Forum Name: Asian Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45735
Printed Date: May 15 2024 at 10:34pm

Topic: My hair stopped growing...?
Posted By: Tenasian
Subject: My hair stopped growing...?
Date Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:41pm

I'm 16 and I have very coarse, thick, frizzy, straight (when it's not frizzy) hair. 

As if that's not bad enough, my hair seems as though it has come to a general halt. 

I noticed that my hair will grow to one length (past my shoulders) and then stop.  (Or slow down.  Or something...)  I have a picture (which I took--I think--last summer) and my hair is right above my chest.  I have not gotten a haircut since and it is still the same length. 

I've looked all over the internet, trying to find an answer, but all I find are people saying "hair doesn't stop growing."  (Well, that's the gist of it.)

Either it's come to halt or I just have incredibly slow hair growth. 

Am I not healthy enough?  Maybe I'm not eating the right vitamins or something.  I just don't know anymore. 

But if you could help me out, it'd be much appreciated! 

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:41pm
Hey there Tenasian,

Sometimes hair stops growing for a few months, or even a couple years, genetically.

But the more likely explanation could be the wear and care of it - essentially, it could be breakage and not growth stoppage. What kind of hair accessories do you use? Do you use heat tools? Thin or tight hair bands, or heat tools can cause damage and breakage, which makes it look like hair has stopped growing.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: Tenasian
Date Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:49pm

I tend to use "regular-sized" hair bands, and I try not to use my flat iron too often, although I admit to using it more than usual lately. 

I tie it up almost everyday to keep it out of my face, and wash it every other day.

BTW, thanks for replying ^ ^

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:52am
do you tie it up real tight? does your shampoo contain any harsh detergents?

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Print Page | Close Window