Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47720
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 3:46pm

Topic: self tanners and 'rough' spots
Posted By: LuckieDuckies
Subject: self tanners and 'rough' spots
Date Posted: October 18 2006 at 12:52am
hey guys, i was wondering if anybody could help me out with a problem i'm having.  i like to use st. tropez self tanner i love the color and it works well for me.  the problem is i have these areas such as inbetween my boobs usually where the bra sits that are kinda 'rough' skin and the tanner shows up darker there.  i also find that after reapplying the tanner after like a week the skin around my arm area tends to 'build' up more and looks a lot darker.  has anyone else had these problems or knows how to adress them? 

Replies:
Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: October 18 2006 at 8:53am
exfoliate first and apply creamy moisturizer before using the tanner and it could be how ur applying it make sure ur using thin layers.  Maybe even that brand isnt a very great brand.I dont use a tanner so i dont know much about it but that is what i hear from others.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: October 18 2006 at 9:47am
I agree with babycheeks....exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! You can pick up an exfoliating cream or even a body wash that contains exfoliating beads at the drug store. I use self tanner in the summertime and I find that exfoliating beforehand really helps with creating an even application.

You might also want to try mixing regular lotion with your self-tanner to dilute it before applying to the problem areas.

-------------
Follow Your Bliss

Print Page | Close Window