Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48096
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:25pm

Topic: micrdermobrasion or acid peels?
Posted By: playboyfreak456
Subject: micrdermobrasion or acid peels?
Date Posted: November 01 2006 at 9:20pm
i have skin discoloration around my mouth and neck and i understand that both of them should take that away...but i since  i have dry/ sensitive skin  i was thinking an acid peel might irritate it....which one would be best?

Replies:
Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: November 01 2006 at 11:09pm
acid peels burn so so bad, you need to let a prof do that, and micro really doesnt do that much for pigmentation issues, id suggest u see a derma doc and get a prescription for it.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Sarsvati
Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:06pm
I don't want to scare you but I did acid peel treatments a while back. I did about 6 of them once every month or 2 and I got a horrible staff infection which left me with scars all over my face. Now I think this is because my skin was left vulnerable since the top layers kept getting peeled away, so  I think microdermabrasion would be the same. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be very careful to not touch your face alot or pick at it, whichever one you choose becaue you don't want to get an infection.
I'm sure your skin will look beautiful, whichever one you choose. Good luck.

Posted By: fashion Girl
Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 4:45pm
I have been having microdermabrasions done from my derm now for about 1 year. I also have dry, but thin and sensitive skin so I was afraid to try microderm thinking it would be to harsh. I first tried what is called vibradermabrasion which is done with a paddle instead of a vaccum. This is a good start for someone who isn't sure what they want or need.

Anyway, I love microdermabrasions, but beware, they are addictive! Your skin feels fabulous afterwards and simply glows after about a week or so. I do believe they help in pigmentation problems and any scarring you may have. My best advice is see a good dermatologist and start there. Don't go to any of those fancy spas.

Good luck.

-------------
Fashion Girl

Print Page | Close Window