Print Page | Close Window

What's your favorite styling product?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45767
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 7:20am

Topic: What's your favorite styling product?
Posted By: strawberiblonde
Subject: What's your favorite styling product?
Date Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:31am

So I took the plunge and got my hair cut from a chin length bob into a sort of variation on the Sienna Miller cut.  I'm not so sure about it, but my husband and daughter love it, so that's good.

And now that it's short, I get to play more with product.  I was wondering what everyone else liked to use.  I am mostly talking about what you use after your hair is dry to style it - pastes, waxes, etc. 

I use TIGI Root Boost on my wet hair, and I love it.  It is absolutely my favorite of the many mousses and gels that I've tried, and gives my fine hair lots of body.  Now I would like to find a good finishing product - I'm looking for piecey, not greasy.  ;-)

Replies:
Posted By: Longhaired Guy
Date Posted: August 01 2006 at 3:30am
Congrats on your new short hairstyle! I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it. 

-------------
Brent

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 19 2006 at 2:23pm
I have really short, really fine hair and I like Jonathan Product Dirt.  Just a tiny bit gives good piecy texture.  I finish with Kenra 25 hairspray.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 10:08am
i have curly hair i jsut put a little jojoba oil in it and the curls are set ready to go.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: August 24 2006 at 10:00pm
Are extensions considered a styling product? Or how about those "grow your hair faster" pills?

Posted By: hannebash
Date Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:51am
Is that supposed to be funny? because I think your comments are totally rude. She wants styling products for her new short haircut.  If it is such a travesty to you that she got a haircut, don't post something like that on the short hair board.  Rude.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 26 2006 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Are extensions considered a styling product? Or how about those "grow your hair faster" pills?

I agree with hannebash.

Kramer, that was rude.  Please be respectful to the purpose of this Forum.  If you feel compelled to similarly post such a message here in the future, well, just don't.

Posted By: strawberiblonde
Date Posted: August 30 2006 at 1:36am
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I have really short, really fine hair and I like Jonathan Product Dirt.  Just a tiny bit gives good piecy texture.  I finish with Kenra 25 hairspray.

Thanks.  And I haven't seen Jonathan product around.  Do I need to buy it online?

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 30 2006 at 6:37am
You can buy it at Sephora or QVC.  Both of them have online stores.  There is a Sephora in one of the malls close to my house so I usually buy it there.  A little goes a very long way for me since my hair is so fine and oily.  You would need to experiment to see how much you need to get the desired results.  I also have to spray my hair once I have the right amount of Dirt distributed throughout my hair to hold everything in place.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Print Page | Close Window