Print Page | Close Window

Terminal Length

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=46158
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 4:35am

Topic: Terminal Length
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: Terminal Length
Date Posted: August 16 2006 at 7:26pm
Is there any way to find out what your terminal length is because my father is telling me that my hair genetically won't reach mid-thigh lenght. Is there any way to figure this out.

*Miri*

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: August 17 2006 at 2:59am
The only way is to keep growing. Good luck in proving him wrong. From what you said before about your family and your hair, are you sure he's not just trying to discourage you?

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: August 17 2006 at 12:37pm
What kind of hair do you have?

-------------

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front

Posted By: whhoiskad
Date Posted: August 17 2006 at 3:43pm
Never say never!

Keep up the good growing :)

-------------
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Date Posted: August 17 2006 at 5:32pm
No in fact my father prefers longer hair(he freaked when I said I was just going to trim my hair) and I have medium-coarse strands with thick hair over all. I also have wavy-curly hair. Thanks for responding.

-------------

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 3:07pm
As long as you treat it well (avoid things like daily flat-ironing and such) you should be able to grow it.

-------------

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front

Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 7:36pm
You just keep growing until it stops gaining length.  I'm so impatient I worry that it's stopped growing longer, so I have to measure every month just to put my myself at ease. (Oh no, what if it stops?)

-------------
2b/F/ii

Date Posted: August 19 2006 at 8:23am
Thanks guys for your responses. I guess I'll just have to wait and see although my mom says that on her side of the family there are some long hairs. And when I used to torture my hair with shampoo TWICE IN A ROW, little conditioner, blowfrier, rubbing hair wet and dry,improper brushing and combing(the list could go forever) it STILL reached waist length and from others opionons looked pretty good. I guess my hair is stubborn just like me. And it helps that it grows one inch a month

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 24 2006 at 8:20pm
Hi SugarCube,

Just keep growing, and at some point, stop trimming.  I think I'm at terminal (see photo), and the growth rate seems to have slowed, but there are a few strands that still keep growing, so who knows? 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window