Print Page | Close Window

frequency of hair washing?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48043
Printed Date: April 30 2024 at 7:45pm

Topic: frequency of hair washing?
Posted By: dude20
Subject: frequency of hair washing?
Date Posted: October 30 2006 at 7:58pm
How long do you people with fine hair wash/shampoo/condition your hair? Is it better to shampoo fine/thin hair once, twice a week, or every other day?

Replies:
Posted By: bigcaat
Date Posted: November 02 2006 at 5:15pm
I wash my hair everyday. It gets too oily if I don't.

Caat

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: November 03 2006 at 10:33am
It depends on the type of shampoo your using  i use kiss my face whenever shampoo and conditioner so i can use it every day its organic and contains no sulfates, but if your using just store or salon brand that contain sulfates that strip the hair id limit my shampooing to very few days and just condition on other days.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: November 09 2006 at 6:19am
I generally wash my hair every day but because I use a lot of product to maintain my short style I can occasionally skip a day.  Never more than one day though.  Fine hair really needs to be very clean to look good.  I rarely use conditioner either.  Just weighs down my hair.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: silknsilver
Date Posted: November 09 2006 at 8:31pm
I only wash every three days or so...whenever my hair starts feeling flat and oily...

Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: December 11 2006 at 9:01pm

It depends on how oily your hair is, and what kind of shampoo you use. If your hair is normal to dry, you should only shampoo every two to 3 days. If it is normal to oily you can shampoo every other day. If it is oily, then you probably have to shampoo every day.

Posted By: scorpiochick
Date Posted: January 20 2007 at 8:46am
I shampoo/condition everyday. My hair is usually oily at the roots and rather dry on the ends. If i don't condition my layers good on the ends they look like wings. lol

Posted By: GearMaven
Date Posted: February 08 2007 at 2:31pm
I wash my shoulder-length hair every morning, as it is gets so dull and oily at the crown if I don't. Even trying the baby powder trick, I feel icky if I don't have a clean head of hair every day.

After reading more about this in the Long Hair Support forum, I am thinking of trying just a water wash or CO on the ends somedays.

Posted By: StringyMimi
Date Posted: April 05 2007 at 5:04pm

I rinse and condition my hair every single day.  But I hardly ever wash it.  It feels like an ugly ass fluff ball when I wash it with shampoo, and it stays like that for days and days.  I guess I wash mine once a week?  The ends of my hair stay really dried out and the top does get oily, and that's when I wash it - when the top is oily.  I always thought that like, if our hair is getting icky because of all of the daily things we put in it and the things that are in the environment, maybe rinsing it would just be a better idea - you get all that gross stuff out without adding more in?  Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I do.

Print Page | Close Window