Print Page | Close Window

Male considering using makeup!!!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48171
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 1:03pm

Topic: Male considering using makeup!!!!!
Posted By: rakas
Subject: Male considering using makeup!!!!!
Date Posted: November 05 2006 at 6:58pm

Hey...

I'm not gay (no offence - steriotype), however i am considering using makeup to give me a decent complexion and cover the bags under my eyes!!!!!!!

Bering in mind that i am a 17 year old male, could people advise me on how to this and also could the younger girls/women give there opinion on this.

-------------
rakas_b@hotmail.co.uk

Add me on MSN

Replies:
Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: November 09 2006 at 4:05pm
I dont see any reason why you shouldnt be a ble to wear makeup.For undereye circles you'll want a color corrector.Something like benefits lemonaid(a yellow based powder) will help mask dark circles.The same for your complexion.Yellow helps counter the any redness(hyperpigmentation,acne,birthmarks) and dark circles.You dont need heavy makeup,maybe just an allover light correcting powder or even just a concealer for spot checking.I dont wear full makeup.But I do use a yellow based concealer to hide any imperfections.That way I dont have an obvious all over makeup look.Good luckThumbs%20Up

Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: November 10 2006 at 5:00pm
get more sleep eat right exercise and take care of yourself. Dont worry so much about your face. Your being over self consicous.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: tanjuska
Date Posted: December 22 2006 at 10:14am
i agree... corector is best for your case - make sure to buy one that is slightly lighter than your skin. Darker corector wiuld only make your circles more obvious.     

-------------
http://www.topbeautycare.com - BEST BEAUTY AND FASHION FORUMS

Posted By: modern divo
Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:04am
I'm 17 not gay, and I use makeup,so does David Beckham appearently , just concealer, and a powder, I have major undereye circles too, I found that the best thing for my undereye circles was an eye cream from Olay, regenerist eye lifting serum if it's really bad I'll use a little concealer as well, I've also heard that there's this stuff you can get called touché eclat from YSL that is supposed to just make your undereye circles dissappear, appearently i lot of stars use it, but it's really expensive, like around $60 Canadian.

Posted By: Leadfoot
Date Posted: April 19 2007 at 8:45am
I agree with Longhairdreams - try Benefit's Lemonaide.  It works great and looks natural.

Posted By: Sarsvati
Date Posted: April 19 2007 at 3:55pm
I think it's fine if a guyu wears copver up.
If you're worried about other's being able to tell, I wouldn't put cover up over your entire face, but just use spot concealer where you need it.
I use a green concealer first to cancel out the redness (since they're complimentary colors). Then I go over it with a color that matches my skion tone.
Oh, and  really IMPORTANT when you are trying to match your skin tone, match it to your neck because our faces tend to have alot of red in them. YOu might want to pick a shade lighter if you're not sure and that'll probably be the right shade. If not you can always go back and change it.

-------------
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51616 - No 'Poo or Condish Experiment

Posted By: luvsmatchbox20
Date Posted: June 20 2007 at 7:43pm
If you put any make-up on watch out for it running though.  For example, in the summer time when you sweat, play sports, or take a shower. 
Also, be careful when you rub your eyes with your hands.  It can wip it off that way.

Posted By: TMortis
Date Posted: June 21 2007 at 11:35am
I use a little bronze foundation everyday. No one notices, but it gives me a smoother cheek. I have been using a very light mascara just to darked my eyes also lately. I love the smoothness.

-------------
Tommi

Print Page | Close Window