Print Page | Close Window

Baby shampoo?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=45840
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 2:28am

Topic: Baby shampoo?
Posted By: bellydancefae
Subject: Baby shampoo?
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 3:17am
Just a quick question, but has anyone here ever tried using baby shampoo for their fine hair? You would think that would be the perfect solution, since babies tend to have fine, thin hair, and it's always so soft and healthy (well, they don't use blowdryers and curling irons ). 

Replies:
Posted By: Denise Kingsley
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 7:54am
It depends on what you want to look like. I would suggest not to use it. It has ingredients to keep from tearing, that are not needed in regular shampoo, and...
it is designed to get out food and pancake syrup etc.
Just use a nice volumizing shampoo, if your hair is in good shape.

-------------
Denise Kingsley

Posted By: anne6000
Date Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:40am
I've also read that baby shampoo really doesn't do that great of a job at actual cleaning because babies' hair isn't usually exposed to the pollution and other factors that generally make our hair dirtier, so while the cleanser probably is gentler, it may be too weak to thoroughly clean the hair of most adults.

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: August 22 2006 at 10:15am
baby shampoo isnt gonna cut it if your using heat products, you need to be using products to help actually clean the hair and get aid with damage.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: September 04 2006 at 2:41pm
Yeah, it is super light, and if your hair is pretty clean, when you wash it with it = WOW volume, but if you like to wear products, then, yeah, it just won't cut it.

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: Seraphina
Date Posted: January 29 2007 at 10:17am
I have used baby shampoo in the past.  Honestly it is no better and no worse than any other shampoo on my hair.  I go by the smell of a shampoo actually, if it smells too strong it is too harsh anyway for me.  Baby shampoo is lovely and mild.  They do a lovely detangling shampoo in the Johnson's range.  Hairdressers have actually told me the cheaper the shampoo the better.  I switched to JASONs recently and love that very much! 

Print Page | Close Window