Print Page | Close Window

Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Loss
Forum Description: Support group for those suffering from hair loss.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48471
Printed Date: May 12 2024 at 5:16pm

Topic: Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing
Posted By: DebbieGH
Subject: Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing
Date Posted: November 18 2006 at 2:10pm
Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 40 years old and until 4 years ago had a thick head of hear. Then I got alopecia universalis (lost all hair in 1 week)and had no hair NOWHERE! for about 3 years. The first Dr's I saw when it happened had no answers and didn't even try to do anything, but when I moved to Idaho and talked to a new doctor - he was willing to work at it ... and a whole bunch of steroid shots in the head later and some rounds of oral steroids, I got hair again ... everywhere! (Oh, at least part of the problem was low thyroid and that's been fixed) Finally, last September (2006) I was able to put the wig away since I had about 1/2 inch or so of hair and figured that was better than a wig! Well, now a year later, My hair is thin ans straight and about 3" - BUT now I've got a couple of bald patches and some real significant thinning. I went back to my doc and he gave some injections ... and I'm trying this hairtopia hoping it will work. I don't want to be bald again! So that's my story .... any input on the hairtopia or anything else to try? Maybe a certain shampoo might be better? I'm open to ideas ...

Replies:
Posted By: Cmaria
Date Posted: November 27 2006 at 8:29pm
I dont know about alopecia, but my Seborreic dermatitis get better with Salicilic Acid or coal tar shampoo,like Denorex,etc my hair started to grow back.I buy over the counter

Posted By: Carolredskirt
Date Posted: November 30 2006 at 4:22pm
If you have alopecia, you need to follow your doctors instructions. Your hair may grow back but you could also lose all of your hair.
I am completely bald with AU and it hasn't hurt me any. I am a beautiful bald woman. I have a wonderful handsome man (who has beautiful long hair) and three wonderful kids (who have full heads of hair). Bald is beautiful on ladies!

-------------
in my red skirt, pantyhose, and high heels.....

Print Page | Close Window