Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47085
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:51am

Topic: Anyone use MAC cosmetics
Posted By: SDOW
Subject: Anyone use MAC cosmetics
Date Posted: September 25 2006 at 4:56pm
Like thier foundation and is it any good?

Replies:
Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: September 25 2006 at 6:28pm
i hear from a lot of people that its pretty good, although i find it to thick and cakey it has a lot of coverage but i felt unnatural in it. Im sure others just love it.

-------------
Babycheeks

Date Posted: September 25 2006 at 7:08pm
I've just ordered some foundation from their site..just hope the color is ok for me! I got some lipstick off their site and when it arrived i found it to be darker than the color chart pic on the site, still was nice tho!

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:24am
awesome im glad u like it. just not for me dunno to thick. there lipsticks are really nice though but i find most of them to be real dramatic in color. I call Mac stage makeup. lol

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:24pm
I don't use their foundation, but I LOVE their lipstick. I wear their matte lipstick in Brave during the day or at work and Twig if I am going out. Their lipstick paired with their Lip Glass makes a great combo if you like shine and a glossy finish.

I don't suppose you have a MAC counter near you? Trying the colors on ahead of time is best. I've had such bad luck (personally) ordering lipsticks from any manufacturer without trying them first.

-------------
Follow Your Bliss

Date Posted: September 27 2006 at 1:30pm
Just tested out some of the mac foundation and it feels great, the color is fine too considering its hard to buy makeup just by the color chart on websites!
its very smooth and flawless looking too so im happy! 19 pound isnt too bad of a price! I was paying 16 for Clinique and 25 for YSL

Posted By: jennyC
Date Posted: October 02 2006 at 8:37pm
I love MAC I just can't use their face powders. It makes me break out like crazy-

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by jennyC jennyC wrote:

I love MAC I just can't use their face powders. It makes me break out like crazy-

I second that!

-------------
Follow Your Bliss

Posted By: maui_20
Date Posted: December 04 2006 at 8:03pm
I LOVE MAC! Tongue As SDOW said, the colors on the site aren't really what they actually look like. So I usally shop just at the MAC counters. As for the foundations they have lots and lots of different types. Liquid, Creme, Powder, Spray on; and then those types have many different types. So I would try it in store (the gals will help you) and see what you like best.  IMO MAC offers a wide range of very good products!

Posted By: bonne
Date Posted: December 22 2006 at 1:34pm
MAC is really sub-par for foundations. They have a lot of pore-clogging ingredients and most forumulas tend to be very heavy and cakey. If you are acne-prone, stay AWAY from MAC foundations/powders, etc.

Posted By: mocha mama
Date Posted: January 15 2007 at 1:26pm
I have friends who use nothing but MAC products.  They see a MAC store and get lost for EVER in them.  I have never used any MAC product, so can't really say anything from personal experience, but by how hardcore and loyal my friends are to the product, it must be good. Ha.  

-------------
m!

Print Page | Close Window