it!

Date Posted: March 26 2007 at 1:10am
i measured my hair and its 25.5 . I dont know if its from HF37 or not. I really don't like the length of my hair. I hope that HF37 will help it grow faster because I'm getting a little impatient. I get impatient because I see all these girls with beautiful long hair . oh well .

-------------

Posted By: Army Girl
Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 9:22am
Knee length and beyond!!!  I know that is years from now but I am determined.  OK so I need some advice....should I get trims??

-------------
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avatarjs4.jpg">

Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 10:51am
Ok guys I must have measured wrong because now it's saying my length is 27"!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up though.

Lola I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I see a girl or guy with long hair it just makes me so jealous. But the way I think of it is...in a few years we will be one of them!

Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 11:36am
27! congratulations ! youre getting closer to the length you want. my hair is a little over 26 inches. yes we will be one of them in a couple of years.

Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 7:31pm
WOOHOO! GO LOLA! lol.

*Does happy dance*

We should be proud of ourselves.

Date Posted: April 01 2007 at 3:05pm
Big%20smilelol. yea. Your hair grew faster then mine . what did you do ?

Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 11:35am
Lori,
Unless your hair is vey damaged, I would not trim much more than  1/4 of an inch every three months or so, or you could be trimming of  any new growth you have.

I just measured my hair, and is is at a little over 32 inches in the back, and It is till messy from sleeping . It has  been a little over a month since the last time I measured, when it was at 30. If I could only remember to take my HF37 regularly. It is growing pretty fast as it is with missing a day here and there. I could just imagine how it would be growing if I took it properly. I guess I just get overwhelmed with pills, as I take  alot of supplements.I am going to try to do it right from now on .

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 9:35pm
I really have no clue what I did, I think it was more of just measuring wrong. The only thing I have been doing is taking boitin, multi vitamins, and using HF37. Amazing really.

Date Posted: April 04 2007 at 11:46am
The combination of supplements you are taking is a good one. they will help tremendously with your growth.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: April 06 2007 at 7:13am

Originally posted by xBritxBratx93x xBritxBratx93x wrote:

I really have no clue what I did, I think it was more of just measuring wrong. The only thing I have been doing is taking boitin, multi vitamins, and using HF37. Amazing really.

How long before you noticed the increase in growth?  I have started taking Hairtopia for the last week.  They are great vitamins! 

-------------
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead

Date Posted: April 07 2007 at 7:44pm
I noticed the 4th week probably. I heard hairtopia is just as good (maybe even better) than HF37.

Hope you get the results your looking for!

Date Posted: April 08 2007 at 11:17am
Brit,

OK, Thanks.  I keep taking and measuring.  I *have* noticed my skin looks and feels great.  My hair is softer....  but I have changed up a few other things so I could attribute the hair softness to clarifying, new 'poo and condish.

-------------
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead

Date Posted: April 29 2007 at 9:46pm
I had to cut my hair because of the V shape. It was bugging me . I was afraid to measure my hair because it looks noticeably shorter. My hair measures 24 inches. 6 more inches until I reach my goal :)

Date Posted: April 30 2007 at 2:01pm
well at least you are still in the BSL range, I have been a little lazy these past few weeks so I don't think I have any change..haha.

Posted By: ChocoholicBec
Date Posted: May 01 2007 at 4:36am
My hair is now 27 inches, it grew a whole inch since the beginning of April! (That's twice as much as it normally grows) YES!

My only worry is that I found a couple of split ends, but only in the spot where I used to put my hair in a ponytail with one of those cloth-covered rubber band ponytail holders, none on the ends. I've been using a scrunchie (one of those thick cloth ponytail holders) for a while now, and I haven't got any more split ends. I did a search-and-destroy last week, and my hair's looking a lot better. I'm just so worried that my hair will get more split ends.

I'm also really glad I didn't do a dramatic hair-cut about a month ago, when I was getting a little bit bored with my hair, because it's nearly waist-length now and it looks so thick and healthy and gorgeous.

I'd love to take the Hairtopia or HF37 vitamins, but I don't know if I can get them where I live (Australia) and I doubt my parents would let me anyway.

Another three inches and I'll have reached my first goal length! I'm not going to cut it once it reaches 30 inches, but I'll take myself out for a milkshake to celebrate, with my hair down for once!

*Dances*

Date Posted: May 14 2007 at 4:28pm
I thought I got rid of the V but I just took a picture and its the same :( My hair measures 25 inches now :) I'm going to start taking mulit-vitamins and B-12 hopefully that helps. I'm still aiming for wasist length hair.

