Print Page | Close Window

Straightening Irons

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4802
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 2:20am

Topic: Straightening Irons
Posted By: AggiePam
Subject: Straightening Irons
Date Posted: February 12 2001 at 8:49pm
I`ve been wanting to buy an iron to help smooth out some wavy spots. I already have a big barrel curling iron that works well, but with my short length now, I don`t want the added curl the iron gives. I`d like to try one of those straight flat irons. I saw a review in IN Style but that one was $85.00. I`ve seen others for only $20.00. Before I buy, does anyone recommend a particular one? I don`t want to scorch my hair unecessarily. Any ideas???

Replies:
Posted By: airlinefood
Date Posted: February 13 2001 at 7:20am
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP804060353&id=1314&page=1#21.1314.1 - 21.1314.1
Hi AggiePam,

I`ve been using a Conair one that works with steam. I think the price range is anywhere between $20-$25.
I`ve been really happy with it. I have really curly hair and even when I blow dry it straight i still get waves. I use the iron after (just make sure your hair is *completely* dry, otherwise it makes a sort of...umm..sizzling noise, which I`m sure can`t be good sign :) and it comes out fabulous. I was using it when when my hair was cut really short (wynona ryder pixie type thing) and it worked wonders for getting that sort of messy bed-head look. Now that my hair is growing out a bit, it gets it stick straight for that Meg Ryan piecy look.
It hasn`t been too damaging to my hair either (if at all). My hair goes through torture - highlights last november...let them grow out...got bored...bleached my hair....colored my hair....hated it....highlighted again...trip to the carribean...sun damage i`m sure...got sick of that....colored it again....all while using the straighting iron on a daily basis....and my hair still looks healthy (really.) I`m sure i`ll pay for it one of these days though.

ok. sorry for the rant. hehehe hope this helps.

-------------

Posted By: AggiePam
Date Posted: February 14 2001 at 9:22pm
Reply to message: viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP804060353&id=1314&page=1#21.1315.1 - 21.1315.1
Thanks!! I wasn`t going to be able to afford the $85.00 one!! $25.00 sounds great. Wow...your history sounds soooo familiar! Glad to hear that the iron should work on my hair too!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window