Print Page | Close Window

New Hair pictures--questions.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=46194
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 4:29am

Topic: New Hair pictures--questions.
Posted By: Lovebug3302004
Subject: New Hair pictures--questions.
Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 12:24pm
Here are some recent pictures of my hair. I have had some small (less than an in.) trims, but it mostly looks shorter because it's curly.

I have some questions about care, and these may have to go under the curly hair forum, but maybe people here can help me too. Whenever I wear my hair curly, I put mousse in to try to help hold/define the --natural-- curl. And try as hard as I may to not get it on the scalp of my hair, my head still looks greasy and gross by the end of one day. When I can usually go at least two days without my hair looking like that. (If I dry and straighten it.)
Any suggestions about what I can do to keep my hair looking non-greasy when it's curly?? I would post this in the curly hair forum, but I think it actually has more to do with hair care, and the people in this forum seem to know more/ be more serious about that.

-------------
My hair is: 3a, Fine, ii hair, currently 23" long.
Goal: Waist, or about 34".

Replies:
Posted By: rhpetunia
Date Posted: August 18 2006 at 7:31pm
You have beautiful hair, lovebug!

I usually only put gunky stuff like mousse and gel on my hair if I plan to wash it that night or the next night.  I find that besides the problem of damage when combing, putting that kind of product on the hair does cause clumpy separation that looks greasy.

But for me it's more like a separation due to buildup than actual greasiness.

Also, I think that if it gets within a couple inches of the scalp it will make it's way there.

You might like different ways to define the curl -- 1) just shaking it out wet and not combing afterward, or 2) a different kind of finish -- maybe you would like using just a teeny tiny bit of jojoba oil to scrunch with (put a very thin film on your hands then scrunch), or 3) maybe a spray on product made for curly hair like something from Jessicurl or Ouidad (I haven't used them myself, but they have been recommended by curlies).

-------------
2b/F/ii

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: August 19 2006 at 8:26am
your hair is so PRETTY!.
SORRY HAD TO SAY IT

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: August 24 2006 at 8:22pm
Lovebug -- your hair is gorgeous!

Where is your kitty?

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: August 25 2006 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Lovebug -- your hair is gorgeous!

Where is your kitty?

Yah, I was going to ask the same thing! I kept scrolling down looking for that cat!

Your curls are so beautiful!

-------------

Posted By: whhoiskad
Date Posted: August 25 2006 at 5:11pm
Very nice curly wurlys you have there!

-------------
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Posted By: hmmm007
Date Posted: September 05 2006 at 5:31am
It's gorgeous

Print Page | Close Window