Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48429
Printed Date: June 21 2024 at 3:14pm

Topic: 2 Much Brushing can damage your scalp
Posted By: waves-spinnin
Subject: 2 Much Brushing can damage your scalp
Date Posted: November 16 2006 at 7:23pm
This is true. If u brush 2 much, you can damage scalp. I have heard people say if your starts thinning get doo gro, but why when all u have 2 do is not brush 4 a long time. I have heard people on here say they have brushed for an hour straight. All you have to do is be patient. I'm not saying don't brush. but don't brush that much. Some people might think this is dumb, but some one is going 2 hear me out.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Shockwave
Date Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:39pm
I could sense a major firefight about to emerge. wny are you scaring people for. I wish i could say more but I don't fell like it. Just wait till Jqrs gets here.

P.S. A softy can't damage your scalp.

-------------
Aka Doc Shock

Posted By: BALLASTATUS
Date Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:41pm
................no no no.......... brushing is the key to getting waves ...the thing is u only use a hard or medium brush to  get your hair in order and a du rag to lay it down and........... then u follow threw with a softie as much as u want .......and the softie can not damage ur scalp because the bristles are not hard enough

-------------
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2598305240096762599uQqFxO">

Posted By: jqrs
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 1:21am
as long as u dont put alot of pressure on ur hair, u not messin wit ur scalp

-------------

Posted By: kidProdigy34
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 1:32am
im hearin him out

Posted By: waves-spinnin
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 10:59pm
I know that. With a softie u can brush all day. I should've stated that. But when I first got on here, people told me to use a hard or medium brush all the time.

-------------

Posted By: novanhoj
Date Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:26pm
Tongue

-------------

Posted By: cm0t0wn1
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 3:20am
You should use a softy at all times.

-------------
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

Posted By: Boy Wonda
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 10:59am

i understand wat u are sayin but u obviously know when to calm down on the brushin

-------------

Posted By: Spinnin_smoov
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 1:26pm
yea just be e-z wit the pressure

-------------

Im THe ReaSOn urbody gEttin braids

Posted By: babyjprettyboy
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 3:38pm
if u use A HARD BRUSH and u have a soft scalp of course u will ruin your scalp and probably go bald in the future  that way the softie is recommened  your hair is low or wet    but if wolfin use the hard  or med

-------------
ANOTHER LEVEL

Posted By: Da1nOnly
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 4:44pm
FALSE Statement - Where u hear this from?.....When I go for improvement, I brush for atleast an  hour a session and thats minimum. I used to do like 2+ when I first started. Softies are a waste of time, and I rarely use them, so I dont understand where ur comin from w/ this. My hair is perfectly fine, and i have no damage to my scalp. The only way I could see this bein tru is if either you  have a sensitive scalp, or your usin a hard brush when you hair is low(but if you doin that, you would feel it hurtin your scalp and if you had some sence you would get a softer brush...........

Posted By: Dat Boy Quis
Date Posted: November 19 2006 at 9:20am
wow another one about hair loss. mayne if hair is really low and sensitvie or after a cut, use the softy. hard will make ur hair hurt when it is low. and i brush all the time and all day wit the soft. i cnt see how people think you would lose hair when that is the main key to getting waves. just dont be stupid and brush wit a hard for a super long time.

-------------
the power of water and a brush....explore the possibilities. (Ravens Super Bowl CHAMPS '07)

Posted By: G-Hops
Date Posted: December 20 2006 at 5:06pm
i dunt beilve it

-------------
neva stop brushin

Posted By: Shockwave
Date Posted: December 20 2006 at 5:25pm
G. piece of advice to a new comer. Leave topics over 3 weeks alone.

-------------
Aka Doc Shock

Posted By: G-Hops
Date Posted: December 30 2006 at 11:56pm
yea yea

-------------
neva stop brushin

Print Page | Close Window