Print Page | Close Window

Flatiron problem

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Straight Talk
Forum Description: Get the straight talk on hair straightening products & techniques
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48286
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 6:02am

Topic: Flatiron problem
Posted By: Bubonic Plague
Subject: Flatiron problem
Date Posted: November 10 2006 at 6:06pm
I have a pretty good flatiron. It's not the $300 kind from hair places. It was about $30 but good quality and trusted brand I love to use. Lately it's getting stuff on the ceramic parts of it. Those little strings you get off of brand new towels are stuck to the ceramic parts and just the silk serum I use on my hair. Is there anyway to clean the ceramic parts correctly? I don't have the package an longer, threw it away three years ago.

Replies:
Posted By: Precious Girl
Date Posted: November 21 2006 at 6:30pm
Make sure it is unplugged and cool. Use warm water. If it doesn't come off try using a tiny bit of soap.

Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: December 04 2006 at 10:36pm
If it is $30 is not ceramic, is ceramic coated. The coating is probably wearing off and that is why you are having the problems you are describing. Do yourself a favor and make a small investment in your hair. Spend $85 on a Solia iron, and you won't believe the difference. You won't know it until you try it. The iron just glides through your hair and takes only 1 or passes to produce beautiful, silky, shiny, frizz free hair. And won't cause half the damage a $30 dollar iron will. Believe me, there is a difference. Remeber, hair has almost the same texture as fabric, so if those strings are sticking to your iron, so is your hair, and the damage is there eventhough you don't see it.

Good luck and beautiful hair

Print Page | Close Window