Print Page | Close Window

Is It About You?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=48489
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:07am

Topic: Is It About You?
Posted By: Heath
Subject: Is It About You?
Date Posted: November 19 2006 at 1:27am
When a woman asks if she should cut her hair short, why do some women say, "I did it and I regret it. You will too."

Likewise someone might say, "It was the best thing I ever did. You should too."

What does her personal preference have to do with the first woman's preference? She isn't the same person and doesn't share the same opinions. Some people who cut off a lot of hair like it and some don't. Just because it happened to her doesn't mean it will to EVERYBODY else.

Replies:
Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 30 2006 at 3:23am
Most advice (on anything, really) is given based on one's personal experience.  It's the same as if a friend asks whether she should buy a certain make of car.  The people who owned one and had a bad experience will say she shouldn't, while the ones who owned one and had a good experience will say she should.  Just because one person got a lemon doesn't mean everyone will.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 05 2006 at 4:14am
 I dont know,because I never do this. My sister in law does this and it drives me crazy. I'll say i got my hair cut,and she'll say,"how could you!"
Her hair is below her waist,but so fried and dead and looks really thin. I tell her I'd rather have shorter more healthier hair then have dead weeds.
Then I tell her if I want a mohawk,it's my priority,not hers.

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: January 05 2007 at 1:41pm
Some people seem to think only they know what looks best on another person, (and of course no two agree with each other on what that good look is exactly). I think the people who say "you'll regret it" about anything, without knowing you REALLY well, and knowing what YOU like really well,  are just those who lack the imagination to realize that people like different things from what they like.  

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: dianefromcanada
Date Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:43pm
Because they are women!  Everything is so personal.  That is how they communicate. 

-------------
dianefromcanada

Print Page | Close Window