Print Page | Close Window

A brunette wanting to go to a blond (washout)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4752
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 12:29am

Topic: A brunette wanting to go to a blond (washout)
Posted By: NOYB
Subject: A brunette wanting to go to a blond (washout)
Date Posted: January 21 2001 at 9:22pm
I want to dye my hair blond but I want it to be a wash out, what type of BLOND should I go, when I have medum to dark drown hair

Replies:
Posted By: fortytwo03
Date Posted: January 24 2001 at 4:57pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP804060353&id=1142&page=1#21.1142.1 - 21.1142.1
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everything I have seen states that it is impossible to go lighter with washout hair dye - you can only go darker. In your case, if you wanted to go blonde, you would probably have to bleach your hair first, which would be very hard on it(as well as permanent). Sorry I didn`t have an answer more to your liking.

-------------

Posted By: meg
Date Posted: January 24 2001 at 5:13pm
I`m not so up on the hair terms, but when you say washout, I presume that you`re talking about a permenant or semi-permenant hair color. If I`m wrong here, look over me. I know that I`ve made that mistake before. I had nice blonde hair in the past, but over the years I have faded to light brown to dark brown underneath. I have bought the haircolor and it be the most beautiful blonde on the box. No way it will do that to your brown hair, never. You will have to bleach, then add the color you like. The only thing the other will do is to turn your hair ugly orange. I`ve been there too many times. Sorry if I`m misunderstanding you when you say "whashout"......Good luck.....Oh, I usually frost mine and mine is very hard to lift. If you want an all over blonde color, try L`Oreal Frost and Design. It is the best over the counter, in my opinion. You just pull alot of hair through the cap for all over lighting, or if you just want to try highlights, then just pull a little through. I have to leave mine on for a full hour, and it is damaging, but all in all, if you want blonde, it`s a good product.....Meg

-------------

Posted By: Princess Daisy
Date Posted: January 24 2001 at 10:02pm
Will not dying it blond and than dying it blond again not help???

-------------
Inches don`t matter

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: January 25 2001 at 9:52pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP804060353&id=1142&page=1#21.1167.1 - 21.1167.1
If you want the temporary hair color, which does wash out over time, you can NOT go lighter. Only deepen your current color or go darker.

If you want to go lighter you will need to do streaks or some other method.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)