Print Page | Close Window

Advice on hair products

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47890
Printed Date: June 24 2024 at 8:39am

Topic: Advice on hair products
Posted By: Rahim
Subject: Advice on hair products
Date Posted: October 24 2006 at 10:32pm
Hey Im growing my hair back out so far i've been using suave 2in1 smoothing shampoo + conditioner with pro-vitamin firmula to cleanse & condition for dry or damaged hair then I use Parnevu leave in conditioner for extra dry hair and after that I use Hollywood's beauty carrot cream is there anything else im missing which would be an asset to my hair being healthy and growing also how often should I use these products I had some breakage the other day but havn't seen any sense any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: blackhoney112
Date Posted: October 27 2006 at 2:21pm
Hi welcome to the board , I am not familar with suave shampoo or parnevu condish. But suave condish was drying to my hair and I love parnevu t-tree oil. Does your hair feel moist after washing/conditioning? I haven't used the carrot cream but carrot oil has protein & too much protein can make ur hair hard. I would sugguest using a creamy leave-in daily (Neturogena Silk touch leavin-in) and sealing that in with oil (Parnevu t-tree oil)...this will keep the hair moist so that you can retain your current length. I like to massage my scalp nightly to encourage grow and lightly oil my scalp w/Parnevu t-tree oil or Wild growth oil 1-2 times a night. HTH

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/blackhoney112/hair_album/101505_.html - Hair album
pw:Romeo

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: October 31 2006 at 10:24pm
Hi, welcome, I am not familiar with the products that you are using.  Once you use a good moisturizing shampoo, Cream Of Nature is good.  A moisturizing conditioner, and protein when needed.  Moisturize your hair daily, I like NTM Silk Touch or S-Curl, and seal with an oil, then you should be okay.  Also remember that your hair need to be balanced with protein and also moisture.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window