Print Page | Close Window

Oil to promote hair growth??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45695
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:17am

Topic: Oil to promote hair growth??
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: Oil to promote hair growth??
Date Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:15am
I was thinking of using rosemary oil(ro) on Miri's scalp to promte hair growth and dilute it with SOFT SHEEN-CARSON OPTIMUM OIL THERAPY
which is a mix of coconut, olive,avacado,and jojoba oil. Is this okay for proper dilution. Also what is the rario of
ro: ssc??? 

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 6:49am
You might find answers to this question on the aromatherapy board, they are used to mixing such things and would have a better idea about this ratio. 

I don't believe too much that putting oil on a scalp can promote hair growth, and I probably wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want my scalp to look oily (I prefer to wash it at night), but I'm still open minded.  If you feel it did something to stimulate growth, come back and tell us!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 8:21am
How does oil on top of the scalp affect hair growth underneath the scalp?

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 11:38am
I've read that Rosemary EO promotes hair growth

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:54pm
Is rosemary oil an essential oil?  Essential oils should never be applied directly to skin or hair; it can burn.  Always diluted essential oils in a carrier oil (such as jojoba).  I don't believe oils promote hair growth, but they can help reduce tangles (and therefore improve the condition of the hair and implicitly meaning that fewer and lesser trims are needed). 

Print Page | Close Window