Posted By: Sarsvati
Date Posted: May 16 2007 at 3:33pm
lola  I looove V-shaped hair. especially if it's really long (like hip lenght) because then it doesn't look like you're wearing a cape or something: it looks fairytale without the jagged split-end look.

Right now my hair is waistlength at 31.5in. I'm growing it to classic because that lenght seems very regal and goddess-like and that's the longest I think I'll ever want it.  And maybe it'll cover my big butt! If I don't like it that long I'll probably cut it back to tailbone or hip, but def. no shorter than waist.
I've always loved long hair, but I never really grew mine out because I'm a perfectionist and didn't want any split ends. SO I would get it cut every 2mo like they tell you to at the salon and it never grew very long. THen I realized, that it's alright (and almost impossible not to) to have some split ends as long as I take care of my hair and it stills looks nice and not ratty. So I said *&#@ it, I'm not going to trim it and now it's waist length and still just as beautiful and healthy looking.

-------------
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51616 - No 'Poo or Condish Experiment

Date Posted: May 16 2007 at 7:12pm
mmm... Ive never thought about it that way . You made it sound so lovely that it honestly doesnt bug me anymore. I think Im going to do the same thing as you Sarsvati Im going to trim it myself. I keep going to the salon because i see all these split ends. Good luck on growing your hair :)

Date Posted: May 16 2007 at 8:09pm
my hair seems it hasn't grown much since my last post...I been getting bored with it. I think I need a trim...I don't know...lifes been so busy that I dont' have time to care anymore.

Date Posted: May 17 2007 at 10:08pm

my hair seems it hasn't grown much since my last post...I been getting bored with it. I think I need a trim...I don't know...lifes been so busy that I dont' have time to care anymore.

If you have some time, try various updos.  And while it's up, just forget about your hair (and do what you have to do during the day).

I think your hair is growing at the average rate.  Mine does, too.  And mine got kinda long, after enough time. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 18 2007 at 1:34am

I regret getting a trim . My hair would have been 3 inches closer to my goal if I wouldnt have trimmed it. Think about it . They always hack off a couple of inches.

Date Posted: May 19 2007 at 4:11pm
Thanks Dave and Lola!

I haven't gotten a trim yet...so maybe I won't until I really need it.

I have been having some really bad dandruff lately, so I am going to have to soak my hair in selsun blue for the next few weeks..does anyone know if selsun blue is bad for your hair?

Oh, and I had a big scare the other day. Apparently a girl at our school had lice and I sit right in front of her...thank god I don't have lice. I made the nurses check my head again, and my mom checked it at least 5 times last night after I got home from school.

I am offically obsessed...

Date Posted: May 19 2007 at 6:10pm
oh my gosh Brit that is horrible. How did you find out ? I would be mortified if everyone knew I had lice. I always try to wear my hair up because I'm scared of getting lice.

Date Posted: May 19 2007 at 7:22pm

I have been having some really bad dandruff lately, so I am going to have to soak my hair in selsun blue for the next few weeks..does anyone know if selsun blue is bad for your hair?

Don't soak your hair in selsun blue.  Apply this stuff at the roots only, massage well, then rinse out.

I don't know about your tap water quality, but if it's hard (slightly alkaline), you may benefit from a diluted vinegar rinse.  I use 1-2 tbsp in 16 ounces of water and pour it slowly onto my scalp after rinsing out the conditioner.  This helps restore a slightly acidic pH to the scalp, and may help reduce scalp itchiness and flakiness.

Hope this helps! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2007 at 6:52pm
Thanks Dave I will more than likely try the Selsun blue and then if that doesn't do any justice I will do the diluted vinegar rinse....thanks again.

Lola-Well, I had heard some people talking about it, but I just ignored it. Then I went down to the nurses office to get some tylenol because I was having a really bad headache and I overheard them talking with her and her mother. It's sad really because she had some beautiful, long, curly blonde hair.

Posted By: silvergirl
Date Posted: June 11 2007 at 4:03am
my goal is classic length.. i have along ways to go.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/louisvuittongurl/ - http://public.fotki.com/louisvuittongurl/
[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/emgurl1234/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg" />

Date Posted: August 03 2007 at 1:08pm
my goal is 30 inches. I have 4 more inches to go . yay. my hair is taking forever to grow :S . i dont know what to do .

Posted By: tomorrowperfume
Date Posted: August 03 2007 at 5:02pm

I'm at about 30 inches, but it only ended up this long because about three years ago I got sick of my long hair and chopped it off at the ponytail. After that, I just stopped getting it cut. Then, about two months ago, I looked in the mirror and realized that I finally have long hair! Almost waist length, actually. What length is classic?

