Print Page | Close Window

favorite updo's 4 long hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45751
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 6:14am

Topic: favorite updo's 4 long hair
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: favorite updo's 4 long hair
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 3:34pm
What is your favorite updo for your hair length and off topic but do layers really make hair thinner because even though Miri said she didn't want layer alas the cutter gave her layers(which is what you get for going to Supercuts)

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 8:21pm
I'm sorry that happened to Miri.  I hope she didn't pay. 

My favorite updo is to twist up the back and secure with a hair claw, and then leave the ends to flop over the hair claw, kind of hiding it.  It looks like a shorter ponytail.

I am bad that way, if I don't change my ways I don't know how my long hair growing will go.  I don't like to have the ends tied up -- I like them to hang loose.  People say you have to tie them up to protect them.  I have fine hair, too!  I'll see how it goes.

-------------
2b/F/ii

Posted By: ataraxy
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 9:41pm
when i'm bad: ponytail (which gets tangled and strangled)
when i'm good:
single braid at the back
twist + claw clip
bun + claw clip
twist + other hair toy (plastic one that lays over the hair and you put a stick through it.. sorry, can't remember the name!)

my hair is about 3-4 vertibrae above my hips.

-------------

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 10:16pm
RHEPETEUNIA(did I spell that right): yeah we payed and Miri when her hair isn't in braids loves a fluffy bun with wispy,uncotrollable  bangs. and also do layes really thin hair out cause Miri has medium-thick hair and she really wants thick hair and are the layers stopping that

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: MistyD
Date Posted: July 31 2006 at 10:37pm
I usually wear mine in a knot. I brush it into a high ponytail and hold it, then twist and tie in a knot at my scalp, leaving the end to dangle out through the middle of the knot. It stays fairly well by itself, but I usually put one or two hairsticks (a great way to show off my growing GodivaStix collection) in if I'm going out.

I often leave it in a knot to sleep as well, it's high enough on my head that it doesn't interfer.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: August 01 2006 at 7:04am
Layers will make straight hair look thinner, however, the pointy ends are in style now, so whichever way a straight haired person goes seems to be good these days.  They give curly hair more volume (poofs out more), unless they are only done on the last few inches of curly hair, then even though they make the ends look thinner, the curls taper nicely.  If the hair is wavy, it depends how wavy of a wave it is which way it will go...generally it looks thinner, but can still have tapering waves that look very nice.  Its an individual choice.

I usually do a quick bun with a stick jabbed through it for my bsl hair.  Sometimes I use a bun cover and pull small braids out through it and wrap them around it for a well holding, but fancy looking updo.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:46pm
For my own, a single braid (no surprise there).  But I love to see the variety of updos women put their hair into (they're all good).

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 03 2006 at 2:09pm
I like wearing my hair loose. Of course it's summer, and it's hot, so that won't do.

A damp Dutch braid is nice. A damp single bun is also nice.

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: August 06 2006 at 11:45am
Hmmm...I like to wear my hair loose, too, but with this heat, it's impractical. I like for everyday, to just wear a pony tail, or braid. One of my favorite updos is the French Twist. Pretty easy to do and it looks very nice. I did it a couple weeks ago and received alot of compliments.

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Print Page | Close Window