Forum Name: 180 Vet Methods
Forum Description: Methods From 180 Wavers
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45763
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 6:38am

Topic: JQRS
Posted By: jqrs
Subject: JQRS
Date Posted: July 30 2006 at 9:32pm

Whats up fellas, recently I've been getting a lot of  PM's about how i got waves, what products i use, my method, and so on.  Well i'm going to post ALL OF THAT INFORMATION HERE!

THE BEGINNING:

I first got into waves back in 1998, and had them but not connected until 2004, when i decided to try out dreads.  After a year of that, i cut my hair back low and began the wave process again.  Throughout 2005, i achieved waves on my top, back and some what on my left side.  After finding this site in early May, I realized i had a LOT of work to do in order to get my waves where i wanted them.

HAIR BOUTIQUE:

Before finding this site, I was like most ignorant people and felt that all you needed to get waves was a pomade and du rag.  Well, I was wrong!  I was using murray's original pomade and a med brush and had somewhat of a decent wave pattern. But they were not the 360s that I have today. I also tried out numerous Spartan products which i will say that NO ONE should BUY!!!

After finding this site, i learned that all you truely need to achieve waves is a brush, and determination. I began to use Carrot Creme and it was one of the best decisions i have made.  It has been 9 Weeks since Pomade has touched my hair, and my hair looks and feels better than ever!

MY CURRENT METHOD:

Wash days:

Firstly, I wash my hair every day, or every 2days at the most.  I use Motions Shampoo and Motions Conditioner.  I brush ALOT while my hair is wet.  After i'm thru in the shower, I towel dry most of it, and brush til damp with a soft Annie 2080 brush.  I then apply carrot creme to my hair and brush brush brush! that is the key to it all, BRUSH! Occasionaly, if I'm going out or something, i'll thro in some Let's Jam! orange top and brush that with a softee.  At night, i always brush right until i'm about to go to sleep, and add a little more Carrot Creme.

No-Wash Days:

After I wake up and remove my Du-rag, I brush with a softee.  I know many guys on here say not to brush that Du-rag look, but i have to because my waves actually extened onto my hairline and my hairline will look like its crooked if i dont brush it! While brushing, i add some Carrot Creme.  Throughout the day, i brush as much as possible.

Products Used:

Currently, i only use my Carrot Creme, Annie 2060 for when hair is high, and Annie 2080 for when it is low.  Let's Jam! when needed...

HOw Long B/W Cutz:

My hair grows EXTREMELY fast...I try to wait 3-4 wks b/w cutz, but it really just depends on if its an event i want to look fresh for! nothin beats those waves looking silky smooth when you gotta step out to something!

!!!QUESTIONS!!!

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions pertaining to my waves or waves in general, but i ask that you READ THIS FIRST! this will save both of our time! aight fellaz, stay up!

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: killa waver
Date Posted: August 21 2006 at 7:38am
how do u get your waves to space out and deep

Posted By: Hb is Massisi
Date Posted: August 28 2006 at 12:23am
hes cute!

-------------

Posted By: KingJames23
Date Posted: August 30 2006 at 2:40pm
ah yo

-------------
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.

Posted By: 25cent
Date Posted: November 29 2006 at 6:50pm
should you use a soft brush for waves.

Date Posted: December 07 2006 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Hb is Massisi Hb is Massisi wrote:

hes cute!
thats just wrong man you little fag just had to saw it.

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
Thats why they call us black spinnas
[IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1112/5992504781vg1.gif" />
BLACK SPINNAS

Date Posted: December 07 2006 at 8:05pm
waves is thge best baby yo yo yo.

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
BLACK SPINNAS

Posted By: rlinn
Date Posted: December 19 2006 at 4:18pm

BRO KEEP THAT GAY SH!T 2 YA SELF -----BUT JQRS   HOW YOU GET THEM TO LOOK SHINY AND SILKY

Posted By: Don Twista
Date Posted: January 27 2007 at 9:02pm
it was a girl..

-------------

Posted By: Shockwave
Date Posted: February 02 2007 at 10:21pm
i hope...

-------------
Aka Doc Shock

Date Posted: March 04 2007 at 6:21pm
yeah lets try and minimize thew gay talk

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
BLACK SPINNAS

Posted By: King Wave 07
Date Posted: June 07 2007 at 3:01pm
It Was A Girl G

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 11:06am
Don't post on old threads.

-------------
DUB-C

Posted By: lil-tight
Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 6:37pm
wrd

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 10:23pm
Read the "Warning" thread under Men's 360 Waves- Part II.

-------------
DUB-C

Print Page | Close Window