-------------
30 inches; 2a/M/iii

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: August 04 2007 at 10:17am
as long as it will grow knee or longer floor.

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Posted By: tani-lai
Date Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:56am
My goal length is classic--I measured, and that will be about 46 inches for me!  I still have a ways to go...

-------------

31"!!

Posted By: BlackLace
Date Posted: August 10 2007 at 2:52am
I had a mishap at the hairdressers about 3 years ago where he cut my BSL hair up to my chin when I wanted a trim. I was so devasted. From then on I vowed to grow it long because I alwats wanted long hair. Fast forward three years and I've reached beyond my goal length without even realizing it, mid-back. Now that I've reached a bit more than my goal length, I want to grow it even longer. I'm not sure how much longer though because it seems everytime I reach a new length I only want more lol. I guess I'll just play it by ear. Don't think I'll ever want to go past waist length though. It's not for me.

Date Posted: September 28 2007 at 10:38pm

I got a haircut today Confused .I asked for a trim and they ended up cutting three inches! grrr... Im kind of mad because my hair takes forever to grow , but I'm happy because they cut the v off and made it blunt. I guess its good that I did , right? I was getting tired of that sharp V.

Date Posted: September 29 2007 at 4:52am
Lola! Sorry to hear they trimmed off more than you had asked. Ouch On the plus side, you were tired of the sharp V "hem" line.  It all gets better from here.  And good luck on your search for a respectful stylist -- I know it isn't easy to find a good one.

-------------

Date Posted: September 29 2007 at 10:45am
My sister-in-law keeps trieing to tell me to try her stylist. She swears up and down that she won't " butcher"  my hair. A mom in my preschool this year is a stylist, and from what I have heard, she is really good. They just moved here from the next big city, but people have gone to her salon, so she has gotten quite a good rep.
 I just have had so many of them tell me how they understand what I want and how I am nervous because I don't want very much taken off, .... just to have them decide what is best for my hair, and cut anywhere fro 3 to ( the last go around) 8-12 inches off!Angry
 I would absolutly love to find one that I could trust. It would save me soooo much time triming my own hair. But...my hair is now at 35 in, and how does one decide weather the new stylist can be trusted or not, And do I really want to bet with my hair? Just some thoughts that have been going through my head latley.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: Dark40
Date Posted: November 11 2010 at 12:47pm
My goal length is to the floor.

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Posted By: thart
Date Posted: November 11 2010 at 2:38pm
I love this post. I hope to grow my hair to my butt so I have to move it when I sit down. I cannot wait

-------------

Posted By: cwa14n3b
Date Posted: November 11 2010 at 7:48pm
Remember the barber/stylist makes money cutting long hair short. Be firm state you want 1/2" off the ends, not say, "Not too short" or " just make it look pretty". You give them permission to chop your hair! The client PAYS their salary. Their have a license to cut hair. Like getting your 1st learners permit upgraded to solo. It is not a Professional University degree like an Civil Engineer, Military Officer or Medical Doctor. It is a vocation technology degree. Not that they cannot do a great job of taking care of your hair, but they sell HAIRCUTS, PERMS and COLOR JOBS! Long hair care is NOT a core competency! It is not a money maker. A good person will honor you as a person and do no harm. But they are not trained to be your long hair care professional. They practice and learn to cut hair SHORT! That is what they are told to push and sell. It makes them more money. Telling your barber you want to grow your hair really long is a challenge for them to explain why they bobbed your mid back hair when you asked for a 1/2 inch trim. "OOPS, I cut it short by MISTAKE" with an evil laugh. "OOPS" I keyed you new car, told your boyfriend that you were screwing your customers, now had Syphilis and than ran over your puppy!
Would you accept that was an " Oops mistake"? Probably not...
I have been a "hair guy" for over 20 years. No money made, but I have trimmed mid thigh length hair and taught several guy friends how to trim their lady's mane. Not hard, but the hair nazis get their undies in a knot when a long haired lady walks by, they lose useful idiot customers that wish they could be pretty and realize the barber is no help to them, after tearful self examination.

-------------
Just Me

Date Posted: February 17 2012 at 3:29pm
To all of you readers:

Yeah, I know what you mean lola.  I get jealous too when I see other girls with pretty long hair but I have to think and remember when I used to have very long hair as a kid too.  I used to have very long hair as to down to the middle of my back.  Over the years dumb me had chopped it off.  Now, I am wanting it all back, and even longer.

Now, to answer the question how long will I let my hair  grow.  I will probably let it grow no longer than my hips.  Or, the lower hem of my butt.  Now, when I was a kid of younger, and i used to always tell my mother that I wanted hair as long as little pass my butt she said, "You can't ever grow hair that long,"  and I thought to myself...I don't believe that.  You see, I had an aunt on my dad's side of the family that had hair that long when she was a kid but just before I was born she chopped it all off.  She said that it was entirely too much trouble to take of, and til' this day I have not seen her with hair that long.  My mother always told me that she used to wear her in a BIG plait or braid that was a long as to her butt, and I'm sure whenever she took it down i would reach to a little as her thighs.  Because, as far as I know that ponytails, braids, and plats do take up a lot of hair.

I also do have to say that people like my mom and grandmother don't believe that my hair can't grow that long.  They believe that I didn't take genes after my aunt or dad, and I don't believe the same thing that they do.  I totally believe that I did take my genes after my father.  I look like him, my hair is just about curly like his ,and I took my complexion after him.  I wish that I could send you a pic of my hair, my mom's hair, and my grandmother's hair so that you can see what I am talking about.  They both think my hair can only grow to a nice certain length like maybe a little passed the shoulder blades but that is not even the case.   I honestly don't think my grandma remembers how long my hair used to be as a kid.  I don't think she even remembers it being down to the middle of my back.  Because, my mom asked her one day, and i don't even here her respond back to my mom about it.  But she sure remembers combing it though.  But she doesn't remember how long it is.  That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think if my mother and grandmother doesn't think that i took hair genetics after my father and aunt they are envy of me or jealous because their hair can't ever grow that long.  And my mom claimed she tried hard letting my hari grow that long but I don't really don't believe that she tried hard enough.  I honestly think as far as trying to let it grow out to my butt she would often trim it every 2 months calling herself trimming away the dead ends or split ends, and half the time I don't think that I had that much of a bad case of split ends or dead ends.  Even though ever since i was a kid my mom strarted relaxing my hair with relaxers.  Because, my hair is so very thick, and it seemed that every time she would trim it it looked like she would trim off and inch or 2 calling herself getting rid of deads or split ends, and also evening it up, and she would do that every 2 months.

I honestly think that she was cutting off more length than anything.  Instead of just leaving it alone, and letting it grow, and only doing the Search and Destroy method.  When I was a child my hair was always in good health.  Because. i was noly relaxing it.  No coloring or dyes.  Plus, my mom had said that she didn't even like extremely long hair all the day to your butt or hips.  What she likes is from BSL on down to the waist, and that's it.  I also have a female cousin on my dad's side of the family that can grow hair down her hips but she had chopped it all off nowadays, and is wearing it to a little passed her shoulder blades.  oh, she is a long hair lover but I'm not sure if she likes waist length or hip length hair or not.  But up until the 1990's when I graduated from high school she had grown her hair down her hips, and I never knew that she could ever have hair that long but she did.  I told my mother about it, and she was also very shocked about it.  She said, "I never saw Ronnie with hair that long," and I also said, "Me neither."

I just had to share my hair story with you all.  Thanks for reading.  Let me know what do you think of all of this?

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Posted By: AutumnLocks
Date Posted: October 04 2012 at 6:47pm

Since I decided to grow my hair out really long this time my original goal was knees.  Then I changed it to classic.  Now I'm not sure...lol  I may let it grow to my ankles.

I've had some really bad haircuts over my lifetime.  Once upon a time I had it tailbone length and strawberry blonde.  My natural color, as you might have already guessed is a brownish shade of red.  With that particular shade of blonde I called it whiplash blonde...lol Because the less cultured guys that I worked with at the time would give themselves whiplash when they saw my hair down. Now it is totally natural.  I haven't had a haircut in nearly 3 years.

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: October 04 2012 at 10:23pm
My hair is at waist length right now, I think I want it below my butt but no longer than that since it is naturally curly and takes a lot of work to flat iron when I do decide to do it.

-------------

Posted By: AutumnLocks
Date Posted: October 08 2012 at 6:56am
Ladies (and gents), the best thing you can do for your hair is to stop using heat on it in any way. It is extremely damaging.  If you have curly hair learn to love your curls.  Don't be swayed by the dictates fashion.

Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:44pm
Hi AutumnLocks!  Welcome to the forum!

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Date Posted: August 09 2016 at 5:30pm
thart, i bet you can't wait until it reaches your butt. Has it grown to your butt yet?

-------------
Shannon D. Bax

Print Page | Close Window